‹ Prequel: Reminiscing
Sequel: Deleted Scenes
Status: Active

Caged Mentality

IED

POV: Khristos Larkin

“So, do you have results or whatever yet? From my tests.” I sat down on the couch as usual, staring at Riel, who went to sit on his desk, as usual. “It's been a couple weeks.”

“Yeah,” he said with a sigh, looking at his clipboard and scanning the pages. A sigh. Was that bad or good? Before I had much time to think about it, he told me my diagnosis. “You have IED.”

So I had something. That wasn't normally a good thing. But what the hell was IED? “Okay, Mr. Smart Doctor, I don't know what the hell that means.”

“Intermittent Explosive Disorder,” he clarified. I had a goddamn disorder? “It's a behavioral disorder. Basically, you just get really angry. Angrier than necessary for whatever situation.”

“I have a disorder?” I questioned, having a hard time believing it. I never thought there was anything wrong with me, really. I mean, an anger problem, yeah, but I didn't think it was this bad. “So that means... I am sick?”

“It just means that meds are the best option to fix it. And counseling, of course,” he said. “There is no known reason for what causes it.”

“I'm not taking meds, Riel. We've been through this before.”

“Fine. No meds. But at least stay in counseling.”

“I can do that. As long as it's you,” I told him. I wasn't going to any other counselor. “For how long, though?”

“Kris, I can't keep being your counselor forever. We're together and I could lose my job. Can't I find someone else for you?” he asked with a sigh as he set his clipboard on the desk. His eyes locked with mine.

“No. I'll only do counseling as long as it's with you,” I stated stubbornly, crossing my arms to show exactly how determined I was. “I don't want anyone else.”

“I can't stay with you forever and counsel you, too. This whole thing is unprofessional.” He stood up. “I need to find you someone else or put you on meds.”

Like either of those things would ever happen. I'm not taking medicine every day like I'm diseased or something, and I'm not going to sit on a couch and talk to some random person about my feelings. The only therapist I would accept is Riel. I didn't mind talking to him.

I stood as well. “You're not doing either. I refuse to take meds, and I refuse to see any counselor other than you.”

“Wonderful...” Riel complained, throwing his arms up. He moved to sit on the arm of the couch, facing the side. “I don't know what to do with you...”

“I'm fine how I am now. You don't need to do anything with me.”

Riel let out a half-laugh, probably taking my sentence a different way, then turned serious again. “You need one or the other.”

“No,” I responded simply, though I knew that wouldn't be the end of it.

“Yes.”

“No,” I repeated, then paused to think. I could get him to drop the subject if I just agreed to the medication. How would he know whether I took it or not? I could just leave it sitting in a cupboard and never touch it and he'd have no clue. “Fine. Medicine, then.”

“Are you actually going to take it?” he asked dully. I thought that might be a problem. “Don't lie to me or you won't see me outside work for a week,” he threatened.

“How would you know the difference either way?” I questioned, staring at him. “Besides, that's just as much your loss as it is mine.”

“If it prevents you from lying to me, then it may be worth it.” He crossed his arms, but kept his gaze on the floor. He didn't want to avoid me for a week. I think he'd have a harder time with that than I would.

I could have some fun with this. I smirked, moving to stand in front of him. “Really?” I placed the pad of my index finger under his chin, tilting his head up and resting my forehead against his. “You're willing to go a week without me? Except for one hour, but that's just a therapy session.”

“If it stops you from lying to me...” The volume of his voice dropped gradually, his eyes focused on mine. He was so easy to get flustered, and I loved it. It was adorable. Suddenly, he went to back away and ended up falling backward onto the couch. “Don't do that!”

I grinned, about to take advantage of his position. I climbed onto the couch, straddling his hips and leaning down, my face close enough to his that I could taste his breath. He always tasted so sweet. “Do what?” I questioned, still grinning.

“We're in my office!” he exclaimed in a hushed voice. “Don't get so close to me like this. I'm... not gonna give into you. So stop.”

He had barely finished speaking when I crushed my lips against his. I couldn't just sit there with his warm breath hitting my lips without getting more of a taste. His arms wrapped around my neck, pulling me closer, obviously just as sucked in as I was. Just when I was about to include a bit of tongue action, Riel broke the kiss. “Wait, no. I just said we're in my office! Get off of me.”

