Perfect in His Imperfection

Don't Go

“Because, when the sun shines we shine together, told you I’d be here forever.”

I twirled my way around the kitchen, grasping the various kitchen appliances I would need to make my famous pancakes, to the tune of ‘Umbrella’. It was early in the morning, the sun was creeping up to shine brightly in the sky for the start of another gorgeous day. I was already showered and dressed, and had decided to make breakfast for everyone, knowing that they would be grateful for it when I woke them in an hour. I usually woke my room mates up every morning because if I didn’t they would sleep all day and where’s the fun in that?
I measured out the amount of flour I would need and tipped it into the glass bowl I had uncovered from the depths of our pantry. I glanced up as I was tipping to see Gerard entering the kitchen, yawning and stretching in just his carelessly thrown on boxers and t-shirt.

He blinked once upon seeing me, a look of confusion coming over his face.

“F-Frankie?” He said through a yawn, rubbing a hand through his hair.

I looked up at him from my mixing bowl. “Morning,” I said to him and returned to my cooking, this time measuring out the right about of sugar.

“Morning,” he mumbled back, as I tipped in the sugar.

Now, what was next?I mused to myself, before pouncing on the eggs before me, cracking one open and putting it in a spare bowl. I grabbed a fork and started beating it, just so it was easier to mix later on.

I felt arms go around my waist and a head bury itself in my neck where soft kisses started being applied. I stiffened slightly at his actions, stopping my beating before remembering the night before. I should have realized Gerard would be slightly more affectionate this morning, but I had mistakenly thought that things would have been rather awkward between us.

Good morning,” Gerard said, his breath tickling my neck.

I was about to reply, when I heard something else. Something else coming through the CD player.

“Oh my God, I love this song,” I gasped, having not previously known the delights that Bob’s mix CD held. I dashed over to the CD player, turning up the volume so that it was considerably louder.

“My loneliness is killing me and I...”I begun singing, spinning my way back to the mixing bowl and adding in the chocolate chips, along with the remaining ingredients. Gerard looked surprised by my behavior, but shrugged it off and jumped on to the counter next to me.

“So Frankie,” he started, adding a grin, “What’s on the menu this morning?”

I shrugged. “I thought I would whip up some pancakes for everyone. Chocolate chip- it’s Bob’s favorite.”

I picked the bowl up off the counter and started mixing, twirling in time with the music and singing along softly.

Gerard laughed. “Good, mine too.”

“Really…” I said distantly, looking down at the mix, making sure it was perfect before looking up at Gerard properly. “Oh, you’ll like these then.”

Gerard nodded at me, the grin never leaving his face as I mixed the ingredients.

“Come here,” he said, a sweet, shy smile taking the place of his grin.

I looked up at him, not really understanding his request when I was standing a mere meter away from him. “Sorry?” I asked and looked down at my cooking. “Could use a little more milk…” I said, mostly to myself.

Gerard cleared his throat and repeated in a louder tone, “come here.”

I nodded to him, indicating I had heard him but made my way to the fridge. “Just a sec, I need some milk.”

I pulled the milk out and made my way back to the bowl, pouring enough in so that the mixture had the consistency I desired.

“Fraaank, please come here?” Gerard begged and pouted.

I sighed and made the few steps so that I was closer to him, bringing the mixing bowl along with me so I could continue stirring.

“What’s up?” I asked, confusion taking over my features.

“Well I…” Gerard started, looking up at me shyly through his lashes. “I just wanted to say I..I.”

“Oh, before I forget to ask, do you want a coffee?” I interrupted him, knowing I would forget to ask later. I walked over to the coffee machine, putting my bowl on the counter and starting making coffee.

“No, I don’t…” Gerard sighed and changed his mind. “Okay sure.”

I nodded at him and made him a coffee, just as L.O.V.E. came through the speakers. I grinned wildly.

