The Story of a Soup Recipe

03

Angela was home after shopping for ingredients for the soup. It was almost done it just had to simmer for little more so that the potato pieces would absorb more of the cream sauce. She stuck her finger into the pot and tasted it. It was really good, but it missed a few things. A bit of garlic salt, maybe some carrots, and of course it needed chives at the very end because any kind of creamy soup needed little green things otherwise it can never be served. As Angela chopped her strands of chives very thin DB came in exhausted and slightly irritable.

“Alright, remind me why I’m being a photographer and not some rich lawyer.” She said savagely as she took of her favorite loose knit dark green beret that always sat slightly lopsided on her head. She set her new Nikon on the coffee table and looked at her new hair style. She had dyed her hair again and she was very pleased with the outcome. Her naturally blond hair was now very layered and shoulder length, and now periodically there were neon blue streaks throughout her layers. She grinned as she turned on the TV as Angela answered her question.

“You could argue to the death but you could never deal with all the research and dealing with a sniveling client who tells lies even to you, the person they’re paying to defend them. As you have told me numerous times.” Angela said as she finished adding the garlic salt and chives. She poured half into a bowl and handed it to DB whose brow furrowed at the new dish. “Just taste it.” Angela said shoving a spoon into her friends hand and watching closely as DB took a long gulp.

“This, is, spectacular, very well thought out in its preparation and execution.” DB said slowly grinning at her choice of words. “You know chives always make cream soups look better.” Angela laughed and nodded as she scooped the last of it for herself.

“Well I think this recipe is a hit, now I just have to find the guy that accidently gave it to me,” Angela chuckled as DB raised a curious eyebrow and she explained her encounter with the obviously late guy.

“Please tell me you did not go all preachy about apologizing and really made polite conversation making him think you to be incredible and quirky. Not a crazed girl who hates apologies and never listens to anyone.” DB begged looking forlornly at Angela who shrugged.

“Hey apologizes are for those who are either-”

“Dull or arrogant I know I know! But random people off the street will not understand your weird and slightly crazed rants about almost nothing because they don’t know that you’re just preparing for the next chapter of your story! By the way I haven’t finished editing the very last part can I see it?”

“No,” Angela sighed and closed her eyes and buried her head in a pillow, why hadn’t she actually looked at the papers she was picking up? Of course she was being smart with the guy that annoyed her. Lincoln his recipes said, she would hang out in the hall way till he came around tomorrow morning, she thought positively to herself as she explained her missing story.

“Ah well maybe he’ll edit it for me,” DB said grinning as she finished dinner and went to take a shower.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry I left if anyone is reading this I went on a huge super awesome Vacation.