I half ignored him, my thoughts drifting back to an earlier discussion, for some reason unknown to me. After a short moment, I had decided something. “I'll take the medicine,” I announced, actually meaning it. What had gotten into me? I was so against it.

“Seriously?” Riel questioned, his eyes locked with mine. His arms were still around my neck, keeping me close. I just wanted to kiss him again. “Not lying to me?”

I shook my head. “Seriously.” This brought a smile across his lips, and he pecked my lips.

“That makes me happy.” I couldn't help but smile back, gently playing with his hair for a moment before kissing him again. He returned my kiss, moving his arms inside the space between us so he could run his hands down my sides, resting them on my hips. He pulled me against him, our bodies crushing together. His tongue ran across my bottom lip, but he didn't miss a beat on parting my lips on his own.

I slid my tongue into his mouth before his entered mine and I gripped his hair tighter, getting more caught up in him. Riel inhaled deeply through his nose as his hands tugged at my pants, then snaked under my shirt and up my back, digging his nails into my skin, causing me to make a small sound of pleasure and pain.

Breaking the kiss, I slid my lips over Riel's soft skin to the bit of his neck that wasn't covered by his shirt collar, then up to just behind his ear, planting some kisses along the way. After I had left a long kiss behind his ear, Riel took my face in his hands, moving my head to look at him. “We can't do any more... here,” he mumbled. We were both breathing heavier than normal, and we both just wanted each other right now.

I let out a sigh before smirking and trailing my lips along his neck again. “Let's go somewhere else, then.”

Riel half laughed. “Like where? You know I'm supposed to be working.” He ran his fingers through my hair, then I could feel him pushing against me, wanting to sit up. I sat up, but didn't get off of him, and pulled him upright with me.

“You're no fun.” I frowned. I wanted him. I didn't care that he was supposed to be working, or that people could walk in. I just wanted him.

“Hey, I never said I wouldn't go anywhere.” He grinned, then his lips were against mine again. I kissed back immediately, but he pulled away again. “But I should be working.”

“You've ditched work for me before,” I recalled, grinning.

“If I recall correctly, they were valid reasons.. Not just cause I wanna fuck around with you.” He laughed lightly, trailing his lips along my jawbone. I wanted to kiss him, but he started trying to push me off. “I shouldn't.”

“I think you should,” I said, not moving.

“And where are we going then?”

“Your place?” I suggested with a shrug. “Wherever.”

“How about you let me see your place?” Riel suggested. He had never seen it, but that was because I didn't want him to. He didn't need to.

“Why? It's just a boring apartment.”

“I wanna see it.” Riel shrugged. He seemed to have forgotten about wanting me. Fuck, why couldn't he just take me to his place so we could finish what we started? “I think we should take your car and go there so I can see your house.”

“Apartment,” I corrected. “Boring, cheap apartment with absolutely nothing interesting in it.”

“I wanna see it. Let's go.”

“What if I refuse?” I didn't understand his sudden obsession with wanting to see my apartment.

“You aren't getting me out of this office any other way.”

“I could probably carry you out,” I said thoughtfully.

“I'll go a week without seeing you outside work.”

I stared at him with a dull expression. “Are you going to use that for everything now?”

“No. Just this and you lying.”

I rolled my eyes, giving in. “Fine, whatever. But after this, you're never going to come to my apartment again.” I got off the couch.

“If you think so.” Riel laughed, standing as well. He grabbed his clipboard from the desk, then headed out of the room. I followed him down the stairs, stopping so he could hand the clipboard to his receptionist lady that always seemed to give Riel a creepy stare.

She smiled at him as she took the clipboard. “Have a nice day.”

“You too,” Riel replied, starting to walk again. I followed, watching the lady watch Riel with that stalker-ish look in her eyes. I stared forward, wondering if Riel ever noticed that his receptionist was a creep.

-x-

“You can just look around quickly and then we can go somewhere else,” I told Riel as I unlocked both the deadbolt and the handle to my apartment. I pushed open the door and moved to let Riel through. He glanced at me before stepping inside.

“We'll see,” he responded as I followed him in, shutting and locking the door. I kept it locked at all times. I didn't live in the nicest of apartment complexes.

“It's really not that bad of a place... Just the surrounding area is...” Riel commented, looking at the kitchen, then the living room.

“It's the shittiest apartment I've ever been in,” I informed.

