Status: Complete.

I'd Trade Just About Anything

Chapter 21

(Dani's POV) (@ Jerry's Pizza in Bakersfield, CA)
"I can't believe they got a new singer already," I said to the group of blessthefall fan girls.
One girl, Candace, replied, "Yeah, but he's a good singer. He was in Take The Crown."
I nodded, "I trust these guys to pick an amazing singer."
"You seem like you know them personally," Candace told me.
I laughed, then muttered under my breath, "I know them better than you think."
I heard the intro come on and the band run out. I was front row, right in front of Jared. The new singer sang amazing!
They played a few new songs and the original stuff I remember. They got off-stage and I walked out by their van, which was parked directly outside.
Eric, Mike, Matt, Jared and the new guy came out. They noticed me and did nothing. Time to react!
I tapped Eric's shoulder, "Nice to see I don't get a hug from an old friend when I see them!"
He raised an eyebrow, then his eyes grew wide. "DANI!!!" He embraced me in his arms. "Oh my God!!!"
"Dani!?!" Mike questioned.
"Yupp! It's me!" I stated through Eric's grip.
They all, except the singer, joined in a group hug. I missed these guys.
"You have to stop this whole disappearing, then reappearing then. Seriously. It's getting weird," Matt said.
I sighed, "I know." I directed my attention to the singer. "Who's this?"
"Beau, our new singer. Beau, this is Dani...Craig's ex?" Eric introduced.
The words 'Craig's ex' sounded terrible. I wonder if Craig still loves me...
"Hello, Dani. Heard lots about you," he greeted.
I smiled, "Great to meet ya." I thought for a bit, then asked the guys, "Where are the girls? Haylee? Rose? Bella? Um, Mike? How are you doing after the whole...Courtney drama?”
He shrugged, "Nyeh, it's fine. I'm kinda over her."
“She was a bitch, anyways,” I replied.
He nodded, his head down. I came towards him with open arms. He smiled and we hugged for a bit. The memories of what went on between us flashed through my mind. That one night, it made everything fall apart. It was just a kiss.
"You all wanna go to Denny's?" Mike said.
We all shouted, "TO DENNY'S!!!"
I got into the van with the guys and I sat in the back next to Beau and Mike.
"Dani, what've you been up to?" Matt inquired as he drove.
I responded, "Well, I moved in with the A7X guys, they helped me with my depression and alcohol problem, then I moved out two months later to live with my coworker Shane."
"Cool...you haven't spoken to Craig?" he asked.
I sighed, "No...damn, I miss him. He never even got the whole story."
"Yeah. He left the band because, well...Mike told him why Courtney told Craig what happened with Joe, and he became a total dick...the band couldn't stay stable with him. Then Ronnie left ETF, after...ya know, Aaron died? But it's only 'cause he got into drugs after he passed away. Then Craig was invited in and accepted. Then we found Mr. Bokan over there," Eric explained the whole story.
Beau laughed, "Yeah. Crazy story. What'd you think?"
"I thought y'all rocked. Beau, you're an amazing singer."
He grinned, "Why thank you."
"Man, I've missed you guys so much. You all were my best friends in my senior year..."
"Dani, we've missed you, too. I'm so glad you're back," Mike smiled.
I thought back to all the memories we've had. Everything that's gone on.
Eric's Fashion Show... The dance... Ditching school... Relationships falling apart... That kiss that ruined it all... Touring... Life...
I felt tears come to my eyes. I quickly blinked them away. Life was passing me by.
"Eric?" I asked.
He turned around and inquired, "Hmm?"
"You still a model?"
"YEAH! I can STILL beat them chicks!!! ...don't throw a pillow at me!"
We all erupted into fits of laughter. Even Beau. Must've told him about the story.
I sighed, "I miss those days..."
"Man...I remember the day we met you, Craig kept on talking about you in Science or whatever it's called. It was...sweet...," Jared said.
I bit my lip, then replied, "And...the girls were obsessing over y'all...then that food fight...it was...hilarious."
I remember everything.
I yelled to Craig through the madness, "Some first day, huh?"
He laughed, "Yeah!"
He took some of the mashed potatoes I had and threw them at James, the captain of the football team, who is Jessica's boyfriend. The mashed potatoes hit him in the center of his butt-ugly face. I high-fived Craig while we both laughed our heads off. James wiped the potatoes off his face. He was furious. That kind of scared me. I didn't mind, I was with Craig; I was happy. I jumped at the sound of a whistle being loudly blown. Craig noticed my shock and set his hand my shoulder. He quickly removed his hand, probably thinking it was the wrong thing to do since we just met. I was perfectly fine with it.

When I stopped my flashback, Matt exclaimed, "We're HERE!!!!"
"Grand slam here I come!!!" Beau yelled.
I looked down at my hands, which were in my lap. All the guys walked out and went inside, except for Mike.
"Dani? You coming?" he inquired.
I looked up at him and he sat next to me. I quickly hugged him and he was confused at first, then put his arms around me.
"What's wrong?" he worried.
I shook my head, "Just...shh..."
He obeyed and stayed silent while I cried into his shirt. He pat my back softly.
"I miss him, Mike. I've missed all of you...," I sobbed.
He hugged me tighter. "It's okay...Dani...I'm really sorry,” he told me. “It's all my fault.”
I shook my head, “Please, don't say that. I've forgiven you.”
In all reality, I had no one to blame but myself. I fucked up. But, oh well, that was the past. Dammit. Now that I have things all back to normal with these guys, next up is the Escape The Fate show next month... Whether or not I want to actually go back stage and try to speak to him, I'm unsure...but I'm still going. I'll at least have the opportunity to go and settle things with him.
I just want everything back to normal.
♠ ♠ ♠
I've had this chapter written for MONTHS! I wrote it all out when I first started writing this story, because I wanted to and I knew it would be part of the story!
What do you all think?