All They Know Is Misery

Six.

“Hey.” I heard a deep voice say while I was walking in the hallway. I look up to see Matt’s hazel eyes. I sighed and looked back to keep myself from bumping into the many people in the hallways. I didn’t want to deal with Matt. I didn’t want to deal with anything, I was just tired. “Ignoring me, love?”

“Don’t fucking call me love.” I said through my clenched teeth. The bastard didn’t even know me and he seemed to think it was okay to call me “love”. I hated cocky people; Matt seemed to fit into this category well at this point.

Matt looked down at me and put a muscular arm in front of me, causing me to stop. His hazel eyes studied me; I never wanted Johnny to save me more in my life. “Are you okay?” That was the question I hated the most. People didn’t want the truth; they wanted to hear you’re okay so they can go on in their lives believing you, and living happy in their perfect world.

“I’m fine.” Maybe he’ll leave me alone now.

No such luck. “Where are you headed?”

“Why do you need to know?” I asked him, getting irritated that he wouldn’t just leave me alone.

“I got kicked out of music. So I got into art instead.” Oh hell no. “Do you have art this period?” Why me? Why not some other depressed person?

“Yes.” I replied, turning into the art hallway. Why did they have to combine grade levels for art and music?

He smirked at me. “Great.”

We walked into the classroom. I sat in the same table as yesterday. The teacher assigned me with a blonde girl who looked like she would do anything to get out of the class. She had yet to arrive, I had a feeling she was skipping. The bell rang and the last few kids came into class, my tablemate not being one of them.

“Hello, class!” Our short art teacher said. “I’m Mr. Perrone and this is art class.” He said this every day. “We have lost one student, but gained a new one.” Looks like the blonde girl isn’t coming back. “Class, this is Mr. Sanders.” He turned to Matt, who was at least a foot taller than our short Italian teacher, “You may go sit next to Pheobe. That is your assigned seat.”

I could hear all the girls behind me gasp. Of course, they would be jealous because I got paired with the “hot” senior. I turned around to find half of them starting, the other half glaring. I It wasn’t my fault, I would do anything to get out of it actually, I felt like telling them.

Matt slammed his books on the table; I snapped my head in his direction. “Hey there partner.” I glared at him but didn’t say a word.

Mr. Perrone clapped his hands; I focused my attention to him. “Listen up class. The first project we will be doing is a drawing. This drawing will be about your partner.” I looked at Matt, he looked at me. I grimaced. This isn’t gonna go well. “You must get to know them, everything about them, and fit it into your artwork. I highly suggest you meet at least once outside of class to get this project done on time.” Most people had frowns on their faces, some had smiles. “You can brainstorm for the rest of class.” Perrone finished his instruction and went to his desk.

I stared blankly at Matt; I was tired and really didn’t feel like dealing with a cocky bastard. So I didn’t answer him when he asked, “What should I know about you?” He waited for an answer. When one didn’t come, his face got a little softer. “I can tell you aren’t okay.” I kept my face blank, but I was shocked. “I may seem like a bastard, but I’m really not that bad. I’m not going to make your life miserable. We may as well be friends. Or at least try and communicate.”

I never did answer him. So for the whole class he told me about his family. He had a mother and father, both loving and supporting of him. He has a sister named Amy, he seems like a good brother by the way he talks about her. He had three best friends, all seniors also. Apparently they were the most stupid, awesome, ridiculous friends he could ever wish for. In all he didn’t sound like too bad of a person.

The bell rang and all the students rushed out of the classroom. Matt looked at me for a moment. I felt like I owed him something, so I told him something about me, like I was supposed to be doing the whole class.

“I haven’t been okay, I’m not okay, I don’t think I’ll ever be okay.”
♠ ♠ ♠
No love for this story? D':
Give love for this story please? Comments?♥