Happening Quickly.

Expensive Dresses.

“Hey Kelly, I was talking to Trace today and he was wondering if you would like to come to his party on Friday? I’ll be going too, and Andy, Pete and Joe.” Patrick asked as I stepped in from the door after being at University. How tiring.

“What? We barely even spoke the other day, why did he invite me?” I asked questionably, I quickly walked into the sitting room and started looking at him. Confused, that was me.

“Because you and his girlfriend hit it off so well, and she’ll be like the only girl, so he doesn’t want her to be on her own, she was asking him anyway to invite you. It’s a good thing though, she likes you, she doesn’t like many girls, ‘cos she’s scared their just out to steal Trace.” He laughed, “not that anyone would even want to do that..“

I nodded at him and wondered for a minute.

“But I have no money to buy an outfit, I’ve already killed my bank account because of mom’s funeral. I don’t think I can go..” I muttered, whilst dropping my bag down and sitting beside him on the sofa. I wondered if he would notice that I was hinting for him to buy me an outfit for Friday. Today was Monday, so if he didn’t get it, I still had three days to keep hinting.

“I’ll buy you something, tomorrow, I think you deserve it for being such a good sport about the other day!” He smiled, I smiled right back and gave him a peck on the cheek.

“Aren’t you just the best brother ever?” I giggled. He nodded, right now I completely agreed with him.

* * *

“But I like that one Patrick! The clothes you like are old-fashioned! I want a dress, yeah, but not that! It’s brown? Who wears brown to a party in this day and age?” I gasped at him, as I held out the knee length, dark brown dress, made out of wool. I checked the price tag and gasped at the price, $380 dollars for this piece of crap? Are you kidding me?

“But it’s back in style, you want to have some fashion sense? Show that you know your clothes!” He laughed. I just started at him and put the horrible dress back on the rack, I then continued to walk over to another aisle and look through it. These dresses were horrendous, yet so expensive? Did people really buy clothes here just to show they have money?

As I was throwing my hands carelessly through the expensive dresses, one caught my eye. I quickly whipped it out and stared at it. It was gorgeous, utterly amazing. Words could not describe how gorgeous it was.

It was emerald green, with wide black straps and a black ribbon around the waste, and down on the bottom another black ribbon, and on the top right corner, by the strap was a big black flower. I was stunned by this amazing dress. I’d never seen anything so beautiful. I quickly checked the price tag as I heard Patrick walk behind me, getting closer. $565 dollars. It was more expensive then the ugly thing, but it was completely worth its price, and I wanted it. But could I really ask my brother for something so expensive, when I was only going to wear it once? I turned to face him, he was eyeing the dress up and down.

“I like it, but what’s the price tag?” He whispered. I stared at him for a few moments, wondering whether I should tell him the price of the gorgeous dress. Instead he just whipped it out of my hands.

“Holy shit! It’s so pricey! Man, do people really buy these?” He asked, but to no one directly, “Kelly, it’s really pricey and you know, I think I’ll buy it, ‘cos I’m going to just waste my money on something else, so it might as well be for someone else.”

We ended up buying some really nice shoes, they were flat as I didn’t want to seem like a tall person. They were black and had sparkles and little bows on the front, amazingly they cost $50. He bought me a silver necklace with a big black silver heart necklace, which had diamonds on it! This cost $150! So all in all, he was spending a lot of money on me for one party, hopefully I wasn’t going to be the only one overdressed and that other people splashed out too.