Knives

The baby

On a cold winter night in 1949, when the snow was falling and everything was covered in a veil of solitude and for some, regret, Jane was having her child in the warmth of her and Jon's new home that they had bought the year before. It was a nice cozy place that had a English style garden, a triangle shaped fish pond and a beautiful walk way that had wisteria growing on it like a shroud. Jane was inside the house, laying on her bed as Jon stood over her telling her that it would be ok. As the baby was coming out, Jane was going through pain never felt in her life time that could ever be described. The white satin sheets where stained blood red, the pillows where drenched in sweat. As the child finally came out Jane gave a sigh of relief, and for the first time in her 30 year old life, finally said something.
"What a beautiful child"
As Jane said this, Jon felt a wave a pleasure and happiness sing over his body like like whispers of smoke that one can feel in the atmosphere but can't see. Jon started to cry because his wife spoke and because his child was just born. Jon looked at his baby girls big blue eyes and felt love, Jane looked at Jon and saw a man with love in his heart and not hate like her father, when all of a sudden.
Jon said good night to the baby that they decided to name Betty, and he put his hand over Betty's mouth. The child struggled for a minuted and then stopped moving and went limp. Jane was abashed at what she saw. Jon just killed their baby, that bastard.