Sleep With Me

Sleep With Me

Lou's chest raised up and down, her heartbeat ticking slowly in time with the clock that was nearby. Kay's hand slipped from Lou's, causing it to fall down by her side. The moonlight glared through a small gap in the curtains, making that the only source of light in the room. The time slipped by quickly. Nothing moved, it was as if a deep sleep had been placed upon the two girls. It stayed this way for a while. The silence finally being stirred by the smaller of the two moving onto her side, placing her arm around Lou's waist, cuddling closer to keep warm. Lou remained still and after a few brief seconds, Kay slipped back into a shallow sleep.

A few hours later dawn came. Weak rays of sunshine glinted through the window. Still nothing stirred. The atmosphere was peaceful and calm. Lou's eyes flitted open, slowly taking in her surroundings. She tried to make her movements as gently as possible as she wouldn't want to wake up Kay's. Lou turned her head and watched as her girlfriend slept. Blissfully unaware of the fact that she was being watched, Kay's dream had ended causing her to wake up. She looked around her room, trying to shake that 'just-woken-up' feeling. Kay's turned to look at her girlfriend, she smiled weakly and stretched. Lou smiled back, her eye's glinting in the sunlight. She looked down slightly and leant forward, kissing Kay's on the lips.

Nothing would break that moment. The kiss ended. Lou whispered quietly in Kay's ear,

'I love you.' Kay smiled, happiness in her eyes and replied softly,

'I love you too baby.'