Status: Under construction, 2018.

Craving the Crescent

F O U R

bethaniespointofview

When i woke up, i was still on the couch. The soft wool blanket was tucked in around me, and a pillow was propped under my head. I contemplated getting up, before giving into the feel of the well loved couch and relaxing deeper into it.

Hushed voices spoke from the kitchen, "The day went well, Charlie. She smiled and laughed, i got her to eat and take her pills. It all went smoothly." Jacob's husky voice carried gently into the living room.

"I'm glad." Charlie answered, a sigh coating his voice, "You off to run patrol, now? Or are you going back to the Cullen's?"

"Back to the Cullen's, Seth is running patrol out there and after i check up, i should relieve him." Jacob's low rumble sounded as if it were in the room.

"Right." I could picture Charlie's gruff head nod, "Can you check if Bella is coming to stay with Bethanie tomorrow? She said she would, but it's hard to be sure sometimes."

"Of course, Charlie. I'll have her call tonight." Jacob said, his voice getting louder. "I'll just grab my stuff and be out of your hair."

Jacob came around to my side of the couch, and i closed my eyes tighter. I didn't want to wake up, to acknowledge that i wouldn't be snuggling into the couch safe in dreamland. I heard rustling around as Jake got his things together, then a large warm hand laid itself on my head, "Sleep well, Bethie Bear." Jake murmured, then he was gone.

I could hear Charlie saying his goodbyes, and closing the door tight after Jacob. The lock slid home, and Charlie's boots clicked across the wood floor. I could hear the unbuckling of his gun holster, and the sliding off of his coat.

When he came into the living room, he paused in front of the couch before reclining in his chair. I heard him pick up the remote, and the click of the television turning on. Soon the room was filled with the noise of the game, and Charlie's silent cheers.

i peeked my eyes open, "Whose winning?"

Charlie smiled, "We are. How are you feeling?"

"Like i slept on the couch all day." I yawned, sitting up a little. Charlie offered to help me, but i refused. I glanced around the room, and found the clock above the bookshelf. Six o'clock. "I really did sleep all day." I smiled to myself. Poor Jake, must have been so bored.

"Are you hungry?' Charlie asked, ready to get to his feet.

"Actually Charlie, i was wondering if we could go out to eat?" I smiled, pulling myself up more, "It's been a long time since i've seen Forks. I miss it."

"Oh, of course. We can go to the Cafe, " Charlie said, getting up to get me my crutches, "Everyone has been asking about when you were going to get here, especially Cora." That made me smile, the familiar waitress had always been nice to me when i was a kid. She'd even give me extra cobbler when Bella and I asked for it.

"Do you mind if i change first, " I asked, slightly embarrassed, "I slept all day in these." Charlie nodded, and helped me up the stairs. I closed the door softly behind me, and hobbled over to my open suitcase. I hadn't actually gotten around to unpacking anything, it just felt like intruding to me.

I pulled out a white hoodie with a colourful picture of the empire state building on it. I dug out a pair of cheap hollister shorts, and grabbed a set of hair elastics and a headband. I flipped my head upside down, flung my hair in an elastic, and slid the band into place. I struggled with my cast, dull pain as well, to put my shorts on. When i was finally dressed, i swiped mascara and grabbed crutches.

Charlie was waiting at the top of the stairs, and helped me down and out to the cruiser. The drive was short, and after a little prodding Charlie told me about his day at work. When we finally got there, Charlie helped me out of the car and held the door open for me. I felt like a child again, unable to do anything by myself.

"Bethanie!" A cheery voice called from behind the counter before we even got the chance to sit down, "You look good, girl. As good as you could." Cora's warm arms found they're way around mine, as she hugged me tightly.

We sat down, and Cora took our orders. Burger and fries for me, the usual for Charlie, and cobbler for dessert. I smiled as Cora walked away, a smile on her face. When she returned, she had two big plates. I smiled even wider, "The burger looks amazing! It's been so long since i ate here!" Cora smiled and strode away.

"So Bethanie, " Charlie said around bites, "When do you think you'd like to start school?"

"Whenemfer you vant me voo." I said around a mouth of food, as Charlie laughed. "Sorry," I smiled, after swallowing hard. The burger was hot and juicy, and it melted on my tongue. I missed the Cafe food.

"Well, school has only been in for a month or so. You wouldn't be far behind if you started fairly soon." Charlie thought, aloud.

"It's not the being behind that worries me, Charlie. It's the maneuvering staircases and getting to class that troubles me." I picked at a fry, already starting to be full. I got my cobbler, and bit in happily, "Buft if i vad to say ven,"

Charlie motioned for me to swallow, and he laughed, "But if you had to say when?"

"I'd say two weeks tops, before i go back. that gives me time to get settled and to get used to these things" I pointed cruelly at my crutches.

Charlie nodded, eating his own cobbler, "Two weeks it is then."
♠ ♠ ♠
FOUR! And might i say,
this is making me feel better.
I really think this version tops the other.
I love rewrites.
Anyway, i love comments too?
i applaud you. (:

P.S. : http://www.polyvore.com/burger_smells_amazing/set?id=24739946
For curious readers.