‹ Prequel: Reminiscing
Sequel: Deleted Scenes
Status: Active

Caged Mentality

Corpse Composure

POV: Riel Carlin

It was fun watching the band play their whole concert. It did make me miss playing with them though. Just the feeling of playing guitar mixed with all the instruments was enough to make you feel high without the assistance of drugs.

“That was a good concert.” I smiled gazing at the band then having an idea. I looked over Kris. He seemed like he enjoyed it as well. “Want to meet them?” it wasn't just meeting them, I wanted to see if I could just sneak in back stage.

“What, do you know them or something?” Kris questioned, staring at me. “Sure, that'd be cool.”

I hadn't told him anything about my family. So of course, he'd not even notice the guitarist was my identical other half. This would be fun. Messing with the head of a guard and make Kris play guessing games. I could have fun once in a while couldn't I?

“Something like that.”

I led him over to the security guard for backstage. I had a lot of practice pretending to be Eli. I walked over to the guard very casually.

“Think you could move?” I smiled, “the encore is soon.”

“Uh... sure thing... but when did you leave backstage Eli?”

“Not even a minute ago. I left the other side.”

“Oh... and who's this?”

“Friend from another band. Thought he'd like talking to Tadyn.” Tadyn was their drummer.

He nodded then moving aside. Success. It was pretty bad when a guard didn't notice the difference between Eli and I. Then again, he may not have known he had an identical brother. But there could always be fans who pretend to be a band member to get in.

I shook my head almost laughing. Grabbing Kris's wrist I began to run to the back of the stage where all the band people would be sitting.

“Wait a second.” Kris stopped, forcing me to stop with him. “What the hell was that?”

“You'll see. Just come on.” I rolled my eyes just wanting to wait and see his reaction.

We passed by so many other people most of them yelling or asking why I was so far away from the stage. “So annoying...” I muttered. There were going to be pros and cons of pretending to be him. I noticed Wade not far off. “Hey!” I yelled.

“Riel!” he yelled, “what the fuck? Didn't know you were here. How?”

I grinned, Eli and I always switch places. “You know, the usual.”

“well he's over there.” he nodded in the direction of my brother, “Kairo and I are doing an acoustic song. Then another song with everyone.”

“Okay, now will you explain to me what's going on? Who the hell is Eli and why did the security dude think you were him?” Kris questioned, confused.

I suppose he deserved some explanation now. “I have two siblings.” I stated rather vaguely.

“Aw you little fucker. Pretending to be me again.” Eli wrapped his arms around me. I smiled. “You owe me.” Didn't I always?

“Yeah, whatever.” I chuckled. “Kris, this is my brother Eli.”

“Oh! Kris.” he smiled, shifting his attention, “how are you?”

“I'm good...” Kris mumbled, staring at Eli a moment before turning to me. “You could've told me you have a fucking identical twin, that would've been kinda nice to know, along with the fact he's in this band. Jeez...”

“You didn't ask,” I laughed, “you looked 'em up, I thought you'd notice. And actually it's triplets. Just my sister doesn't look like us.” Most couldn't tell us apart. So I figured if he'd looked up the band before, why wouldn't he notice we looked the same?

“Riel, you shouldn't be playing with minds of innocent people.”

“Oh shut the fuck up. Like you can talk?”

“What are you to Riel?” he asked curiously. This would be great... my brother didn't believe I was gay, and I had my boyfriend with me.

“His boyfriend. Finally...” Kris replied, crossing his arms and sighing. “Refused to be with me for like, a month.”

“Oh...” Eli mumbled biting his lip trying to understand. Just like I thought. He was thinking about the fact I wasn't gay still. He suddenly grinned, causing me to stare at him cautiously. “Convince Riel to play with me next song.”

“What? I don't play anymore... And I don't know your song.” I replied defensively. I did love guitar, but their band reminded me of a time I was superly fucked up. I did drugs and partied. What good was that life?

“You play?” Kris questioned, gaping at me. “you never mentioned that either! Get the fuck out there and play!” he grinned.

Fuck... this is what Eli had planned. He knew Kris was in a band. So of course he was going to use that to his advantage.

“I didn't come here to play.”