“Oh man, I love this song!” I exclaimed, handing Gerard his mug and starting my weird dancing again. I scooped out some butter and put it in the hot pan, watching as it melted away.

All my girls, stand in a circle and clap your hands, this is for you!,” I sung along with Ashlee, pouring in a portion of the mixture.

“Frank!” Gerard semi-shouted over the volume of the music. I shot him a quick smile and returned back to looking at the pan, making sure the pancake formed a perfect circle. I leaned over and breathed in the scent, which was mostly just of the butter.

“Frank!” Gerard tried again, this time louder. I spun around on my heel and faced him.

“What?”

Gerard gave a sigh of relief at finally catching my attention, but looked a little frustrated.

“Could you- Could you turn the music down? It’s kind of hard to talk.”

I sighed. “After this song?” I pulled my best puppy dog eyes and Gerard reluctantly nodded. I smiled at him and flipped the half cooked pancake over with ease. I should be a chef or something. Ashlee soon ended and was replaced by Avril Lavigne.

“Oo I love this song, hey hey you you I don’t like your girlfriend.” I shook my finger at Gerard, doing actions to the song at the same time as singing it.

“Frankkk,” Gerard whined, now looking quite grumpy. I gave a dramatic sigh and stomped to the CD player, turning down its volume.

“Thank you,” he said. “I just wanted…look, what I wanted to say was…I want to let you know that I’m really… I really think-“

“Do you want to have a shower?” I suddenly asked him, noticing he was still sitting in his boxers and shirt and realizing I had been rude in not offering him one before hand.

Gerard looked a little bewildered. “What? No. No! Look, Frank…I just really….What I’m trying to say is I guess that-“

“Well, at least go and get dressed!” I told him, looking at the counter he was sitting on and questioning the sanitary of it. Surely it must be unhygienic to sit on a kitchen bench top in only your underwear.

“Are you even listening?” Gerard asked, looking annoyed.

I nodded and turned away to look at my pancake. “Oh shit, that looks a little burnt,” I said, getting it out and placing it on a plate. I turned back to Gerard and wrinkled my nose. “Are you sure you don’t want to shower?”

“Frank, yes!”

I cringed, now questioning his hygiene. “Do you want to borrow some clothes? Brandon is about the same size, I could get some of his for you.”

Gerard’s face now turned to one of confusion. “What? Why would you do that?”

I rolled my eyes. “Duh, so you don’t have to wear the same clothes as yesterday….or do you, uh, prefer not wearing much?”

Gerard raised an eyebrow and smirked at me. “Do you have a problem with that? Didn’t seem like it last night…”

Now it was my turn to be confused.

“Huh?”

Gerard’s smirk only grew now. “Don’t think I didn’t hear you last night,” he said with a laugh.

My eyes widen as I grasped what he was implying. “Excuse me!?”

Gerard grinned. “Oh, come on Frank. You were pretty loud.”

I felt my jaw drop now, completing my ‘shocked’ expression.

“What the fuck? Did you hear some moaning or some shit? Because that was not me, Brandon probably brought home some girl,” I rambled, completely scared of what he was thinking.

“Mm hm,” Gerard said, in a tone that told me he totally didn’t believe me.

I frowned. “What exactly did you hear?”

“You. Shh, Frankie.” Gerard placed a finger on my lips. “I thought it was kinda hot.”

I jumped away from him, leaning against the counter on the opposite side.

“What the fuck? Ew, no it wasn’t me!” I wrinkled my nose and shuddered. “Why the fuck would I be doing that with you in the next room, dipshit?”

Gerard looked annoyed now. “Look, Frank, you can drop the act. I told you, I don’t mind.”

“Well I do mind, because it wasn’t fucking me! I wasn’t even “in the mood” when I went to bed!” I exclaimed, including air quotations.

“Oh shut the fuck up Frank,” Gerard snapped, glaring at me.

My mouth dropped opened wide, hardly believing he was speaking to me that way.

