Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

I Have To Go

"Claire, you've been getting ready for almost an hour! Are you coming?" Joe yelled from the living room. It had been two weeks since the party, and while Joe and I had spent almost the whole time together, I still felt like something was different. Like something was missing. I couldn't get that image of Joe and Demi dancing out of my head. I walked slowly into the room, wearing a comfortable yet trendy outfit, because I wasn't in the mood to dress up completely. "No dress tonight?" I shook my head. Joe walked over to me and gave me a kiss. "You still look gorgeous."
"Where are we going tonight?" I asked.
"It's a surprise."
"Really Joe, you aren't going to say?"
"Nope, you'll just have to wait and see." He flashed that cheeky Jonas smile at me. Linking his arm in mine, he led me out the door, and into his car. I turned the radio on as soon as the car was on. I didn't want to sit in silence, but I didn't want to talk either. So radio was my only option. Turn Right started playing. I couldn't bear to listen to it, so I turned it off again.
Joe glanced at me questioningly, and then turned his eyes back to the road. Before he had the chance to say anything, I asked "What's Demi doing tonight?"
"I don't know. Haven't spoken to her since your birthday," Joe replied. I smiled a little to myself, maybe I was imagining things. I still had hope.
We pulled up in front of a pizzeria. Joe definitely knew me too well. "Gentle," he said. We'd started using my last name instead of his a little while ago. It just meant staff didn't expect one of the Jonas Brothers to show up. The waiter showed us to our table, and we ordered some drinks.
"I'll be back. If the waiter comes back, just order whatever pizza you want. I don't mind what you pick," Joe said.
"Okay," I replied as he walked towards the bathroom. While waiting for either Joe or the waiter to return, I heard something vibrating. Joe had left his phone on his chair. "Hello," I answered.
"Oh Claire. Hi. It's Demi. I was... um... I was actually looking for Joe. Is he... um... is he there?" Why was Demi so nervous?
"Yeah, he's just gone into the bathroom. Do you want me to tell him anything?"
"Yeah, just let him know that I thought about what happened on Thursday, and I need to talk to him about it."
"Um, yeah... sure." I was so confused. Thursday... but Joe said he hadn't talked to Demi for two weeks.
"Bye Claire."
"Bye Demi." I hung up the phone. Something happened on Thursday. Both Joe and Demi know about it. Joe didn't tell me, in fact Joe lied directly to my face. I put his phone back on the table where he would see it. I grabbed my purse just as the waiter returned with our drinks.
"Are you ready to order Miss?"
"Actually, I have to go. Can you tell the man I was with that I got sick, and went home?" I asked, but didn't wait for a response. I didn't look back until I was outside, about to climb into a taxi. The waiter was talking to Joe, passing on my message. As I closed the door, I saw Joe look frantically outside. "Airport please," I told the taxi driver, and got my phone out to call Nick.
"Claire, why are you calling? Aren't you with Joe?" he asked.
"I was... I can't explain. Listen, I need a favour," I told him.
"Sure, what's up?"
"Can you pack a suitcase for me?" I asked, trying to stay calm.
"With what?"
"Everything. And bring it to the airport. I'll meet you there. And Nick, please hurry."

A day later

I rang the doorbell of the only person I knew I could talk to. It was early morning, so I knew I would probably wake her. I just hoped her parents wouldn't wake up too, and answer the door.
"Hold on," I heard her yell, and I breathed a sigh of relief. She answered the door, eyes still half closed, and clearly still asleep. "Yeah?"
"Hi Tahlia..." My voice shocked her, causing her eyes to dart upwards.
"Claire... what? What are you doing here?"
♠ ♠ ♠
Hi again,
Thought I'd upload the FINAL chapter of the story. I know exciting.
There will be a sequel coming, I'm sure I will start posting chapters for that in the next week or so.
What do you think will happen in the sequel? I'd love to hear your ideas... I might even incorporate some of them, if I like them enough.
Thanks for reading,
Claire