Status: Complete.

You Made Me the Happiest of All

Chapter 08

(Craig's POV)
I grabbed the first piece of paper I could find and began jotting down lyrics. I had just thought them up. I scribbled:
I know I'm not there to hold you,
Look up, see the sky that I do,
You make me the happiest of men,
I am the happiest of men,
And if God takes me before you,
I just want you to know, I love you,
And you made me the strongest of all men,
I'll remain the happiest of men,
I miss you, baby close your eyes,
Let's meet in our dreams tonight.
I read and re-read the lyrics and I was pleased. I set the paper down and met up with the gang at Hot Topic. I entered the store and saw Dani looking at herself in the mirror with an outfit she tried on. She looked amazing in it. It was a black dress that ended at her knee. It laced up the middle with purple ribbon and it had thin straps with studs on them for sleeves. I walked up behind her while she was looking down.
I whispered in her ear, "That looks great on you..."
She jumped but relaxed when she saw me. I smiled at her, she weakly smiled back. It was true, she didn't like me. Her eyes were still a little red and she seemed as if she could breakdown at any moment. I didn't want her to be like that. She was too caring and sweet to be made sad or disappointed. She stepped back into the dressing room and took off the dress.
She peeked through the curtain and asked me, "Could you get me that black and white halter corset top and the matching skirt in a small for me?"
I nodded and head to the clothing rack. I picked outfit she wanted and the thought of her in it made me smile. She would look beautiful. I walked back to her and handed her the outfit. She took it and tried it on.
She questioned, "Could you zip this up for me?"
I stood breathless. My heart began racing.
"Um...sure..." I stated.
I stepped into the dressing room and she only had the corset covering her stomach. I gently took the zipper and carefully zipped it up. She turned around and looked at me smiling.
"How do I look, Craig?" she asked.
"B-b-beautiful..." I responded shyly.
We both looked down blushing. We looked up at each other and our eyes locked. Then Bella opened the curtain. She saw us gazing at each other and her eyes got wide.
"Oh, haha I'm sorry...um, I should leave you two...alone," she apologized nervously.
Dani giggled and the sound was alluring.
She told me, "Well I'm going to change...so..."
"Oh, yeah...haha, sorry," I apologized.
I stepped out of the dressing room and looked at CDs. Before I knew it, Dani was next to me holding the two outfits.
"Which one do I-" she was distracted by something.
(Danielle's POV)
"TOBI!!" I screamed running toward him.
Tobi was my cousin. He was a year older than me and he was my best friend on the planet. He was gay...his parents, my aunt and uncle, pretty much disowned him when they found out. I didn't of course. I always accepted him. He currently went to college, he told me everyone there makes fun of him because he looks emo and he was gay. I hugged him tightly and kissed his cheek.
He smiled, "It's been so long!"
"I've missed you," I told him.
"What are you doing here?"
"Ditched...what are you doing here?"
"Aaron, my baby, is sick and I decided to buy him a little gift."
"Aaw, that's sweet."
He whispered to me, "Who's the hottie over there?"
He pointed at Craig.
I giggled, "That's Craig. He's my friend."
He smiled and we walked over to Craig.
"Craig, this is Tobi, my cousin," I introduced.
Craig shook Tobi's hand and smiled. I was pretty sure Craig's smile effected Tobi the same way it effected me. Tobi was awesome. We chatted and stepped up to the cash register.
Craig politely stated, "I'll pay for your outfits."
I blushed and Tobi smiled at us, "It's fine, really."
"Let the man pay for your clothes," Tobi butted in.
"I insist," Craig half-smiled.
I gave in and we checked out. An amazing thought entered my mind, maybe he did like me. The way he looked at me, the way he touched me. He was ever-so-gentle. He made sure he didn't hurt me or make me disappointed. I had deep feelings for him...was it what I thought it was...love? The day passed, we ate in the food court, went to Craig's place and Craig drove me home at around 7:00pm.
"Bye, Dani," he smiled.
I responded, "Bye, I had fun today."
"I'll walk you to the front door...it's dark outside."
He stepped out of the car and came to my side. He opened the door for me like any gentlemen does. I stepped out and we walked hand-in-hand to my front door. We stood there for a second and gazed at each other.
"Here we are...well, bye," he stated about to walk off.
I grabbed his sleeve begging, "Don't leave!"
He looked at me, shocked. I froze.