Happening Quickly.

Love Bite

I didn’t want to open my eyes. I could keep them closed forever and I couldn’t care. I felt as if I hadn’t slept in years and my bones ached. Maybe I was coming down with the flu? I sure hoped not.

The sun just wouldn’t leave me alone, whatever way I wriggled. I muttered to the sun to leave me alone, but it just ignored my commands. Who did it think it was?

I moved about and wriggled myself under the duvet covers and hid my head, but it was no use, the sun was still shining in.

I whipped myself up from the bed and looked over towards the cheap curtains.

“Fine! You win!” I muttered under my breath.

I looked around taking in my room, when I noticed it wasn’t my room.

“What the?” I whispered.

I went through my brain of what happened last night. Oh my God, Trace and I, me and Trace. No! NO! No, I can’t of done that, no. But I did, that’s why I was aching (which clearly was such a good thing) and why else would I be half naked in his bed, just wearing my underwear. But where was he? I looked to my left checking if there was a body asleep beside me, but there wasn’t.

I listened to see if I could hear him. I could hear a television, hopefully that was him and he was still home alone.

I grabbed the blanket and wrapped it firmly around me as I didn’t want to see him again with me being half naked, even though I'm sure he'd already seen more so.

I got up and walked towards the door, I noticed how much pain I was in. We'd clearly done things that my body wasn't used too, perhaps I should exercise more.This was all too much for me, I tutted. I made my way down the hall and stairs, passing our belongings on my way. ''Well, somebodies quite the cleaner,'' I thought to myself.

I held my breath and closed my eyes as I entered the sitting room hoping no one else would be there, which really, is a pathetic idea.

“Hi…” I heard Trace whisper. Thank God! It was only him and him alone. I opened my eyes and smiled at him.

He was sitting on the armchair. He was wearing a pair of red checker boxers and a t-shirt with a band I couldn’t make out. His hair was quite perfect and he was smiling.

I sat down on the sofa, holding onto the blanket and smiled back at him. It was kind of awkward knowing what we had done last night. Maybe he didn’t remember? Well how couldn’t he not remember, he most likely woke up naked and woke up next to me, who was half naked, and obviously when he went downstairs he most likely saw our clothes thrown about.

Maybe he thought nothing of it? Maybe he just decided we got naked for the fun of it. I hope he’s really dumb and thinks that we did just get naked for the fun of it, because that would make me happy. Very, very happy.

“About last night…” He started mumbling.

“A big mistake, never meant to happen, we were drunk, lets not mention it. Tell no one, our little dirty secret as no one else will ever know!” I smiled, I watched him get up and sit beside me.

He began to kiss me, so I kissed back. Quite unexpected? I didn’t even know why I was kissing him really. I was sure I was going to really regret this.

He started moving down to my neck and bit me gently, not hard enough to hurt me, but nice. I wanted him to do it again, but he moved back up to my lips. From the corner of my mouth I whispered “Trace, stop, please,” He did as he was told and stopped.

* * *

I started to doodle on a piece of paper. Bored out of my mind Dr. Matthews was babbling on about stuff I really didn’t care about. I guess I should care, since this was the career I wanted to do in my life, but I’d probably fail, I fail at most things, because I’m an idiot. Yep. Such a high opinion of myself.

I wanted to talk to Adam. I wanted to know what he did for his weekend. Usually he always would do something fun and would tell me about it. He was very adventurous and always ended up with a new woman each week, even though he was quite feminine. I guess girls liked that or he drugged them, or even maybe both? I don’t know, I should ask him some day, or ask to meet one of them. Just as I was getting lost in my thoughts, I felt someone tap my back. I ignored them, because it was probably people passing notes. But then they did it again.

I turned my head to see who was tapping my back. It was Adam, it was amazing how I’d just been thinking about him and now he was right there staring at me. I made a “hmm” noise and he smiled.

“I’m guessing you had fun this week, telling by your love bite? Ooh, who’s the lucky man? Or lady?” He whispered.

“What? I have a love bite? Are you serious? I hope Patrick doesn’t notice…” I gasped.

“Well, going to tell me?”

“Promise you wont tell anyone?”

“Promise.”

“Trace…”

“Really? Doesn’t he have a girlfriend? That’s amazing! Tell me more, did you sleep with him?

“No! Of course not!”

“Wow! You did sleep with him! Is he good?”

I wanted to stab him now, but luckily Dr. Matthews noticed he was babbling on, and asked him if everything was okay, and if he wanted to share it with the class, he said he had dropped his pen and was asking me to get it. How smooth of him,.