Status: Active

I'm In Love with a Jonas Brother

Turn Right Into My Arms

It was the day after I'd walked out of my house for the last time. Aidan had called, asking what was going on, and I'd willingly explained. From Mum and Dad, on the other hand, I'd heard nothing.
We were on the plane, headed back to the States for the last concert of the tour, in New Jersey, my new home. I was sitting with Joe, leaning on his shoulder, and reading one of my books when I realised something.
I looked up at Joe, who was sleeping soundly, as I grabbed my phone and stood up quietly. I walked to one of the spare seats. Nick noticed, and followed me. "You okay?" he asked, before I dialled Tahlia's number. He must've thought I'd break down crying, or freak out like I'd done just an hour before.
"Yeah I'm fine. I was just going to call Tahlia," I told him. He just stared at me like he thought I was lying. "Seriously Nick, nothing's wrong. But if you are really worried, you can sit here while I talk to her." He nodded, and I dialled her number.
"Hey Claire. Have they left yet?" she asked straightaway.
"Yeah, they have."
"Are you okay? I bet it was hard saying bye to them, Joe especially."
"Not really. Actually, that's why I'm calling." When she didn't say anything, I continued. "I'm on a plane, their plane to be exact. I'm moving to America with the guys." I smiled as I said this, it was good to talk to someone who I knew would be excited for me.
"Yeah, I know," she said.
"What... How... Nick." Since he was still sitting next to me, I punched him. "Ow," he mouthed, rubbing his arm.
"Yeah, he told me the other night. You obviously said yes."
"Yep. And I just wanted to say that I'm really sorry I'm leaving just after we met and everything, and we were finally working everything out. But when Joe offered, all I could think about was how awesome it would be to finally escape," I rambled.
"Claire, it's cool. I know, probably better than anyone, how bad your life has been. So don't worry, I'm super happy for you. And I know the fact that you'll be in America won't make a difference to our friendship," she explained.
I felt like I was about to cry, everything was finally falling into place. "Tahlia..."
"Yeah..."
"Thanks, for everything," I said.
"Don't mention it. Hey listen, I need to go, but I'll talk to you later. Love you."
"Love you too." I hung up, and looked at Nick. He smiled, and I smiled back.
"Claire?" I heard Joe call.
"Yeah." I quickly stood up, and went to sit with him again, He put his arms around me, and pulled me onto his lap. "Hey," I whispered.
"Hey. Did you sleep at all?" he asked
"A bit, but I'm not really tired."
"You will be," Nick called from the other side of the plane. I just rolled my eyes at him.
"How far are we?" I asked Joe.
"Um, probably about an hour away."
"Good, I can't wait to get off this plane." Joe just laughed, before we settled back down in the seat.

That night

I was standing backstage, watching the boys perform their last concert. After this, we were headed to my new home. To say I was worried would've been an understatement. Mrs Jonas must've noticed, because she came over to talk to me.
"Hey Claire. Are you okay?"
"Yeah, just fine." One look at her caring expression, and I knew I could tell her anything. "I just... I don't know, everything has been happening so fast. I guess I'm still trying to wrap my mind around it," I explained.
"Oh, of course. I should've realised that before. Listen honey, if you ever want to talk then please, come to me." She paused, watching her sons. "Just a heads up, you might want to pay special attention to the boys at the moment." She walked away, and I stared after her, confused. What did she mean?
I turned my attention back to the stage, and noticed Joe quickly glancing in my direction, before turning back to the crowd. "So I have this friend," he began, "and she's been through a lot since I met her. Sometimes I think it was because of me." I laughed at that, along with the audience. "So tonight, I wanted to invite Claire on to the stage, and I want you all to help me in telling her it'll all be okay." He paused, as Nick walked over and took my hand, leading me to a stool Kevin had placed near Joe.
"This song is for you, Claire." Joe smiled at me, as Kevin began to play.
While Joe and Nick sang Turn Right, it was all I could do to not cry. Apparently, it wasn't enough. Turn Right was my favourite Jonas song, it gave me hope, and to hear Joe singing it for me, to me, was amazing. So, by the end of it, tears were streaming down my face.
They said their goodbyes, finished the show, and we ran off the stage together. "Thank you, thank you, thank you!" I yelled as I jumped into Joe's arms. He and his brothers just laughed as Joe and I hugged, not letting each other go for anything.
After a few minutes, Joe whispered something in me ear. "Ready to go home?" he asked.
"Definitely."
♠ ♠ ♠
So I'm back!!! Sorry about the lack of updates over the last few weeks. I'll be updating more often now, I promise.
Claire xx