All They Know Is Misery

Nine.

We sat at the lunch table, discussing random things as Pheobe and Johnny sat down. “Hey guys,” Zacky greeted them.

“Hey,” Johnny said.

Pheobe looked down at her food and started playing with it.

I heard a loud laugh from across the cafeteria and I looked over to see Charlotte and Damon laughing away at something “funny” Damon had said.

I nearly growled at the sight. Why was she so interested in him? I mean, not that I cared that much, but I've heard things about Damon, no matter how new he is. Rumors travel fast. And rumor says he's gotten a lot of girls in bed.

“Yo, James, wake up,” Brian said, waving his hand in front of my face.

I grabbed it, squeezing it tightly and glared at him. “What?”

“Stop staring at Charlie, it's scary,” Zacky said.

“Fucking mind your own damn business, Baker,” I snapped.

“Why are you looking over there?” Matt asked.

“New guy's trying to put a move on Charlie.”

“Oh, since when do you call her Charlie?” Brian asked, smirking.

“Shut up, Haner, and don't you dare try anything,” I warned him.

“Since when do you care so much about Charlotte?” Matt asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Since when did you start spending so much time with Pheobe, Matty? Huh? Explain that to me,” I countered, knowing exactly how to piss him off.

“What?” Johnny asked, glaring at Matt.

“Well, I'm out,” I smiled. “Enjoy your lunch, asshole.”

I slung my book bag over my shoulder and made my way over to where Damon and Charlotte sat. I sat down and Charlotte shook her head. “Why are you here?” she asked rudely.

“Matt was pissing me off, and I wanted to come see you,” I told her.

“Hey man,” Damon greeted.

“Yo,” I replied.

Charlotte huffed. “Please, Jimmy, go away.”

“What the hell did I ever do to you?” I asked, shaking my head.

She turned, her eyes glazed over with tears. “Go. Away.”

“Sorry,” I apologized, picking up my book bag. I looked into her eyes one last time, trying to read what I had done wrong, but I still couldn't tell.

“Go!” she nearly screamed.

I slung my book bag over my shoulder and quickly got up, walking away.

Charlotte walked into my house, sitting down on my couch. “Where's your boy-toy?” I asked, raising an eyebrow.

“Shut up, and let's get to work,” she snapped.

“Charlotte, seriously—tell me what I did,” I begged. “Please, I want to know.”

“You want to know? You want to fucking know?!”

I nodded vigorously.

“Figure it out your own damn self,” she spat, taking out the project folder from her book bag.

“It's someone's time of month,” Brian muttered as he walked out of the kitchen.

“Oh fucking great. He's here too?” she shook her head.

“I asked him and Zee to come over here and maybe you'd tell me what the hell happened if you were talking to one of them,” I told her.

“You're putting me through fucking therapy?!” Charlotte shouted in disbelief.

“Don't think of it as therapy, sweetie, think of it as informing a friend,” Brian said, smirking as he sat down next to her, placing his arm around her.

She moved out from under him, stood up, and smacked him across the face. “Learn how to treat a lady right, asshole!”

Zacky snorted, doubling over with laughter. “Nice one, Charlotte!”

“Bitch!” Brian shouted.

I walked over to Charlotte and picked her up, throwing her over my shoulder and walking back to my room. She protested as much as she could, but I wouldn't budge. “Let me go, Jimmy!”

“Nope,” I replied, shaking my head. I walked into my bedroom, slammed the door shut and locked it. “We're not going anywhere until you tell me what I did.”

“Fine,” she huffed, sitting down on my bed. “When we were in first grade, you and I met. We were acquaintances until second grade when you, me, and Matt met up and became really close friends. You got kicked out of school and when they allowed you back, you ran to me and gave me a huge bear hug, knocking me down. Matt stood in the corner laughing while I giggled and hugged you back. Eventually we became best friends and in third grade, you asked me to be your girlfriend. I gladly accepted, but then this little other girl came along and . . . things got different.”

I was shell-shocked. She couldn't be serious . . . could she?

“So you—”

“Save it,” she sighed, standing up and walking over to the door. “Let me out.”

“No, you need to continue,” I stopped her. “Please.”

“Jimmy, why do you care?” Charlotte asked, shaking her head at me. “Since when do you give a damn about me?”

“Charlotte, don’t make me force it out of you,” I threatened, walking towards her. I leaned against the door, over her and she placed her hand against my chest, staring up into my eyes.

“Please,” she begged, “let me out.”

I backed away and unlocked the door, letting her out. She rushed out of the room and I followed, Zacky and Brian laughing at something on the television.

“How’d it go?” Brian asked as Charlie sat down on the couch next to Zacky.

“Leave me the hell alone,” Charlie spat.

“Well then,” Brian mumbled.

“Can we just get this project over with?” she asked, looking up at me.

“Whatever.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it took forever, but here it is! (:
Comments?