“At least I’m not “in the mood”,” he imitated my air quotes, “one moment and fucking ignoring people the next.”

I glared at him. “Uhh, newsflash Gerard, I was never “in the mood” in the first place, otherwise then maybe I would have been…doing what you think I was doing and who the fuck am I supposedly ignoring!?”

Gerard gave me a disbelieving look. “Are you fucking serious?” He looked at me one more time and yelled, “ME! And you were.”

I ignored the ‘you were’ part and focused on how he thought I was supposedly ignoring him.
“YOU! How am I ignoring you?” I posed to him,” I was with you last night and I’m fucking with you right now!”

“I mean, one minute your in my fucking lap, hands all over me and the next your like singing to fucking Hannah Montana.” Gerard sighed angrily. “Being physically with someone isn’t the same as being mentally with them.”

I placed my hands on my hips and glared at him angrily. “In case you didn’t notice, I am trying to make you breakfast. I am not ignoring you. I am standing here, talking to you and just because my hands aren’t running all over your body you think I’m ignoring you?”
Gerard’s eyes flashed angrily. “You don’t even get it, its NOT about that!”

I threw my arms up in the air. “It’s not about that!? Well what the fuck are you whinging about then, because I totally don’t get it!’

“Just fuck off Frank,” Gerard snarled and stomped out into the living room. “I’m outta here.”
Shit.

“Gerard! Why are you leaving?” I yelled to the lounge, scratching my head in confusion.

“What a girl,” I muttered to myself before dragging my ass out into the lounge to see Gerard, who was grabbing his coat off the couch.

“God Frank, I can’t even believe you sometimes,” he said angrily, turning to face me.

I sighed. “Gerard, I am seriously lost here. What the fuck have I done?” I asked him slowly.

Gerard just shook his head. “You just…you don’t even,” he sighed. “Whatever.” He spun around, making his way for the door. I had no idea what had gotten him so angry, all I knew was that I had to fix it.

“Gerarrdd,” I called out in a sing song voice.

“Don’t go,” I said softly, accompanied by puppy dog eyes and a pout.

Gerard turned around, his frown softening slightly upon seeing my expression.

“Why shouldn’t I?” Gerard muttered grimly.

“Because I want you to stay,” I told him softly, walking over to him and standing directly in front of him.

Gerard said nothing, and instead turned his head away, looking out into the distance.

“Gerarrrd,” I whispered, placing a hand on his cheek and turning his head back to look at me. I smiled, leaning slowly up towards him. Gerard’s eyes looked conflicted, as if he was struggling to stay mad at me. I left my lips only inches from his, looking deep into his eyes and smiling at the same time. Gerard tentatively reached out and stroked my face, letting me know he wasn’t going anywhere. I placed my lips upon his, kissing him just softly and placing my hands on his hips to draw him closer. I pulled away after a moment and smiled at him, knowing all was forgiven.

“Come on, let’s go wake the crack whores,” I said to him, referring to my roommates and turning to leave.

“Wait!” I turned around again upon Gerard’s request and cocked my head at him.

“I don’t want to go,” he complained, pulling me closer to his body and kissing me once more. I let him kiss me for as long as he wanted this time, knowing that he needed it and that he would probably walk if I denied him.

“So, don’t go.”

Gerard grinned. “No, I don’t want to go and wake them up.” He moved his head back to my neck, applying small kisses and occasionally sucking.

“Why’s that?” I asked, wrapping my arms around the man who was attacking my neck.

Gerard pulled away, leaving a patch of warm saliva where his mouth had been.

He laughed sweetly. “Cause I want to stay here,” he told me, resuming nuzzling my neck. He applied small kisses and worked his way up to my jaw line. I moved my head to meet his lips once more, which he started kissing instantly, winding his long fingers into my hair.

I pulled away once more, this time holding out my hand for him to take.

“Come. We can’t let them starve.”