Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

I'll Be Okay

I finished reading the letter, and looked at Aliyah. Tears were streaming down my face again but I didn't care. I was the reason Emi was dead.
“I know what you're thinking. Don't even go there,” Aliyah said forcefully.
“But she said... it's...”
“It's not your fault, no matter what you say, or what Emi said, or what anyone else said. You did not kill your sister, she was the one who wanted it over. She even said in the letter that your parents are fighting, and that she broke up with her boyfriend. She was miserable, and that's definitely not your fault.” I wasn't convinced, but she did have a point.
“But maybe, if I had answered her calls, I would've been able to talk her out of it.”
“Claire, you can't keep saying if. If didn't happen, and even though we wish we could change it, we can't. Listen to me, I'm telling you that you are not the reason she killed herself. Please just stop blaming yourself.”
I was silent for a while, thinking about what Aliyah had said. She was right, it wasn't my fault. But I couldn't help myself, there was that little part of my that insisted I was to blame.
“Now, I don't mean to be a pain. But Joe and Nick are extremely worried. I think you should talk to them, or at least acknowledge them,” Aliyah explained, but quickly continued. “Of course, if you don't want to just yet, then you don't have to.”
I nodded, and said, “Maybe in a little while. But I'll tell you what, I am kinda hungry at the moment.”
“Food, ok, let's go raid the kitchen.” Aliyah jumped up, and grabbed my hand before I could back out. With a quick stop in the bathroom so I could check my appearance, which for the record was horrible, we made our way to the kitchen. While she checked the fridge, I checked the pantry.
“Claire...” I heard a voice from behind me. I turned around, and looked into the almost unrecognisable face of my boyfriend.
“Hey Joe,” I said.
“Oh my gosh Claire. You're alright.” He quickly came to my side, and engulfed me in a gentle hug. “I've been so worried, are you okay?”
“What do you think? I just found out my sister died, and I was one of the reasons for it. I'm not doing all that great. But I'll be fine.”
“I really missed you,” he said, reaching over to give me another hug.
“Me too. I love you Joe.”
“I love you too.”
“CLAIRE!!!” I heard Nick scream as he came running down the stairs, before charging into me. “You're alive, you're okay, you're not zombie-like anymore. Although, I don't like the new look, definitely not you.”
“Okay, I'll keep that in mind,” I laughed
“Well, it's just one big, not-so-happy reunion. I'll leave you all to it.”
“No way. You are staying right here Miss Aliyah,” Joe demanded, causing the rest of us to laugh. Aliyah began to protest, but Joe shushed her. I stood by Joe, leaning into his grasp, but also nodded at Aliyah, willing her to stay for a while.
We all went into the living room, arm's filled with food and drinks, and sat on the couches. “So, what have I missed?” I asked.
“Uh-uh, you aren't getting out of it easily. Tell us the truth, are you okay?” Nick asked.
“No Nick, I'm not. But seriously you guys, I'll be fine eventually. I know I will be.”
“What did you mean before? Like when you said you were one of the reasons,” Joe asked.
“Oh... I... um...” I knew I could tell them, but I didn't want to, just yet. Thankfully, Aliyah picked up on it.
“Just that she wasn't there when her sister needed her the most.” Both the boys turned to look at Aliyah, before shifting their attention back to me.
“Claire, you can't blame yourself.”
“I know, that's what Aliyah said. And I don't,” I said to them, and to myself. “Do you guys mind if I go back to my room for a while. I'm really tired.”
“Of course, we'll talk to you later,” Nick replied.
“I'll come with you,” Joe said. I was hoping he would, I wanted to be alone with him. I hadn't noticed before, but he looked just as horrible as I did. I couldn't help but wonder what he'd been through this past week. We got to my room, and the question came again. “Are you sure you're okay? Because we are away from everyone else now, so you can tell me whatever you want.”
“Joe listen, I wasn't lying before. I'm not the best at the moment, but I'll be fine.” He looked satisfied. “Now, how are you doing?”
“What, me? I'm great. I just haven't stopped thinking about you.”
“I can tell.”
“What's that supposed to mean?” he laughed. I just shrugged. As we sat staring at each other, Joe started to lean forward, so I followed his lead. Our lips met, his gentle on mine, as always. When we pulled away, I smiled. “I've missed that,” Joe said.
“Me too,” I replied.

The Next Day

I slept in the next morning, and woke up to the sound of music. Making my way to the recording studio, where I knew the boys would be, I tried to recognise the music they were playing. It all sounded new though.
Entering the room, I listened quietly. The lyrics sounded like Joe's, which made me focus even more. They sounded amazing.
The song finished, and Kevin and Nick waved at me as Joe came over. “What did you think?” he asked.
“You guys were great. And I loved the song. Yours?” Joe nodded. “That's what I thought.”
“You were the inspiration.”
“What?” I began to smile like I did everytime he did something amazing and sweet.
“I said, you were the inspiration. In fact, pretty sure you were the inspiration for a few of the songs.” When I didn't say anything, Joe continued. “What? You didn't think I would write things about you.” I still didn't speak, just shrugged. “You're hilarious sometimes. Come on, wanna keep listening?”
“Yeah.” I took Joe's hand as he lead me to the little couch they had sitting at the back of the room. As I sat down, he kissed my hand. “Smooth, Jonas.”
“Thank you,” he replied as he went back to the microphone. “Claire, this one's for you!” he said, true rockstar style, before the three of them broke into song. They played for hours, perfecting each song. I sat there, clapping after each one, and cheering like some crazed fan. And during each song, Joe would look at me, melting me with his gaze. I loved him.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys, new chapter, finally. So sorry about the wait
I thought I was going to write a lot in the holidays, but I ended up writing less. I know, weird, right?
Anyways, hope you enjoy it. And thanks for sticking with me.
Claire xx