Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

A Night of Firsts

"Claire!" Joe called through my door, opening it slightly. "Are you awake?"
"Yes, no thanks to you," I replied, rubbing my eyes, willing myself to wake up properly.
"Sorry, but it is almost 11," he said.
"And I like to sleep in until 11."
"Sorry," he repeated, and came to sit by me on my bed. "Listen, I want to ask you something."
"Shoot," I said, leaning into him.
"Do you want to go out tonight?"
"Like a date?" I asked
"Yeah, our first date."
"I'd love to." I smiled at Joe, and he mirrored my expression. "Where are we going?" I asked.
"Well, there's this little Italian place that's just opened up. I though we could see what it's like. Then go and see the movie Charlie St Cloud, I know you've been wanting to see it ever since you heard about it. Also maybe a midnight walk on the beach," he explained.
I just stared at Joe, trying to figure him out. "How... how did you know?" Joe waited for me to continue. "That's my dream date, but I know I've never told you that. The only people I've told are..." I then realised how he knew. "Aliyah and Tahlia."
"Yeah, I talked to Aliyah, she told me."
I jumped on Joe, getting more excited by the minute. "Thank you, thank you, thank you. I love you!" I said, but became quiet very quickly. I hadn't meant to say that, I mean, I'd been thinking I did for a few days not, but I'd wanted him to say it first.
Thankfully, he just shook it off, took it for one of my typical reactions. I was relieved. "You sound just a little excited," Joe laughed.
"Yeah, only a little."
"I've booked us in for seven o'clock. Is that okay? Have I given you enough time to get ready?" he said with a teasing tone.
"That's perfect." We both leaned back on the bed, watching the TV that was in my room. I don't think either of us were that focused though. I couldn't stop thinking about how I'd said I love you, and how much I wished he'd say it back. And then maybe, hopefully, kiss me... No, I couldn't be thinking that. It would be his decision, I just need to be patient. No use in getting ahead of myself.

That Night

"Claire, are you ready?" Joe called through my bedroom door. I quickly put my shoes on, and opened the door to reveal Joe. "Wow, you look gorgeous," Joe said.
"Thanks." I was wearing a dress I'd bought a couple of days before when Aliyah and I had gone shopping together. "Are we leaving now?" I asked
"Yeah, let's go." Joe grabbed my hand, leading me to the car waiting. We went to dinner at the new restaurant he found, and then headed off to see Charlie St Cloud.
I always new I would get teary during the movie, so it was no surprise when it occured. "Are you okay?" Joe asked me halfway through. I just nodded. He reached his arm around me, pulling me close to him. I leaned on his shoulder and kept watching the movie, sobbing every now and then.
Walking out of the theatre, we ran into a few Jonas Brothers fans. Giving a few autographs, and taking a couple of photos, Joe tried his best to get us out of there quickly. As we got into the car, flashes went off, revealing the paparazzi that were waiting for us. Joe assured me that they wouldn't have for a clear picture. He didn't want the paparazzi to know me, not yet anyway.
We kept driving, and pulled up in the car park of the closest, and only beach in the area. Regardless of that fact, it was still beautiful. "Wait here," Joe said. I did as he told me, and waited. A few seconds later he appeared at my door, and helped me out of the car.
"And they say chivalry is dead."
"I'm trying to bring it back." I smiled as Joe lead me down to the waters edge. Carrying my shoes, I dipped my toes in. Back in Australia, I would've already hit the beach at least once, and I'd been missing it. But I didn't expect the water to be so cold. "You're in America now. Or did you forget that Claire?" Joe laughed when he saw my reaction.
"No no, I remembered." We continued walking, until I decided to splash Joe. He tried to splash me back, but I ran down the beach before he could. He caught me though, I'd never been very fast. Pulling me towards the water, he got his revenge, making us both as wet as each other. We stumbled back up the beach and laid on the sand, staring at the stars. We were both silent, until Joe sat up suddenly and pulled his phone out of his pocket.
"Everything okay Joe?" I asked.
"It's midnight," was all he said.
"And what happens at midnight?" He was being mysterious, and it was starting to confuse me, but excite me at the same time.
"This." Putting his phone down, he put his hand on the side of my face, and lent in. I knew what was happening and followed his lead. Our lips met; his felt soft on mine. I put my arms around his neck, and he began to run his fingers through my hair. Slowly, but too soon, he pulled away, all the while smiling at me. I lent on his chest, and he supported us as we watched the waves roll in, and crash on the shore. "Claire..." he whispered.
"Yeah?"
"I love you."
"I love you too."
♠ ♠ ♠
woohoo new chapter. i got my first kiss!!! how i wish that would happen in real life, not necessarily with joe but....
ok, so i'm gonna apologise in advance for the lack of updates. so so so sorry, but i'm in year 12 now, and school is kicking my butt, and i'm only in week 4. so there probly won't be many updates. but i promise i will try and update as often as i can, and you'll just have to bear with me. i hope you love me enough, haha
thanks for reading. comments are always appreciated
Claire xx