Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

I'm the Bad Girl Now

My bag was in the corner, packed and ready to be chucked in the boot of my car, early the next morning. Joe had invited me to stay with him for a week in Sydney, but my parents were yet to find out.
Pulling back the covers to get some sleep, my peaceful plans were ruined. "CLAIRE!" my mum called, "your sister still isn't home, where the hell is she?"
"How should I know?" Truthfully, I did, since listening into her conversations wasn't hard, when a sliding door was all that separated our rooms.
"Because you always do. I need you to go find her!"
"Go do it yourself mum!"
"Claire, move it. NOW!" As soon as Dad started yelling, I knew I had to go. Grabbing my coat, and packed bag from the floor, I decided I would find her, drive her home, where she would stay for a total of five minutes, and then sleep in my car somewhere.
"What's this?" mum asked, reaching for the bag.
Luckily, I had my excuse ready. "Mum, who knows what state Emi is in, gotta be prepared," I smiled innocently, quickly walking past, heading straight for my brother, Aidan's room.
"Hey, I'm leaving to find Emi. I need you to do something for me," I told him. He just ignored me, too engrossed in his laptop. "Dude, I'm serious!"
"What?!?" he said rudely.
"Give this to mum and dad tomorrow morning. And I swear, if you open it, or they see it before then, I will kill you," I said, my typical threat having no effect.
"Sure, whatever." He held his hand out, not once looking at me. I handed the note I'd written to him, and turned to leave the room. "Claire..."
"Yeah..."
"That bag isn't for Emi, is it?" he said quietly. Even though we hardly ever got on, Aidan and I did care about each other. I shook my head, and waited for him to speak.
"Have fun," he smiled
"Thanks, I will."
"Do I get updates?"
"Maybe, we'll see," I said, leaving the room. I walked out the front door, and before closing it, screamed out a goodbye.

* * *

I parked the car in town, and entered the club I'd heard Emi talking about before. I couldn't see anyone, it was the time of night when everything was kept dark, trying to create an atmosphere. Too bad the only atmosphere I could feel or smell was one of alcohol, and vomit. Ugh.
Walking through the crowd, one girl came charging at me. "Claire," he voice came out slurred. "Come to partayy."
"More like stop one." I grabbed Emi's shoulders and tried to drag her through the door.
"Orr Claire, not again. Just let me finish my drink." She lifted the glass to her lips, and I smacked it away, the glass smashing on the ground. "WHAT WAS THAT FOR?!?" she screamed.
"Your own good. Walk." I pushed her out the door, smiling at the guard as we went. Moving around the corner, I stared at her.
"I know, I know. Time to throw up."
"Trust me, you aren't gonna want to do it at home. Mum and Dad are going to be furious as it is."
"I'm the bad girl."
"Apparently not the only one. Now go," I said, pushing her to the ground. Turning around, I could hear her gagging, and then spewing, a sound I'd become accustomed to.
"Finished?"
"Uh-huh," she said, glaring at me.
"Alright, get in the car." We drove home in silence, both of us just as mad as the other. I thought back to a few years ago, before Emi started dating losers, had her first drink, and got introduced to the world. We were friends, why didn't we stay like that? I pulled up in front of the house, and waited for her to get out.
"Well, aren't you coming?" she asked
"Nope, you're on your own."
Emi looked around the car, and spotted my bag on the backseat. She stared at me, shocked and speechless. Too bad it didn't stay that way. "DAMN YOU!" she slammed the door and stormed up the stairs. I pulled out from the curb, speeding down the road, away from home that was about to become hell.
Driving towards Sydney, I began to get excited. I was a few hours away from meeting Joe Jonas. Nothing was going to ruin this week.

* * *

The ringing of my phone woke me up the next morning. I sat up and groaned, rubbing my neck as I reached for my phone.
"Hello," I answered grumpily
"CLAIRE, WHERE THE HELL ARE YOU??" My dad's angry voice boomed through the ear piece.
"On the side of the road somewhere. Got a problem with that?" I knew this would be the reaction I received when I left last night.
"As a matter of fact, I do. Your sister walked in the door last night and said you were going somewhere else. Then Aidan gives us a note saying you are staying in Sydney for a week. We need more details than that. Who are you with? What are you doing in Sydney?" Dad yelled on the other end, not even pausing to take a breath.
"Dad stop. I don't have to give you anymore details than what I did. I'm eighteen now, and my own person. So just chill out, I'll be home... sometime. Oh, and I'm with Joe Jonas," I said, knowing he'd never believe me, but get angry none the less.
"What?! That's it, I want you to come home right now." he continued to yell, and I could almost see the redness of his face.
"Dad I have to go. I'll try and call later, but I'm not promising. Say hi to everyone," I said, wanting to finish this conversation.
"Claire, I'm not finished, don't you dare..." I hung up on him, and threw my phone onto the passenger seat. Did they want to control me for the rest of my life? A few seconds later, the familiar ringtone of Happy the Hard Way by Every Avenue started again.
"WHAT?!?" I screamed
"Wow, that was scary. I thought you would've been as excited as ever today. What's wrong?" A voice I knew all too well said.
"Joe, I'm so sorry. I didn't mean to yell at you. It's nothing, really, don't worry."
"Parents?" he asked
"Yeah."
"Okay, moving on. Where are you?"
"About half an hour from Darling Harbour. Do you know where that is?" I asked
"Yes Claire, in fact, that was where I was wanting to meet you."
"Meet... right... us... at Darling Harbour." I stuttered
"That's what I expected. Are you nervous?"
"Pfft no. As if Jonas. I'll see you at the Harbour."
"See you there." We both hung up, and I quickly pulled onto the highway. I was half an hour from meeting my dream, and I wanted that time to go as quick as possible.

* * *

I'd overestimated for time, and arrived at Darling Harbour with a few minutes to spare. Mind you, I'd run from where my car was parked a few blocks away to where he'd said to wait. I couldn't believe this was the right place though, there were people everywhere. I decided to walk a bit, more likely to find him that way. All of a sudden, someone crashed into me. Before I could fall and embarrass myself, I felt hands grab me and help me regain my balance. "Ready to run," the all too familiar voice whispered in my ear, before grabbing my hand, and dragging me to the shadows.
Behind one of the million massive buildings that surrounded the harbour, Joe had a car waiting. As he held the door open for me, he removed his sunglasses and hood; his disguise, and I couldn't help but stare. Quickly regaining my composure, I scrambled into the car, Joe following. "Back to the hotel," he told the driver.
♠ ♠ ♠
Next chapter. Hope you enjoy...
Claire xx