Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 17

(Craig's POV) (One week later; 8/12/08)
I entered the practice room, and all of the guys were already there, talking in a small group. This past month has been pretty bad, and I know it. I just can't stop myself from getting pissed off at Mike. He fucked up me and Dani's relationship! It's his god damn fault! I have the right!
I walked up to their circle. “Hey, guys. What're you guys talking about?”
“Craig, let's talk,” Mike said, leading me over to the corner. “Dude, I'm sorry.”
I sighed, “I don't give a shit. Until you can fix what Dani and I had, I'm not forgiving you.”
“Craig, I'm really fucking sorry. I wish I could take everything back.”
“No! Okay? I'm not fucking forgiving you, you asshole!” I screamed at him. Seriously, he expects me to forgive him after all of this shit? What the hell!
Mike shook his head and looked over at the rest of the guys. Matt came in and said, “Man, over this past month, you've been a complete douche to everyone.”
“Craig, it's not working. If you don't...if you don't stop this crap...I'm afraid we'll have to let you go. It kills me to say that, but...yeah,” Eric told me, trying to bring it down on me as light as possible.
My jaw dropped, “What?”
“We've all talked about it...it's...I'm fucking sorry, but...this is what we'll have to do,” Jared stated.
I laughed, “Ha! Well, fuck you guys! I need stay home and take care of my daughter anyways! I don't need you fuckers!” I walked out of the practice room and straight to my car, where I drove home as an emotional wreck. Holy shit, that hurt...being kicked out of the band I fucking started.
I arrived at my house, being greeted by Gab in usual happy tone, “Hey, Craig! Was practice cut short?”
“Fuck, those fuckers kicked me out! I can't fucking believe them!” I shouted.
She put her finger over her lip, signaling that Leila was taking a nap. “Let's sit down and talk.”
I followed her to the couch and we sat beside each other. I started talking. “Mike kissed Dani, and Courtney saw...that's why she told me what happened with Dani and Joe...I can't fucking believe him. He was supposed to be my friend. He's the fucking reason I lost the greatest thing to ever happen to me...”
“Craig...do you still love her? Dani?” Gab asked me.
Fuck...I do...as much as I wanted my mind to forget her...I can't. I just can't. “Oh my god, Gab...I do...I love her so fucking much. I still love her to death. I wish I was still with her...I miss her so much.” I felt tears streaming down my cheeks.
She told me, reassuringly, “Craig, if you still love her this much, I'm positive she still loves you as well.”
“You...you really think so?”
“Positive. I know this band thing is really gonna keep you down. I'm sorry...I wish there was something I could do, Craig. Really.”
I hugged her, “I'm so happy you're living here. I probably wouldn't have an assurance that things would be okay without you.”
“I'm here for you, Craig. You're one of my only friends.”
“Well, I'm gonna lay down for a bit...I'm feeling really fucked up right now. Thanks, Gab.”
She grinned, “No problem. If ya need anything, tell me.”
I walked to my room and lay on my bed, my eyes shut, but my mind wandering.
I miss Dani. I really do. I wish I would've talked out what happened with her... I should've believed her. I shouldn't have taken it all out on Mike. Courtney was being a bitch. It was pretty much everyone's fault. Damn, now I realize this shit. It's too late now. Guess I gotta sit around hoping something good will come to me, right? Only hope I have.
(Dani's POV)
“Jimmy, how can you still be hungry? You eat so much...but you only weigh like 110 pounds and you're like 6 foot 5!” I yelled at Jimmy, as he got up from the couch another time for a snack.
He yelled back, “I'm a big boy!”
“You're 27!” I replied.
He glared at me, holding some string cheese. “I'm a 27 year old big boy.”
I shook my head and laughed. I was staying here with Jimmy while the rest of the guys were out doing some interview. Jimmy decided to stay here with me, since he wasn't in an interview type of mood. He really was a funny ass dude to hang with. He's like a child trapped in a 27 year old's body.
He walked back to the couch and sat beside me, eating the string cheese. Which was like his 10th snack over the past hour. Jesus.
Then we heard the door open, and it was Brian. I greeted him with a hug, as did Jimmy. “So, how was it, hanging out for an hour?”
“This one ate like ten snacks in one hour,” I said.
Jimmy pointed at me, “SHE ABUSES ME!”
“Do you want another whippin' boy?!” I yelled at him, jokingly.
He smirked, “Hehe, why yes, yes I would.”
“Then let's go!” I replied.
“Okay! Let's do it!” He picked me up behind his back, and carried me down the hallway, before putting me down, laughing.
I laughed, “He's out of his mind. I love it. I'm so happy I'm here with you guys. It's awesome.”
“Aw, it's no problem, Dani,” Brian told me, giving me a tight hug.
Jimmy said behind us, “Aw, group hug time!” and wrapped his arms around both of us. This group hug lasted for about five seconds, and then Jimmy let go and walked up to his room, leaving Brian and I downstairs alone.
“Wanna go hang out in my room?” Brian suggested.
I smiled, “Sure.” We walked up to his room, which was exactly how I remembered it. We sat down on his bed together and stared talking.
He started, “So, with your whole alcohol problem, how is that working out right now?”
“Well, since I've been here, I haven't been really depressed like I was before...so it hasn't crossed my mind to drink,” I told him.
He nodded, “Good, I'm glad we could help you.”
Brian really cares. He's always been a sweet guy. He was a great boyfriend while it lasted.
“Um...Dani? Can I tell you something?” he questioned.
I nodded, “Of course, what's up?”
“I'm...I'm really sorry about what I did to you...I was stupid,” he apologized, in a very sincere tone.
I smiled, “Brian, it's fine, really. It's been over a year since that happened. We've moved on.”
He remained silent. Whoa, really?
“Right?” I questioned.
He sighed, “D-Dani...I still have feelings for you.”