Status: Complete.

You Made Me the Happiest of All

Chapter 02

We entered the cafeteria and we met up with the rest of our friends, Haylee, Bellatrix (Bella), and Rosalie (Rose).

"Hey! You guys won't believe who is in my Algebra class! There's this really hot guy named Jared! He is fuckingS-E-X-Y!" Bella informed us.
"There's this new guy named Matt in my Physics class. He is pretty hot," Rose stated.
"And there's a new guy named Eric in my Theater Arts class! Total eye candy!" Haylee screamed.
Finally Court spoke, "A new guy is in my English class and boy is he hot. His name is...Mike...I think. But ooh you guys shoulda seen the guy Miss Dani was eyeing! GORGEOUS!"
"This is crazy, we all have new kids in our class," I said.
"Yeah, she's right," Bella stated.
I turned my head to the side and saw loads of our classmates. There was a clearing of people which revealed him. Yes, Craig. I tuned out all of the noise around me and focused only on him. When I did that, it seemed to me as if we were the only two in the room. All I wanted to do was walk over there, grip him into a hug and stay like that for eternity. He noticed me and grinned. His smile made me weak in my knees.
I was snapped back into reality to the sound of someone calling my name.
"Dani! Dani!" I was pretty sure Haylee was yelling.
"DANI!!!" Court screamed.
I turned around just in time for a piece of broccoli to hit my nose. I looked up at her and gave her the 'oh-now-it's-on' look. Her eyes got wide with fear but then a malicious smile swept across her face.
A voice behind me screamed, "FOOD FIGHT!!!"
I grabbed a carton of mashed potatoes ready to fire at the next person I saw. I took cover under the table, which was pretty nasty. I crawled to where Craig was hiding and on my way I flung a couple of pieces of mashed potatoes at Jessica, the captain of the cheer squad.
I yelled to Craig through the madness, "Some first day, huh?"
He laughed, "Yeah!"
He took some of the mashed potatoes I had and threw them at James, the captain of the football team, who is Jessica's boyfriend. The mashed potatoes hit him in the center of his butt-ugly face. I high-fived Craig while we both laughed our heads off. James wiped the potatoes off his face. He was furious. That kind of scared me. I didn't mind, I was with Craig; I was happy.
I jumped at the sound of a whistle being loudly blown. Craig noticed my shock and set his hand my shoulder. He quickly removed his hand, probably thinking it was the wrong thing to do since we just met. I was perfectly fine with it.
Mr. Richie, our principal yelled, "Stop immediately!! As seniors, I'd think you all would know better than that!! Now, who started the food fight?"
No one raised their hand or confessed.
"Well, if no one wants to confess, I have no problem with having you all suspended," he warned us.
Only one thought ran through my mind, Oh please Court, be wise!
The culprit rose from the floor and said, "I did it. I yelled food fight."
It turned to be my ex-boyfriend, Corey. He was a nice guy...for a little bit. He started becoming a mean person after he started drinking. That was his worst decision ever. He was abusive after he consumed alcohol. The memories were terrifying.
*flashback, 2002 age-15*
I sat in my living room while my mom was out grocery shopping. While watching Family Guy, I heard the doorbell ring. I stepped in front of the door and peeked through the peep hole. There I saw Corey, my boyfriend completely wasted. I had to open the door. If I didn't the beatings would only be harder. I opened the door and he stumbled in.
He walked in mumbling, "Stupid motherfucker....son of a bitch.....doesn't deserve it."
I asked sweetly, "Corey? Is something wrong, sweety?"
"SHUT UP!!!" he screamed slapping me across the face.
I fell onto the floor in tears. He slammed his fist into my stomach and I coughed up blood. I was terrified. I prayed to myself, "Please God, get me out of this alive."
He punched me in the face and I was sure I had a black eye for the fifth time.
I cried, "Corey! Stop!"
He kicked my side one last time before leaving my house. I somehow got up and took a painkiller. It worked in a heartbeat. I washed my face and put on a pair of sunglasses which I normally used when he gave me a black eye. My mom returned home without asking any questions whatsoever.
I was happy I could hide this from her. Sure enough, the next day, Corey was showering me with flowers and apologies. I accepted everyone of them. I was stupid.
*end of flashback*
I escaped Corey in the end. It took me a while to get back to normal, though. Corey confessed and we were set free. I walked to fourth period with Craig.
"That was fuckin' AWESOME!" Craig exclaimed.
"Hellyeah, it was," I was agreed.
We entered the hallway and Craig said, "I am pretty sure my next class is...that way."
"Oh, mine's that way...bye..."
We then walked out separate ways.