Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

Emi

I woke up to my phone ringing once again. Ever since those pictures were posted on gossip sites all over the world, and in particular Australia, my phone seemed to be ringing every morning. I was surprised that I hadn't gotten used to it yet, after all, it had been almost two weeks.
I still hadn't talked to anyone, except Tahlia, and didn't plan to, but I decided to check caller id. Aidan. He hadn't tried to call me before, and I realised I actually wanted to talk to him.
"Hello." My voice was still croaky, after just waking up. I reached for my water and took a sip.
"Sorry, were you asleep?" His familiar voice asked, laced with worry and something else I couldn't pick. "Sorry, I'm not used to the time difference."
"It's ok. What's been happening your side of the world?"
"You aren't going to like what I have to say."
"What Aidan? Mum and Dad are annoyed that I haven't been answering any of their calls? My face is plastered all over every gossip site and show? Emi doesn't even bother coming home anymore? Tell me something I don't know dude."
"You have no idea how close you are with one of those." It was then I realised what the other emotion was, and I could've kicked myself for not realising. Sadness.
"Aidan, what's wrong? What happened?"
"It's Emi... She... She's dead."
"What? No, she can't be. How? I don't understand. She can't be dead Aidan, she just... NO!"
"Claire, I'm sorry. But it's true. She overdosed on some pill she was taking. I don't know what to tell you. I am so so sorry."
"Aidan, I have to go."
"Claire, wait..." I hung up on him, and let the tears fall. My little sister was dead. No, I refuse to believe it. She can't be.
"NOOOOOOO!!" I screamed, and threw my pillow against the wall, tears streaming down my face.
I heard three sets of footsteps running into my room. Through blurry eyes, I could see the silhouettes of Joe, Nick and Denise standing there, before Joe ran forward, embracing my in his arms. I just cried and cried, I couldn't say anything.
"Claire?" Nick said, a questioning tone in his voice. He had made his way to my bed, and currently rested his hand on my shoulder. I noticed Denise had already left the room. I just shook my head, silently telling them that I couldn't say it. "Claire, what's wrong? You're really scaring me."
My phone started to ring at that point, telling me I had a message. Joe grabbed the phone before I could. "Claire, please call me back..." he read, "we need to talk, you can't just forget about this like everything else. Aidan." Joe looked at Nick, and I stared at both of them, wondering what they were going to do. "Nick, can you leave, I need to talk to Claire."
"I'm not going anywhere. Stop thinking you are the only one who cares." Joe just glared at Nick.
"Joe, baby, let him stay." Both the boys looked shocked that I'd finally found my voice, obviously they didn't expect it.
"Claire, what happened? What did your brother tell you? Because I swear, if he was the reason you were crying, I'm gonna kill him." After Joe finished talking, I just burst into tears again. His final words hit too close to home at that moment. "Woah, no, shh, it's okay?" He tried to pull me into a hug again, but I pushed him away.
"No, it's not," I sobbed. "It's Emi, she's dead." As I said the words, they finally became true. Before bursting into tears again, I managed to get out one last sentence. "Could you both please leave. I just need to be along for a while."
Nick nodded and began walking towards the door. Before Joe left, however, he lent over and kissed me. "Call me if you need anything. I love you."
"I love you too," I whispered as he walked out the door, closing it behind him.

A couple of days later

I hadn't left my room since I found out. Each of the Jonas' had come in at least once, making sure I was okay, and Joe, Denise and Nick had tried to get me to eat. I couldn't though, I couldn't do anything.
I was so tired, but I didn't want to go to sleep. The dreams the night brought were worse than reality. The memories were sometimes just as bad.

A few more days later

Why couldn't they just understand? I don't want to talk to anyone. I don't want to see anyone. Yet they still insist on coming in every hour or so, just checking on me. I'm fine. I'll be okay.
It's been over week since I found out Emi died. Although, it's almost been two weeks since she was actually found dead in her bedroom. Aidan had texted me the details, how he was the one who found her, and the empty pill bottle on her bedroom desk.
Her funeral was yesterday. In a way, I'm glad I wasn't there. I don't think I could've handled it yet.
"Claire..." I heard a voice at the door.
"What?!?" I yelled back, angry that they wouldn't give up.
"It's me, Alliyah. Can I come in?" As soon as I realised it was her, I quickly said yes. She opened the door, and closed it quietly, before turning to face me. Her face was full of worry. "Oh sweetie," she said, coming over to join me on the bed, and pulling me into a hug. I began to cry again, tears soaking through her wet shirt. She sat there like only a true friend would, and let me cry. When I finally stopped, she spoke again.
"Are you okay?" she paused. "Oh right, stupid question." I just nodded. "The boys explained what happened, or at least, what they knew, which I was surprised to find wasn't much. Listen Claire, you know you can tell me anything. Do you wanna talk?"
"I... I... I don't know. It's just weird to think that she's actually gone. Like I knew she was screwed up, but I didn't think she was so screwed up that she'd kill herself."
"I thought she just took some drugs, and that's what killed her," Aliyah said.
"That's what I thought too. But Aidan said he found the empty pill bottle on her desk in her room. She killed herself, why would she do that?" Tears began to form, but I blinked them away. It was the question I'd been asking myself all week, no point in getting upset over it... again.
"I don't know Claire, I just don't know. I wish I could say something more, but... I'm just so sorry." She reached over to give me another hug, and I gladly accepted. I was glad she was here. "Um here, Joe asked me to give this to you, he said it came for you the other day.
I looked at the enveloped letter she just gave me. "It's Emi's handwriting..."
"Do you want me to leave?"
"No stay." I grabbed Aliyah's arm, forcing her to sit back down. I opened the envelope and pulled the letter out. My gosh, what an essay, I don't think I'd ever seen Emi write that much.
I began to read it out loud...
♠ ♠ ♠
What does the letter say? I know you want to know
Well, I'm gonna be an evil person and leave you in suspense for a little while
Thanks once again for reading, love you all
Claire xx