Status: Under construction, 2018.

Craving the Crescent

F O U R T E E N

bethaniespointofview

My bed was warm, my bed was cozy, my bed was shaking. "What?" I groaned, trying to roll over.

"Bethanie," Charlie's voice was full of amusement, as the shaking stopped, "Get out of bed." I groaned, and tossed a pillow in his general direction.

I heard a gruff oomph, as the pillow made contact before the quick shuffling of feet across the hardwood floor. I was almost lulled into a new sleep, when my bed began shaking as if an earthquake was tearing through it. "What is ha-" I bolted up, only to collide heads with Charlie. I heard snickering by the door and shot my eyes grouchily in that direction, preparing to glare at the person.

My eyes dropped and my heart skipped a beat when i saw it was Seth and Jake, standing there. It had been a few days since Seth and i imprinted, and i had seen him alot since then. The boys smiled at me, and i looked around. Jake had a couple of fishing rods in one hand, and a pair of rubber boots in the other. Seth just stood with one hand on the frame of the door, openly laughing at me. I stuck my tongue out, "Charlie," I whined, "They're laughing at me."

The boys booming laughter was then joined by Charlie, as he went to get my crutches for me. He stopped by them and pointed, asking with his eyes what i wanted. I shook my head, and pointed to my wheelchair in the corner. Nodding once, Charlie came to my side, and helped pull me from the bed. I smiled as realization dawned on me, we've developed a communication system without words.

Charlie buckled my crutches to the back of my chair and rolled me into the hall and past the boys to the washroom, leaving me just inside it to do what i had to. After washing my hands, i hobbled back into my chair and wheeled myself out the door and back across the hall. Jake was leaning against the railing talking to Charlie, and Seth was sitting on the top step watching me curiously.

Seth stopped me right before i got in the room, "We called Charlie this morning, he said you didn't have any," He place a pair of rubber boots on my lap. They were green with white polka dots, and little buckles on the side. "I didn't know what colour you'd like, so i picked my favourite." he smiled sheepishly.

Reaching one hand up, i hugged him tightly around the neck. He seemed a little surprised at first, but then returned the gesture. Pulling away i smiled, "I love them. Green is perfect." He laughed and gave me a blinding smile, before moving out of the way so i could continue to my room. I closed the door behind me, and pulled out clothes. I could only assume by the supplies we were going fishing. I grabbed Emmett's sweats from the floor and a hoodie from my dresser, getting dressed quickly. Braiding my hair, i was satisfied, and rolled my way into the hallway.

All three guys stood, each ready to help me down the stairs. Jake stepped forward first, and placed his hands on my hips, "Ready?" he whispered, and i nodded into his shoulders as i tightly wrapped my arms around him. He lifted me from my chair with ease, and flung me over his shoulder unexpectedly. i laughed and pounded on his back.

"Let me down, this isn't funny." I giggled, my body betraying my mind, "Seriously, i'm going to puke." Jake laughed as he carried me all the way down the stairs and to the kitchen over his shoulder. i thought he was ready to drop me unceremoniously onto a chair, but i felt hot hands on my hips stopping him from dropping me.

"She's already not in the best of shape, can we not make it worse?" A distinctly female voice scolded, sounding grumpy despite herself. Jake let me down slowly, and i smiled up at him.

"That was rude," I scolded. I looked over to see who had so courageously saved me. A tall girl with short cropped hair and the same charcol eyes as Seth was leaning against the counter. She looked me up and down, and gave me a turn up of her lips. Not quite a smile, but not a frown either. I cleared my throat, "Thanks."

She shrugged, "I did it for Seth." She came over and stuck her hand out stiffly, "I'm Leah Clearwater, his sister." I nodded, and shook her hand. I was surprised by the heat of her palm, it was the same heat i felt in Jake and Seth. As understanding flashed across my face, she nodded and handed me a muffin. She's one too.

"Hurry up, Kids!" Charlie called from the living room as his voice traveled to the foyer, "We leave in five." Jake called back agreement, and Seth rummaged around in the kitchen drawers.

