Making It.

Telling Them.

I duck behind a bush. Did they see me?

"It's not like him. He would have at least text messaged us if he was going somewhere. Where is he, Parker?!" Mena asks Parker, her voice half angry, half worried.

"I don't know, Mena!" Parker stops and looks down. They're stopped right in front of Derek's bush. "Ugh, I have to tie my shoe."

Parker, a tall boy, could have been my twin. We don't look much alike, but we dress alike our personalities were alike. We were brothers and completely convinced that we were separated at birth, but me being 3 weeks younger.

Mena was beautiful. She also had a punky/emo clothing style, but a Christian notheless. Her blue eyes almost in tears, frustrated because she didn't know where I was. There had always been some sort of conection between us. I don't know. Like, she really understands.

Parker was bent down to tie his Vans.

Then it came. The itch. The itch of the inside of the nose.

I tried my best to hold it in. Impossible.

ACHOO!

Parker and Mena stare at each other and tear open the bush.

"DEREK?!?" they yell in unison. I've been caught. "What are you doing?!" Mena asks.

"Shhh! You guys, I can't stay here! You probably don't understand now but there's absolutely no time at all. I have to get out of here!"

Mena cuts in, "No, Dereak, tell us! What the hech is going on? You completely disappeared in school and scared the crap out of us!"

"I can't explain now!

Parker speaks up, "Derek, c'mon! What's going on? Are you in trouble?!"

They had him and they weren't going to let go.

"I'm leaving! I can't stay here! They're coming!"

"Whose coming?!"

"They're going to take me to an orphange!"

"Derek, why would they take you to an orphange?! Wh-"

"MY PARENTS ARE DEAD!"

They stop tugging at me and everyone's still. Parker and Mena's face turn white and their eyes widen in confusion.

"Wha-what?" Parker asks.

I don't have time to answer.

I see it.

The cop car.

And it's too late to run now.