Status: Active, still writing.

To Live in the Shadow of Who I'm Supposed to Be

Grace Parker is still just a senior in Dulaney high school. Although she is about to turn into a legal adult, and Maryland's "age of consent" law is seventeen years of age, being seventeen is still considered a child when everyone compares her to her boyfriend Alex Gaskarth's age of twenty two years old and an important music career on his plate. While Alex is busy touring and performing shows, Grace is still busy with homework and the burden of high school life.
Alex and her don't see the problem of being together; Alex over looks her age and ignores the constant reminders from his family and friends that Grace is a legal child and even though she is seventeen years of age, and allowed to give her consent to be with an older man, she is just a kid; An older man was dating a kid.
It takes it toll on him however, his fear of being looked down upon by his fans, friends, and family. He feared what people thought as they looked at little high school Grace and older, mature musician Alex Gaskarth. They agreed to keep the relationship quiet, not wanting the general public to know Alex's girlfriend was practically a child.

To Grace, she was only about four years difference in age of Alex. Her eighteenth birthday coming soon, technically making it four years and a few months. Couples all around the world have been known to be even more than that. It was taken out of proportion. She seemed to feel like everyone saw her as a twelve year old rather than seventeen. Their relationship was legal, Alex couldn't get in trouble even if someone did find out. But it worried her when she saw the pained look on Alex's face when someone mentioned it all to him. It made her feel guilty.. this was her fault. If only she was not as young as she is, nobody would have to make Alex feel that way about being with her.

But when it came down to it, Alex wouldn't leave her for the world. No matter what was said or who said it to him. She was his little girl, if that's what people saw her as, then so be it.

****This story I started on my Quizilla account and is now placed here on Mibba as well! Ask for my Quizilla account is you'd like to read my other stories.****