‹ Prequel: Reminiscing
Sequel: Deleted Scenes
Status: Active

Caged Mentality

Disobedience

POV: Khristos Larkin

“Thanks for cooperating with the exams... For once.” Riel said, sitting on his desk. He made it sound like he was just teasing, but I'm sure he was at least half serious.

“Yeah, yeah... I hope you're happy now. I'm not doing shit like that again.” I informed. He ignored my statement.

“I'll have come to a conclusion in a week or two.” He told me.

“Why is it gonna take you so long?” I questioned, impatient. If there was something wrong with me, I wanted to know. Now.

“I've gotta research and talk to them, of course.” He paused. “That means no messing around. I've gotta work.”

I sighed, lying back on the couch. “Fine.” I said, though I wasn't sure that was gonna work out. I didn't know how to not mess around.

“Wow, you're listening today...” A grin crossed his face. Yeah, enjoy it while it lasts, Riel. We'll see how long that is. “What's with that?”

“Well, I just wanna get the whole test thing over with.” I shrugged. That was the only reason I could come up with to give him.

“I still suggest meds...”

Here we go again. You'd think he'd have learned by now.

“You can try as much as you want but I will refuse meds every time.” I stated confidently. I knew I'd never cave in and take meds.

“Why?” Riel demanded. Couldn't he just take a simple no for an answer?

“Because I'm not sick, I don't need medicine.” I said, very determined that I was perfectly fine. Riel, however, wasn't convinced.

“You're not okay though. Meds just help you feel better...”

“I'm not taking meds, Riel.” I half-snapped at him. He was starting to piss me off. “I'm fine, I don't need them.”

“Kris... They're better... You won't be angry as much...”

“You're not putting me on meds!” I stated firmly. Couldn't he just drop it already? Damn... “I don't want to be dependent on pills.”

“Be reasonable...” Riel said with a sigh. “They may make things easier. You won't feel as bad about what you do during outbursts cause you won't have any... Or many at the least.”

“I. Don't. Want. Meds.” I repeated, emphasizing every word by pausing in between each of them. “I took the stupid tests, you should just be content with that.”

“I'll leave it alone for now...” He said. Finally... He stood and walked over to the couch, kneeling in front of me. “How are you feeling today?”

“Fine, I guess.” I replied, paused, then shifted so I was in a better position for kissing him, holding his face in my hands. He kissed back for just a moment before he pulled away. Jerk.

“You can't do that.” He repeated as he stood, his eyes narrowing a bit. Glare at me all you want, Riel, I don't give a fuck.

“I don't see why not.” I sighed, sitting up.

“We've been through this a million times.” He said with a roll of his eyes. “Remember? No messing around.”

“It was just one kiss.” I stated. He was being ridiculous. “Not a big deal.”

“You don't like to keep it to just one kiss.”

“Well, that's how it ended up anyway.” I noted.

“Because I moved.” He said in a dull voice. He sure liked to do that with me.

“Yeah, so? I'm just saying that it ended up that way.”

“And I'm pointing out what would have happened, had I not moved.”

“Okay,” I shrugged, “Whatever. Like it matters now anyway.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys...
So sorry that it took so long to get this up!
It's just, well, we only got five comments last chapter :/
Our comment amount has been sloping downward and honestly, it's really discouraging.
So that's why :/
But it's up now, and I hope you guys liked it!
I know it's short and kinda boring, but it needs to be here :]
We won't take as long to post again, I promise!
Just make sure you leave lots of comments this time :]

Thanks to the people that actually did comment chapter 26:
MeeSheeMuhFFin (Glad you like the story ^^ dice did the layout picture all by herself :] she did the whole layout by herself actually xD She's talented :D)

holly.is.awkward (Just you wait, you will have your Cable fix ^^)

Hezzarther

BisexualAngel

CeraRachel

xoxo,
Hayley
<3