Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

It's a Party, Just Keep Quiet

Joe and Demi ushered us out of the door and into the limousine that was waiting. I'll admit, I thought it was a little over the top, but what could I do. Joe said he wanted to make this night perfect and memorable, so I didn't really mind.
We arrived at the destination. I could hear music full blast from inside the limo, and knew this night would be huge. Walking in, I couldn't even hear myself think.
"Claire!" Aliyah ran at me, dragging me onto the dancefloor. "Happy Birthday!"
"Did you know about this?" I yelled. She shook her head. I just looked to were Joe was watching us, and became amazed. How could I think he and Demi were doing anything? I felt stupid. We were joined by Selena, and knowing that Aliyah now wouldn't be left alone, I yelled "I'll be right back!"
I walked over to Joe, who started to smile as I approached. "What do you think?" he asked. In answer, I kissed him. I grabbed his hand, and pulled him to the dancefloor. "Oh no... no... you know I don't dance."
"Oh, as if you don't Jonas," I laughed. He just laughed with me. We danced a couple of songs, before Nick and Demi joined us. "Come on Joe. I want to dance with the birthday girl too," he said. Nick grabbed my hand, and pulled me towards him.
"Nick..." I whispered, worry evident in my tiny voice.
"Claire, I just want to dance with my best friend. Nothing else, okay?" When he smiled, I knew he was telling the truth. "So are we going to have some fun?"
"Hell yes!" I replied, stupidly I soon realised, as Nick danced into the middle of the floor, dragging me with him and spinning me around. "Woah Nick! Watch it. You may be able to dance, but I'm still a clutz."
Pulling me close, he whispered in my ear, "I'd never let you fall." Okay, a bit cute, but I didn't think anything of it, until he continued. "I'd never let anything bad happen to you." With that, I stared at him, not sure how to respond. I was getting uncomfortable, and wanted to be back with Joe, but Nick wouldn't let me go. As if on cue, Joe and Demi joined us again, with Joe demanding I dance with him.
I couldn't get out of Nick's grip fast enough that I stepped on Joe's toes, and he almost tripped. Laughing, he picked me up and spun me around. "Miss me?" he asked as he placed me firmly on the ground. A slow song started. I nodded, and rested my head against his chest. "Happy Birthday Claire Alyce, I love you," he whispered.
"I love you too Danger."

Later that night

I was sitting at a table with Selena and Aliyah, talking and laughing. Taylor and Nick approached the table. "You girls have been sitting here for almost an hour. What are you talking about that is so interesting?" Nick asked, while Taylor gave Aliyah a quick kiss. A pang of jealousy shot through me, as I realised Joe hadn't kissed me since we got here. I'd kissed him, but that barely counted.
"Oh nothing," Selena replied. Nick eyed her curiously, but dropped the subject.
"Well in that case," Taylor said, "Can I have this dance Aliyah?" He took her hand and led her to the dancefloor. Selena grabbed me and Nick and dragged us that way too. We reached the dancefloor just as a Turn Right, my song, started. Selena and Nick started to dance with each other. I looked around for Joe, wondering where he was. When I finally spotted him, I couldn't handle the sight I saw. Running quickly, I headed towards the bathroom. I entered a stall and locked the door.
"Claire, are you alright?" I heard two sets of footsteps enter the room, and recognised the voice as Selena's.
"I'm fine," I lied, trying to sound confident.
"No you're not. I know you well enough to know when you are crying." Aliyah's voice echoed through the bathroom. "Claire... please come out." I slowly opened the door, and met two concerned faces. Tears were streaming down my face.
"Claire, what's wrong?"
"Joe..."
"What about Joe?"
"I just... I feel like he has barely spent any time with me tonight. I know, I'm being silly."
"No, no, you're not. It's your birthday, you deserve to have his attention," Aliyah said.
"But he did organise this whole thing. Maybe he's just been busy making sure everything runs smoothly," Selena reasoned.
"Maybe. But that doesn't explain what I just saw." Selena and Aliyah just waited in silence. "He was out there dancing... to Turn Right... with Demi."
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi all,
So I have no idea who, if anyone, still reads this or wants to read this, but I'm back!!!
I am really sorry, I know it has been two or three years since my last update. It wasn't because I lost interest in writing, or the Jonas Brothers for that matter. Various things were happening in my life, and I was not able to find the time to continue with any of my writing (trust me, I've missed it). There may be a story coming soon based on some of these events, keep an eye out on my profile for this if you are interested.
Anyways, I'm back, and I'm writing more than ever. Like I said, I don't know if anyone stills reads this, and I know the Jonas Brothers aren't actually together anymore, so some of the ideas aren't really relevant, but I had this story all planned, as well as a couple of sequels, and I want to finish them. I hate to leave stories unfinished. So if you are reading, enjoy, and please leave me some love in comments.
Thanks, Claire