“It's not horrible though. I guess your hatred explains why you're never here.” He laughed, then stopped in front of my bedroom door, which was closed. “Your bedroom?”

I nodded as he opened the door. I followed him in, watching him look around the room. “You need to clean.” He laughed, leaning against the wall. I scanned the room, which had various things laying around. Clothes, CD cases, a few empty bottles, etc.. It's been in worse condition. “But you know, I like your place. This room looks about how I imagined it.”

“Well, you're never going to see it again, so enjoy it while it lasts.”

“Oh come on. That's hardly fair. You're always at my house.” He sighed, then looked at me. “Only fair.”

“You live in a fucking condo!” I exclaimed, throwing my hands in the air for emphasis. Compared to Riel's place, my apartment was a damn nightmare.

“So?” He shrugged as if it was nothing. He sat down on my bed and looked around the room again. “Still. I like being at your house, too. My condo is boring.”

Ugh. Really? That's like passing a hobo on the street and asking him to let you wear his clothes because your hundred-dollar suit is too boring.

“Oh, and mine is interesting? I guess if you find a ghetto apartment complex interesting...”

“Never been to one before.” He shrugged again. “It's your house though. That's why I like it.”

I rolled my eyes and crossed my arms. “You're never coming here again,” I said with a tone of finality. “Can we go now?”

“I don't wanna leave yet.” Riel smirked. Was he wanting to stay longer just to piss me off or something? “I like it here.” I scowled at him, and he just laughed. “Am I pissing you off?”

“Frustrating me,” I corrected. “Is that a good idea either way?”

“I guess not,” he replied. “You did say anywhere, though, so maybe you should be careful what you say next time.”

“Fine, I'll keep that in mind. Can we go now?”

Riel sighed. “Can't we stay a while longer?” He stood up.

“For what reason?” I questioned, wishing he would just give up so we can leave. I didn't like being here, and there wasn't much reason to be here. I was out of this place any time I could get the chance, so I didn't keep very interesting things here.

“To spend time here together. If it's my last time here, I'd like to use as much time as I can,” he answered, walking over to stand in front of me. “You have a T.V. or something, don't you?”

“I have one, but it's just for movies and video games. That's all you want to do? Can't we just go to your house?”

“Well, unless you have something else in mind. But I wanna stay here.”

“The 'something else' I had in mind was going to your house and messing around,” I said, a slight bitter tone to my voice.

“You don't still wanna do that really...” He sighed. “We left to see your house.” I just rolled my eyes. “I don't wanna go home to mess around. We always do...” He walked out of my bedroom and into the living room, sitting on my ugly but very comfortable couch. I followed, sitting beside him.

“Fine. Whatever. What are we doing then?”

“Watching T.V.,” he replied. “I said that before.”

“I don't have very many movies here.”

“Just pick one.” He shrugged.

“It was your idea,” I reminded as I stood, picking a stack of five movies up from the table the television sat on. I handed the movies to Riel. “You pick.”

“Fine.” He sighed and picked one out, handing it back to me. I put it in the DVD player and started it up, then took the other movies and set them back on the table before returning to my spot beside Riel. As the movie started, I looked over at Riel, then pulled him closer. If we were going to watch a movie, I was at least going to cuddle with him.

“I think it's nice just watching a movie with you. Don't you think?”

“I'd prefer it wasn't at my apartment, but yes.”

“Oh forget we're at your apartment.” He wrapped his arms around me.

“Whatever...” I muttered, cuddling up to him with my eyes fixed on the television.

“It's that hard?” Riel laughed. I then smirked. Maybe I could get my way after all.

“You're not distracting me enough.”

“Not enough? What do you want me to do?” I turned my head as he leaned into me, his lips tantalizingly close to mine. His breath hit my lips only once before I closed the distance, kissing him roughly. He smirked and pushed me back onto the couch, kissing me. I didn't like not having control of these situations, but since it was something that didn't happen often, it was actually kind of sexy when Riel got forceful.

Twisting his fingers in my hair, he moved to bite my neck. I tilted my head back to give him more space and wrapped an arm around his waist to hold him closer, my other hand gripping his hair. I let him continue for a while and I let out quiet moans when he hit the right spots, but I wasn't letting him have control the entire time.

