Status: Complete.

You Made Me the Happiest of All

Chapter 25

I heard the bell ring, signaling someone had come in.
"Who is it?" Pixie asked.
"It's Craig," the man replied.
I froze. He was there.
Pixie joyfully invited him, "Oh! Craig! C'mon in! Come meet Storm!"
He entered looking different than he did at Spin. He had the same piercings, but his face changed a bit and his hair was shoulder-length, completely straight. He was still gorgeous. Lovely.
"Hey Storm," Craig said.
Pixie inquired, "You two know each other?"
"Met at the Halloween party at Spin," I explained.
"Mmm...okay..." she continued to cut my hair.
Craig stayed the whole time watching me get my hair cut and colored. I ended up with a beautiful result.
"I fucking love it!!!" I exclaimed looking at my new hair.
I played with it and got up from the chair. Craig walked passed me and I breathed in deeply. His scent was amazing.
"Pixie, why'd you call?" Craig asked Pixie.
"Oh," she began, "Well you two are my best friends and I wanted to introduce you two to each other."
I giggled, "Oh. Well, Craig...do you wanna hang out?"
"Sure," he agreed.
I couldn't believe I actually asked that question. Craig, I could win him back.
"So..." he started, walking out the door with me, "What do you wanna do?"
"Hmm...mall?" I suggested.
He agreed, "Sure."
I had to call up Matt. I dialed his number, it rang a couple of times and then it went to his voice mail.
"Hey it's Matt, sorry I couldn't get to my phone in time. Leave a message and I'll get back to you as soon as I possi-fuckin-blycan,bye."
"Hiya, Matt," I spoke into the phone, "I'm gonna hang out with Craig, I guess he'll drive me home. Bye."
Craig smiled at me, "You know what? You somehow remind me of this girl I used to know...her name was Danielle. You kinda have the same personality but your faces look different."
I replied, "Weird..."
He nodded and he opened the passenger side door of his familiar black Denali. I got in and recognized every piece of the car. The CDs, the radio, the backseat and the cup holder filled with mainly pennies.
I sighed, "...memories..."
"Huh?" Craig questioned.
"Oh, nothing," I said.
He began driving and turned on his stereo. The CD he was listening to last was automatically played. It was "Best I Ever Had" by State of Shock. I was going to break down if I heard that song. He immediately shut off the song and changed it to Framing Hanley's cover of "Lollipop". I couldn't resist.
I sang along, "She said he's so sweet, I wanna lick the wrapper. And she, she licked me like a lollipop, like a lollipop. Shorty wanna thug, bottles in the club. Shorty wanna-"
I was cut off by Craig's giggling.
"What's so funny?" I inquired.
He explained, "Sorry. It's just that you know all the words to a Lil' Wayne song, yet you're a total fucking rocker."
I giggled, "Got a good point there!"
We continued listening to Framing Hanley until we reached the Los Angeles Mall. We walked inside and made our first stop at Hot Topic. I browsed the giant store. I picked out a black Skelanimals jacket with Kit on it and cat ears on the hood. Craig came up behind me with a smile on his face.
"Why are you so happy?" I asked.
He responded, "Oh, it's just that you look good in that."
"Thanks. I think I'll buy this jacket."
"Okay, I'll buy it for ya," he offered.
I replied, "No, it's fine."
"I insist."
He gave me puppy dog eyes and I gave in.
Same ol' Craig, I thought, Same ol' situation.
We left Hot Topic and went to the food court. We walked up to Mr. Woo, the Chinese restaurant. We ordered one plate of noodles. We took our food and sat next to each other sharing the noodles. I looked up and smiled at him. He smiled back. His face inched closer and closer to mine until our lips pressed together. I wanted to say, I fucking love you, Craig! I couldn't. I was "Storm". Not Dani. Not her. He pulled away grinning. His smile was washed away and he quickly got up.
"Where are you going?!?" I asked.
"I...the time...I just have to go. Have Matt pick you up...sorry," he said walking away.
There my Craig went. Leaving me, yet this time he thought I was Storm. I felt a tear trickle down my cheek. He left me...again. I dialed Matt's number.
"Storm?" Matt answered.
"Y-yeah, can you pick me up at the Los Angeles Mall?"
"Um, sure. Be right there."
I walked outside, waiting for Matt's arrival. Craig was really gone. I put my earphones in my ears and put my iPod on shuffle. The first song to come on was "Never Too Late" by Three Days Grace.
"Even if I say, it'll be alright. Still I hear you say you want to end your life. Now and again we try to just stay alive. Maybe we'll turn it all around 'cause it's not too late, it's never too late."
I sighed and said softly to myself, "It is too late...might as well give up on everything."
"The world we knew won't come back. The time we've lost can't get back. The life we had won't be ours again."
I felt a tear trickle down from my eye to my chin. He wasn't going to be mine again. The life we had won't be ours again.