“Please Riel! Don't you love your brother? I always protected you.” he rambled on trying to guilt trip me. He always had to try and get me to do what he wanted.

“I don't have a guitar.” I spat. I was trying to come up with some kind of an excuse. I knew it wouldn't work though. I glared at him the moment he pointed at a guitar though.

“Sure you do.” he pointed at a guitar behind Kris. “Use that.”

Kris grabbed the guitar pushing it at me. Wonderful... “You're going out there and playing. I wanna hear. I'll push you out there if I have to.”

"Kairo won't like it.” I tried again. Ever since I left the band he wouldn't talk to me much.

“Fuck, yes he will. We kick ass with you! Come on Riel! Please...” he begged.

“I don't know whatever song you'll play! I can't play-”

“You always play off any random thing I play.” Eli countered.

“You'll be fine then.” Kris told me. “So you're going! It's only one song.” why did he have to side with my evil brother?

“One song now...and road trip with band at the end.” I muttered. “Eli will take it so much further then one song eventually.”

“So? Bands kick ass. You don't belong as a therapist.” he had to keep spewing this shit apparently...

“But that's what he wants to be. So just one song.” Kris stated. Thanks for being on my side with that at least... how long would that last though... Eli had a knack for getting allies.

“I think even you know Riel is better for a band...” he mumbled staring at Kris blankly. “Oh you can do backup too!” Eli hugged me.

“Definitely not. I'll play guitar, but not trash my vocals.” I hadn't screamed or sang in years. Yet he wanted me to do that now? I wouldn't have a voice tomorrow if I did.

“I think Riel is fine as a therapist.” Kris muttered. “If he was in a band too and both of us were touring but at different times, I'd never see him. Plus, he's happy with his job Anyway, shouldn't you guys be getting out there?”

“Oh... Fuck...”

“Where the hell are you Eli?” Kairo yelled.

“Riel's playing with us.” he exclaimed happily.

Kairo laughed smiling the moment he saw me walk on stage. “Steal him for us Eli.”

“Of course... bastard hates me unless I play guitar.” I mumbled, following Eli on stage. We both stood on the left side.

I looked out at the fans. Most were probably really confused. And now...if people saw me in public they'd bother me. Not only cause they'd think I was Eli...but because now I obviously knew these people. What the fuck was I thinking going back stage?

“Hey all you fuckers out there!” Kairo screamed out to the crowd. “Tonight for our last song we've got a treat for you. About four years ago we had this little guitarist with us.”

He ran over to be planting a kiss on my cheek like he used to. I glared. I didn't want to hear any more of this...

“But he decided college was better.” he grinned walking away then looking out at all the fans again. “We're hoping if you all give him a warm welcome, maybe he'll decide to stay. So, for our encore, we're going to be performing a song written by him-”

“Oh fuck off. I'm only here to play a song. Don't be getting all these random people to side. I'm not singing either you dumb ass.” I laughed then smirking.

“Aw... he wants to disappoint us all... aw come on Riel, you gonna let down all these motherfuckers?”

“Shut up. You keep trying get me to join the wrong way.”

“Nah, it's worked before there, sweetie.” he teased jokingly. “Hell let's get this going then. He'll follow along.”

Of course I knew once Kairo had his mind set on a song he'd play it... I suppose it wouldn't kill my vocals too much.
♠ ♠ ♠
So here is the next update! I hope people liked it. You kinda understand why Kairo is mad at Riel too :3

I had some fun writing this chapter. I Was going to write lyrics for the song they sang, but i couldn't think of anything at the time and you all wanted an update! So maybe you can be on the look out for lyrics to a song of his! If you guys even care to read any xD

The next chapter will be from Stego :o So I hope you'll all enjoy that one. I'm sure you will!

thanks;
Hezzarther (lols I thought that would be a funny chapter idea)
Angelfire
ZombieChild(I'm glad that you like the story. I love playing cable :3)
Glamour!Kills (I'm sure Kris is happy he punched Cable too xD)
wo0two0t789
hugs.from.holly
CryOutInEcstacy

we love comments :D
<3 dice

PS: Did you know? From chapter 1 to this chapter is exactly 100 pages!