He found what he was looking for and joined me at the table. I hid a laugh, as he pulled my heavy cast into his lap and pulled out a box of plastic wrap. His eyes twinkled a little mischievously, "Don't want to get your cast wet, " His laugh was thick in my ears as i playfully hit him on his chest. the loud sound of the wrap being pulled from the roll disrupted our banter, as Leah tightly encased my white leg. When she got to my upper thigh i began to squirm, because she had to past the cast and under my pant line.

I giggled loudly as her hand gently brushed my thigh, "Sorry," I squawked, "I'm really ticklish." She gave me a smile smile, and poked my ribs as she kept wrapping my leg. Eventually i felt like wrapped sausage, and blushed as Seth gently pulled me to my feet. My hands felt electric where they touched his body, as he supported my weight on his body.

"i'd carry you," He whispered, "But Charlie would get suspicious." His eyes sparked as he looked into my face. I felt a warm ball of heat growing in my chest as i stared into his dark eyes. "He's knows about us, but he doesn't know that you know, you know?"

I laughed as we got outside, "I have no idea what you're talking about," he grinned and made his way over to a dirty white pickup parked just inside the driveway. Charlie was loading fishing gear in the back, and talking to a women who was maybe a few years younger than him. She had dark long hair woven into thick braids hitting halfway down her back.

When she turned around while smiling up at Charlie, i was surprised by the resemblance to Leah and Seth. I looked up at him, "Is she your Mom?" He smiled, and nodded big. "She's beautiful." I leaned more into his side, as he took more of the weight off my body. I liked the feel of his body against mine. There was little jolts of electricity running through my heart, and pleasant heat surrounding me. i felt comforted, surrounded by the strength and warmth.

"You must be the Bethanie i keep hearing so much about, " I looked up to see the smiling face of Seth's mom, "I'm Sue."

I nodded at her, feeling the comfortable aura grow around us. The strength and support radiated out from Seth like the ripples of water, making me feel giddy. "We're going fishing," Jake said, as Leah climbed in the front seat with Sue and Charlie. Seth climbed into the back and both of them hoisted me up. It was more for me than them, one could have lifted me fine.

"Those pants stink," Jake whispered to me, as Seth slid his arms around me shoulders and i leaned into his warmth, feeling a small chill run up my back.

"So do you," I murmured, shooting him a nasty face, to which he stuck his tongue out and proceeded to be childish.

"I think she smells fine," Seth smiled down at me, his bright teeth twinkling in the light shining through the windows. Did i just say his teeth twinkled? I smiled back at him, trying to hide the blush on my cheeks. I could tell by his outburst of laughter, i failed.

"So Bethanie, " Sue called over the seat, "Tell us something about yourself." She smiled back at us, and Seth looked down. i looked at him and saw his red cheeks.

Nudging his hip, i smiled up at his Mom, "Call me Bethie." Her face was kind, "I'm not sure what to really say. I'm fifteen, i go to forks high school, i'm originally from Southern Alberta in Canada, and i eat too much icecream for my own good."

i looked to Jake, and saw he had a massive shit eating grin on his face. "That explains this then," He said, poking me in the stomach. I turned towards him, giving him a massive glare. Oh, that's it, Buddy. I launched towards him and grabbed his ear, using my other hand i gave him a massive wet willy. I was about to do more, when i felt large arms wind themselves one around my waist and shoulders, pulling me back.

Seth held me tightly to his chest, "Oh, Bethie Bear, why can't you just be a good little girl?" I just grumbled mean words under my breathe, only he could hear. His deep laugh rolled through his chest, and i felt it against my back.

"Alright, kids. Stop your grumbling, " Charlie's gruff voice held amusement, as he hopped down from the passenger side. the boys climbed out and helped me down, and as i leaned against Seth, everyone began unloading things.

"It's beautiful, " I mumbled, looking out across the sparkling lake and towering trees.

"So are you," Seth kissed the top of my head, and i smiled up at him. I don't care why this happened to me, but i'm grateful.
♠ ♠ ♠
Fourteen .. Hmph.
So i thoroughly expect to get some angry words,
For me having taken so long.
& I'm sorry. Also, this is basically a filler,
That is all, haha.
I applaud you, (:

PS: http://www.polyvore.com/my_bed_was_warm_cozy/set?id=28764781
For curious readers.