Here We Go Again

Chapter Three

Kyle returned half an hour later to an unlocked hotel room. Fearing the worst, he stowed his handgun in his jeans. Walking through the door, Kyle called for Hallie.

"Kyle help me!" Hallie screamed from the bathroom.

Kyle dropped the two hamburgers in his hands and rushed to the bathroom door. It was locked tight.

"Hallie, what's happening?"

"It's on fire! It's trying to burn me!" Hallie screamed from the other side of the wooden door.
Hallie started to pound on the door. Kyle stood back.

"Hallie, move away from the door!" Kyle yelled.

"I can't! It's coming closer Kyle!" She screamed and a loud hiss erupted.

"Can you get under the basin?" Kyle yelled through the door, remembering the layout of the bathroom.

"Yes," Hallie cried. "I'm under it. Please help me Kyle!"

Kyle kicked the door and came face to face with a fire in the shape of a human.

"ignis consisto!" Kyle yelled at the top of his lungs. The fire demon haulted then turned away before disappearing.

Hallie ran from the basin into Kyle's arms, shaking with sobs. Kyle, still holding onto her, guided her to the bed.

"Why is this all happening to me?" Hallie sobbed as Kyle gently rocked her shaking form.

"That's what I'm here to figure out Hallie."

"What do you mean?" Hallie asked, looking up at him with her tear stained face. Kyle sighed and wiped away a stray tear.

"We think you have a curse on you that attracts supernatural beings."

"We?"

"Some other hunters and I. We've been tracking a certain demon called Hasava. He has the power to bring death and destruction to the world in one single night. The only way to stop him is to kill him while he is possessing a person."

"But then won't that person die?"

"Yeah it's a bit of a catch 22." Kyle said nervously, hoping she wouldn't come to the right conclusion.

"Well, you attract powerful supernatural beings and..."

"You want him to posses me and then you're going to kill me?" Hallie yelled, standing up and staring fearfully at Kyle.

"Hallie, when you say it like that it sounds so horrible. Think of it as dying for the greater good." Kyle said.

"The greater good? Fuck the greater good! I want to live! You can't kill me, you're crazy!" Hallie started towards the door. Kyle jumped up and stood in her way.

"I can't let you go." Hallie stared at him in fear.

"You're seriously going to kill me?" Hallie whispered, barely audible to Kyle.

"Hallie, I wish there was another way."

"I'm 17 Kyle. I'm just starting life. I don't want to die!" Hallie yelled at Kyle, hot tears flowing down her cheeks again.

"Hallie, don't cry." Kyle made to wipe away her tears. Hallie pulled away from him.

"Keep away from me you sick bastard!" Hallie screamed at him.

"Don't be like that! I hate that it has to be this way Hallie, I really do. You're a beautiful young girl and I have to be the one to kill you!" Kyle yelled sounding rather upset. Hallie's tears had not stopped.

"I don't want to die Kyle." Hallie whispered.

"I'm sorry." Kyle whispered back. dropping to his knees, his head in his hands. Hallie sat on the floor opposite him and pulled her knees up to her chest. Hot, salty tears in a fresh flow running down her cheeks.

"If there was any other way, I swear, I would do it."

"Kyle, how does the demon enter the human body?"

"Through a wound in the skin, why?" Kyle said looking up.

"Through a wound? Well, why couldn't we use me to attract him and some other clueless fool to kill him?" Hallie offered hoping desperately for him to agree.

"That could work!" Kyle said jumping up and over to Hallie. "You're a genius!" He said hugging her tight and kissing her on the cheek. Then, as if realizing what he'd just done, he removed his arms from her and blushed.
"Sorry." Kyle said, nervously rubbing the back of his neck.

"It's OK Kyle." she said getting onto her knees and pulling him into a hug. She pecked him on the lips. Kyle looked surprised for a second before he smiled and put his hands either side of her face, pulling her in for a longer kiss.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry to leave it there.

Now, this story might be a bit more than the originally planned 4 chapters. But not by much.

If any of you are wondering 'ignis consisto' is 'Fire, Stop' in Latin.]

I love you all.
Bella
xx