Status: Updates may take a while

Stubborn

038

Lightning flashed above me as I swam towards the pier in the middle of the lake.
Only two more laps I reminded myself. Then I’m done.
Rain started to fall again and I forced myself to swim faster.
I could hear cheers from everyone on shore, as they sat on the beach. Dry.
Jerks.
As quickly as my frozen body would let me I made my way around the pier and headed back towards the beach.
Once more Harry my voice sounded in my head. I sucked in a deep breath as the shore came into view.
“Go Cassidy!” Kara screamed.
“Shut up! That’s Harry Potter!” Brian yelled.
I laughed and pushed myself faster, just thinking of the warm towel that I would soon have.
As I rounded the pier again I pushed myself faster and before I knew it I was standing on the shore.

My teeth clattered together and I shivered, instantly wishing that I was back in the water instead of standing out in the windy air.
“I think that was your personal best Harry,” Jaynie said as Brian threw a towel around my shoulders.
“I’m fre-freezing,” I stammered, hugging the towel around myself.
“Let’s get you inside,” Brian said, wrapping his arm around my shoulder.
I leaned against him to get some more warmth as he rubbed my shoulder.
Brian set me on the couch while Kevin went and got me more towels.
“Want me to get you some warm clothes?” Kara offered and I nodded my head while my teeth continued to rapidly click.
“Yeah, do that,” Brian said, placing another towel around me.
“Jaynie, this may have been a bad idea,” Kevin said as he and Brian tried to dry me off.
“That….that’s not Jaynie,” I stuttered.
“Great, now she’s delusional,” Kevin muttered.
“That’s Ron,” I finished, trying my best to sound threatening.
“Well, I’m pretty sure she’ll live,” he mumbled, putting the towel over my wet hair. “Jaynie, start a fire.”
“Okay,” she said.
I paid no mind to anything but the heat that the guys were trying to give me.
Kara appeared a few minutes later with a dark red thermal and a pair of black sweatpants.
“Let me help,” Alexis said, quickly pushing Kevin and Brian away and pulling me back to my feet.
Slowly, I followed them down the hallway and into the bathroom where they quickly stripped me of my wet pajamas and put Kara’s dry clothes on me.
My eyes glazed over as I smacked Alexis off me.
“Cassidy, what’s wrong?”

“Joanna honey, you’ll be all better now,” an older lady spoke. I just glanced up at her and back at my home.
Blue and red lights flashed in front of my eyes as I watched a police officer take my mother and father out of the house.
“We’ll need to get her out of these clothes. They smell horrible.” Another police officer spoke.
M y small fingers clung into the yellow dress as I bit my lip. “Where are you taking me?” I asked.
“We’re putting you somewhere where you’ll be safe,” he answered, putting his hand on my shoulder. “I’m just glad we got to you in time honey. Would you like to go for a ride in my police car?”
“Can you put the siren on?” I asked, letting my excitement grow. A ride in the police car and then going back home, maybe mommy and daddy will give me a hug when I get back.
“Of course Joanna,” he answered, taking my small hand into his large one.

I sat on a cold plastic chair as the police officer went to go fill out paperwork.
“Here,” a lady smiled, “have some cookies.”
A large smiled plastered onto my face and I could feel my eyes light up as I took one, any more and mommy would be mad.
I’m not allowed to eat unless she says so.
It melted in my mouth as I took a large bite. “I hope you’re not allergic to peanuts,” she smiled. “When you’re done with that why don’t you come with me and we’ll dress you in something better.”
“Why?” I asked, taking another bite of my cookie. Mommy wouldn’t be happy if I lost my pretty yellow dress.
“Well, you don’t want to be in that dress anymore, it’s filthy.”
“But Mommy said I have to be a good girl before I can change,” I told her, finishing my cookie.
“You’ve been a good girl Joanna,” she whispered, tears started to form in her eyes. She reached her hand towards mine. Her long fingers were warm as I slipped my hand into them.
She led me down a hall where a few more ladies were.
They asked for my size, which I didn’t know, but the Cookie Lady gave them one anyway.
Soon they stripped off my yellow dress and were placing a pink shirt on my torso.
“But when Mommy sees me she’s going to be mad,” I cried, reaching for the dress that they placed into a clear bag.
“Joanna, you won’t be seeing your parents for a very long time,” Cookie Lady said.
“But I’ve been good!” I yelled, slapping the lady’s hand who was trying to put some flowery underwear on me. “I want to go home!”
“Joanna, calm down,” she said, kneeling down so she could look me in the eyes. “We’re going to put you in a much better home. They won’t hit you or anything here.” She promised, tucking my legs into some jeans. “You’ll be happy. You’ll like it.”
I bit my lip. “I want my mommy.”


“Whoa, Cassidy, calm down.” Kara said, grabbing a hold of my arm, “We’re just trying to get you in some warm clothes.”
“I want my mommy!” I said, pushing her away.
“Uh, Jaynie!” she yelled, opening the door, “Come here! I need your help!”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hopefully we still have readers for this :/
Sorry that everything is taking so long at the moment but we both have very busy schedules.
Updates should start coming faster soon though :)