Status: Finished

A Twist of Fate

1

“No.” I whispered

I refused to believe what I saw in front of me. I mean last week wasn’t my first time, but it was our first time with both of us drunk. I looked back down at the little stick of plastic. The pink plus sign was taunting me. I couldn’t comprehend it. I had just graduated high school, and Josh and I were heading off to college together in the fall. How in the world was I going to tell him?

That night I cried and refused to sleep. All I could think about was what I was going to do now. One thing for sure I wasn’t about to give this baby up. I knew I had to tell Josh soon, but how? The next morning I waited till I thought Josh would be awake. Nervously I texted him to come over as soon as he could. Now I could only wait.

It felt like an endless wait as I paced around the room. I switched between that and crying on the bed. When Josh finally arrived I was lying down staring out the window. My tears flowed without end, but my sobs were few.

Suddenly I felt two familiar arms wrap around me. I hadn’t even heard him enter the room. I could feel his breath on my neck as he whispered what’s wrong, but that only caused me to break into sobs. Half an hour later I hadn’t calmed down, and frankly I didn’t know how to calm down.

“Elena, please tell just me what’s wrong with you?” he begged as he sat us both up.

Slowly I got up and went to look on top of the dresser drawer. I found the pregnancy test and showed it to him. I waited while looking everywhere but at him trying to stand up straight as i felt my knees willing to bring me down. I felt his fingers under my chin as they gently raised my eyes to face his.

His face showed shock, but also so many different mixes of different emotions. I waited as this murderous silence continued.

“Is that what was making you cry? Were you afraid of how I would take this?” he finally asked. I could only nod at him.

“Elena, I love you. I won’t leave you because you got pregnant. I want to be with you even more. I’m going to stay and we can raise the baby together.” He finished as he kissed me ever so lightly. I felt over come with relief.