‹ Prequel: Reminiscing
Sequel: Deleted Scenes
Status: Active

Caged Mentality

Something Different

POV: Eli Carlin

“You want to go elsewhere?” Isaac asked, eyes fixed on me.

Would I get to be alone with you? “Yeah, sure. Better than watching him put his hands and lips all over my brother...” I mumbled, glaring at Kris and then smiled once my eyes landed on Isaac.

I should probably explain a few things. First, I don't hate Kris. But you try watching someone who looks exactly like you being felt up and making out with someone you don't really care that way for. Its like watching yourself make out with them! Talk about disturbing! I have no desire to kiss Kris, though he's not a bad kisser...

And second...

Alright, I was an ass to my brother all his life over the gay thing...

I'm not completely gay, and no I am not fucking around with Isaac... He just looks too fuckin hot to avoid trying to date. How could he not be? Those blue eyes stood out so much in contrast with his black hair and spider bites alone were hot. Course we could always take his outfit into account as well...

I won't bore people with all my thoughts... But that's kinda hard... Considering every part of my mind has been yelling out at me. Yes, he is consuming all of my attention, and it's not annoying me. I'm in love with it right now.

“Okay. We can just go outside, unless you want something to eat or drink.” Isaac said, heading out of the room. I watched each step he took, not like anyone was really paying attention. I am not a creep either. I don't plan on following him home, nor do I want to sneak into his house and watch every single thing he does all day everyday. That would be weird...

Then again I was already wanting to find ways to find out anything about him I could. I wasn't exactly thrilled he had dated my brother's boyfriend in the past, but he was single now because of it. Good enough for me.

“I'm fine really.” I shrugged, smiling. “Lead the way,” I get to be away from everyone now at least. Mainly from my brother messing around....

He walked out the front door to the huge yard that was enclosed by trees of all kinds. He sat on a porch railing, facing me. “I'm sorry it's so boring out here in the middle of nowhere.” I'm not bored at all of course... I have him here. “It's good for band practice though. No neighbors complaining about the noise.” How true. I remember dad yelling at Riel and I.

“Yeah, but the outdoors is nice. I get to see studios all the time. So, if you don't mind me asking,” I began, wondering if he'd even wanna answer. I don't wanna come off nosy, but I like to ask questions and I'm not afraid to do so. Deal with it. “Why haven't you been with anyone since Kris?”

“Because, I...” He was hesitant and staring down at the wooden boards of the porch. Did he still like Kris? Was that it? I wouldn't be happy if he did... Not because I couldn't have him then- trust me, I'd find a way to make him forget it... But my brother was with Kris and only I can harm him, of course. “Well, I haven't found anyone else. That's why.”

I stared at him blankly trying to decide if I was right or wrong. Hell, why not just ask him? “You still like Kris.” Damn, that came out more like a statement than a question...

“I did when he broke up with me, but that was months ago. I'm over him.” Months ago... And he was the one broken up with. Not good... But he was honest about the first part. Question was, was he really over Kris or just thinking he was? I don't know a hell of a lot when it comes to these things... But my friends always had problems like this. The ones who weren't total sluts, I mean.

Wow... I'm such a good friend aren't I? Downing my friends like that... Eh, they deserved it. That's who they are.

“Just asking, more for my brother's sake than my own.” I don't want him to think that I don't care about my brother... Or that I'm a selfish whore. “You don't wanna be with Kris though, right? Otherwise a date is pointless.” Now I am asking for myself. I don't wanna chase what I can't possibly have in the end.

Okay... I'll admit it now. I'm being a whore.

“No, I don't want to be with Kris.” He stated firmly. That made me happy. Everyone had a chance to be happy here.

“Alright.” I smiled, satisfied enough. He wouldn't lie. I learned that much of him so far. I put an arm around Isaac as I sat beside him. “I hope he and Kris work out. I'm afraid of what Riel will do otherwise,” I sighed, recalling his encounter with another at one time... “So what do you do besides play bass?”

“I work at Hot Topic.” Isaac replied. “There's really not much else to me... I can play guitar and sing too but I'm not great at either.” He glanced over at me. “What about you?”

Not like I'm too interesting either...

Okay... Here we go... If he doesn't hate me after this... “I really have only ever played guitar. Riel used to be in my band till he left for college. So I guess I am pretty useless. I've gotten into drugs bad at one time, so dd Riel, but, it's not that bad anymore.” I paused. “I don't know your take on drugs and alcohol.”

“Alcohol I don't mind in moderation. I don't think drugs are a good idea for anyone though.”

I shrugged. How would I be able to judge that? Never killed me yet... Didn't want it to... And they weren't healthy but whatever. Nothing I can do... He didn't hate me yet, that's what counted. I could always try and kick the drugs at some point if it became a problem.

“So all of you are clean I am guessing.” I assumed. I won't lie... Some of them acted like they weren't... But problems between members like that would cause conflicts. The band could break up if they weren't on the same page.

“I don't know about Noah or Riley. I wouldn't be surprised if Noah does drugs.”

“I won't lie, I do them from time to time, but its not enough that I'm dependent.” I guess every drug addict thinks the same thing though, huh? Till they need to give em up.

“Well, I'm not going to try to change you. I don't interfere with people's personal business.” However, I will be making him my personal business, so that could change.

Here is the test though I guess. “You still want to go on a date with me knowing that?” I locked eyes with him. I needed to know.

He held my gaze, not responding for a few moments. That was making me want to rip apart this railing. I needed to know. “Yeah. As long as you aren't gonna be high.” He smirked slightly. I liked when he did that. It strangely fit him.

“I won't be.” Little does he know, I won't let him get away from me the moment I claim him as mine. “I will never be high around you.” I smirked a little. Couldn't help it. Someone who didn't care about my problems was willing to go on a date with me and he was hot as hell.

“That's good,” he smiled.

“Oh, sorry about my brothers reaction as well.” I laughed, replaying it in my head. It was awesome how much I bothered him earlier. “How long are they gonna suck face or whatever it is they're doing...”

“Who knows,” He laughed also. “You could always go check if they're done.”

Hell fuckin no.

“Nah, I don't like watching someone violate my brother.” He just looks too much like me... “It's worse that he looks identical to me.”

“I suppose. So what do you want to do then?”

“What do you normally do?”

“Here? Babysit the rest of the band.” He smirked. I could see that. He was the only one with brains. “But Riel is here too keep Kris in line, and Noah and Riley already escaped. So I don't know what to do.”

“We can take Riel's car and go have fun somewhere else.” I grinned holding up my brothers keys. His car was pretty sweet... I took the keys when he was staring at Kris when we got here. Took em right from his pocket.

“If you really wanna go somewhere, we could just take my car.” He chuckled, motioning to his Tiburon. It's a decent car but still no Eclipse...

Then again, the Eclipse is a girly car...

“If you don't wanna go in the convertible.” I shrugged, standing and heading towards his car.
♠ ♠ ♠
So what did you all think of Eli's POV? it was a lot of fun to write :o he's the same and so different from Riel all at the same time lols. Anyways, I'm glad you all thought it was worht the long wait. There is still so much more to come. Stego (well... masochist.) has the next couple chapters.

thanks;

love.me.hate.me
trixcereal
holly.is.awkward
Wake!UP!DEaD!
Take Me To Infinity
FridayLove
we are not amused;
BisexualAngel
Hezzarther
RedrumIsMurder
KobraKid

<3 dice
we love all our commenters, subcribers and readers :D