Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

Come with us

"Thank you all for coming out tonight!" Joe yelled into the microphone.
"I'm Nick..."
"I'm Kevin..."
"I'm Joe..."
"And we are the Jonas Brothers. Goodnight!" The three brothers yelled together, and they ran offstage to where Tahlia and I were waiting.
"Awesome concert guys," Tahlia said. Joe came up behind me, and wrapped his arms around my waist.
"What did you think?" he whispered in my ear.
"You know I love all your concerts. Although, this one was a bit of a let down." Joe looked hurt, and Nick and Tahlia were trying not to laugh at how gullible he was. "Kidding!"
"Oh, you're real funny."
"Hey, you too. Tahlia needs to get home, so we're gonna head off with Big Rob." Nick's voice penetrated our small world.
"Oh okay, I'll come with you." I went to walk back to the bus with Tahlia, but Joe stopped me.
"Claire, we're staying here. Nick's gonna take her himself," Joe told me. I began to get excited, knowing the guys had planned this so Joe and I could finally have some time alone. Tahlia obviously caught onto that fact too.
"You have to keep me posted, I want every detail," she told me. "And have time tonight." I hugged her, while saying "thank you." Whether she knew exactly what it was for or not, I didn't know, but it didn't matter either.

Joe and I watched Nick and Tahlia drive off. Finally, we were alone. Walking hand-in-hand onto the bus, we passed Kevin talking into this phone. "Hi Dani!" Joe called.
"She says hi back, Joe," Kevin told him.
"How did you know it was Danielle?" I asked.
"Please, it's always Dani," Joe laughed. "Come on." He led me to the bunks, and we say on my bed, laptop in front of us. "What movie are we watching?" I asked.
"I was hoping you'd watch the latest bond with me."
"Definitely, let's watch some Daniel Craig."
"I'm thinking he'll appeal to you more," Joe laughed.
"And that's probably a good thing," I said as he put the DVD in the CD drive.
As it came to the title screen, instead of pressing play, Joe pressed mute. "Before we watch the movie, I want to ask you something. It's something big, and you need to think about it carefully," he told me.
"Okay , sure." I was trying to figure out what exactly it was that could be such a big deal. I had thought tonight was going to be Joe and I hanging out, watching movie, or something simple like that. I didn't realise it was going to be so serious.
"I... I wanted to ask you... if, um, if you wanted to move to America with me. I don't want to leave you, and I know you don't either. So..." he paused, waiting for me to wrap my mind around what he said.
"Joe I... I don't know, you're asking a lot."
"And I understand that. i know you'll be leaving everything behind, your family, your friends..."
I interrupted him. "Oh well, that's not a problem, I've been planning on doing that for ages."
"So what's the problem?" he asked.
"Well, leaving people isn't a problem. But leaving Australia altogether. This is my home Joe, you know how much I love it here. And I'd be leaving halfway through my degree, will I have to start again in America? And where would I live? There's so much to think about," I explained.
"I know, trust me, I know. To answer your questions, you can start from where you are in your degree. And you can live with us." I opened my mouth to talk, but he silenced me, somehow knowing what I was going to say. "Dani never comes on tour with us, so I'm sure you could stay with her if we have to travel."
"That was creepy Jonas."
"I just know you too well." Joe pressed play on the movie, giving me time to think. We both sat silently as I thought through everything and he watched the movie. He was right, I didn't want to be away from him. And I was telling the truth when I said I'd been planning on getting out. I hadn't expected it to be so soon, but he was giving me the opportunity, should I take it? "Yes," I whispered.
"What?" he said, pausing the movie.
"Yes, I'll move to America," I said louder, a smile creeping onto my face. Joe didn't say anything, just bear-hugged me, laughing and cheering.
Nick suddenly appeared at the door at the door, I hadn't realised so much time had passed. "Did she say yes?" Joe and I quickly sat up, both of us nodding crazily. Nick began to cheer, and jumped onto the bed with us. It sudden;y got very crowded, with me sandwiched between the boys. "Okay, okay," I begged, "I need air!" I paused, realising what else I needed. "And I need to tell my parents." The three of us groaned, as we played the movie.

The next day

The last concert of the tour was in Newcastle. Joe had planned it this way so I could spend as much time with the boys as possible. Little did any of us know, it wouldn't have mattered.
We'd reached Newcastle, and I was freaking over the inevitable confrontation with my parents. Joe could sense my nervousness. "Chill, it'll be alright. Nick and I will be with you."
"Yeah, that's what worries me," I told him. My parents were likely to take it out on them, rather than on me, and I didn't want that to happen.
"Well, we won't come then."
"NO! I mean, you have to come with me. Help me pack quicker, so we can get out again as fast as possible." Joe laughed at my quick reaction.

As we pulled up in front of the house, I saw Aidan's blinds move, and a head appear. I waved, but he just stared. Oh crap, I thought, as Joe and Nick stood behind me. I began walking up the stairs when Aidan came to the door.
"Are they here?" I asked him.
"Yeah, and they aren't happy with you."
"That doesn't surprise me." I realised Joe and Nick had no idea who this was. "Oh, Aidan... Joe and Nick. Joe and Nick... Aidan." I couldn't be bothered with proper introductions, so that would have to do. I pushed passed and entered the house.
"Claire..." Joe began, and I turned to face him. "Just, be careful," he told me, and I nodded.
"MUM! DAD!" I yelled, and headed towards the loungeroom. There they were, watching the TV. Neither of them looked like they'd slept since I left, and they probably hadn't. Emi was nowhere to be seen, as per usual. And I was only going to make things worse.
"Claire, you're home." Joe and Nick must've entered the room at that moment, because my parents attention shifted. "Oh, you really were with Joe Jonas," my dad said.
Joe stepped forward to shake his hand. "Good morning Sir." Thankfully, Dad was being civil, and returned the gesture.
"Mum, Dad, I have something to tell you." Two sets of judging eyes were now on me. "These past couple of weeks while I've been on tour, well, I've been happy, really happy. And I don't want to stop feeling like that. Nick's become my best friend, and Joe and I are going out. I don't want to leave either of them, which is why I've decided to move to America with them." Mum didn't say anything, but I could sense a screaming match coming on between Dad and I. Wanting to avoid that, I walked straight into my bedroom, Nick and Joe following. They closed the door just as the yelling began.
"CLAIRE, YOU ARE NOT MOVING TO AMERICA, ESPECIALLY WITH PEOPLE YOU'VE ONLY JUST MET!"
i just ignored him, and started packing my clothes the bags Nick handed to me. Dad burst into the room, still yelling. "Fine, if you're leaving, then go. But you aren't taking this stuff with you!"
"WHAT?! You have got to be kidding me. This is my stuff!"
"No, it's not. We paid for it, so it stays in the house."
"Look around Dad. What in here have you paid for? You haven't paid for anything in years. So, since I paid for it, I'm taking it." I continued to pack my bags with my favourite things, stuff I really wanted. I knew Dad would throw me out any minute now. I'd just grabbed my books, and my dedication bear when he lost it. "That's it, GET OUT! I never want to see you here again."
"Fine by me." Joe and Nick had already left the room, and were waiting for me out the front. I walked past my mum, muttered a goodbye, and stormed out the front door. Walking quickly and straight to the bus, Joe ran to catch up with me.
The realisation of what I just did hit once I was on the bus, and we were driving away. The tears started to fall, and Joe quickly pulled me into his arms. Before too long though, I began to laugh. "What's so funny?" Joe asked.
"I'm finally done with that place. It's what I've dreamed about for so long. I can finally live my life."
♠ ♠ ♠
Let me know what you think...
Claire xx