I flipped Riel over onto his back so I was on top, smirking, keeping my face close to his. “Who said you could be on top?” I kissed him, sliding my tongue into his mouth. I undid his tie, pulling it off and tossing it aside.

“You don't make the rules,” he informed after breaking the kiss. He pushed against my chest and I let him force me into an upright position before I pushed him back down, running my lips along his neck.

“You're not going to win this.” I said before biting his neck.

“Doesn't mean I'll just give up.” He ran his nails roughly down my torso, holding me tightly. He then brought his hands to my head, moving my face up so he could crush his lips against mine.

“You're more aggressive than usual,” I said with a grin when I pulled away. I tangled my fingers in his hair, running my other hand up Riel's shirt, feeling the soft skin of his back. I moved my head again to resume biting his neck.

“Annoying you?” he mumbled, pushing against me again, this time pushing me off the couch on accident. He landed on top of me and pulled off my shirt, planting a trail of kisses down my front.

“Not at all,” I replied, panting a bit, gripping Riel's hair and shirt. I didn't even care that I was on the bottom at that moment. I just wanted him. Badly.

I let out a moan when he started leaving a mark on my torso, and I pulled at his hair. He left one on another spot, then trailed his lips back up to kiss me, slipping his tongue into my mouth. He kept his hands on my hips, a finger hooked through my belt loop. I returned his kiss and started unbuttoning his shirt, sliding it off his torso, then ran my hands over his exposed front.

Our kissing got more rough and intense, and our hands began roaming each other's bodies, tugging on clothes, hair, and digging nails into skin. With my arms around his torso, I crushed him against me, our warm bodies grinding together, moans escaping our lips. His hands trailed down to my pants, fingers fumbling to hastily undo my belt and pants. Once he had pulled my pants off, I flipped him onto his back again, refusing to let him have control for the rest of this.

-x-

“Is there even a point to putting in movies anymore?” I smirked, sliding my pants over my legs.

Riel shrugged, also getting redressed. “Sure. Background noise.” He pulled me over to him, kissing me deeply. I returned his kiss. Apparently, we just couldn't get enough of each other today.

He pulled away, picking up his shirt and putting it back on. He had only secured two buttons when I pulled him back into my arms. “What's gotten into you today?” I chuckled.

“I'm just happy you agreed to take the medicine without giving me such a hard time.” He laughed, wrapping his arms around me. “And I got to see your apartment.”

“Which you will never see again,” I reminded. “But I'm glad you're happy.”

“Aw... Come on,” he begged. “Please? I like it here.” It was hard to resist him when he was so damn cute.

“Why? There's nothing here to like. I hate being here.”

He shrugged. “Cause it's yours. You haven't liked being here the whole time?”

“I obviously liked what we were doing.”

“One of these days I'll win, though.”

“You won today as much as you're ever going to,” I informed.

“Why?”

“That's just how it is,” I answered simply. I didn't have any other way to put it.

“I disagree,” Riel mumbled. “Have you ever even been bottom? You might not hate it.”

“I haven't, and I never will.”

“Why? You don't know what it's like. You can't say you don't like it.”

“I'm never going to find out,” I said confidently.

“Why?”

“Because I don't like being dominated, unless it's just for a bit of the time, and it doesn't happen every time.”

“So I shouldn't do that every time?” He laughed. “What if I do?”

“I won't let you,” I said with a smirk, then pecked his lips. I picked up my shirt, pulling it over my head as I walked toward the bathroom. “Fix your hair and shit so we can leave,” I called to Riel from the bathroom, leaving the door open while I styled my hair again. “You need to look the same as you did when we came here.”

“I hate this outfit...” Riel said, and then there was a pause. “I guess we can leave now.”

After making my fohawk look as good as new, I left the bathroom, finding Riel back in his shirt and tie, his hair tamed. Good enough for me. “Okay. Let's go.”
♠ ♠ ♠
WE ARE OFFICIALLY BACK.
For serious this time, guys.
We've gotten our motivation for this story back, and we'll be keeping up with it this time around. We've been working on new stuff for you guys, and it's gonna be awesome. C:
So here's a nice long chapter for you to enjoy.
Leave us comments so we know we've still got fans! We've missed you guys. <3

Thanks for your comments on the previous chapter!
polka dot perfection
trixcereal
AshlynnPSkittleQueen
holly.is.awkward
MyCornerOfTheWoods


-Amanda
<3