Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

There's Truth In Your Lies

I walked sluggishly into Defense Against the Dark arts, I was late but I could really care less. Draco and I worked on the cabinet all night, and after Draco left I continued to work. I missed breakfast this morning in order to sleep a little more. So I was tired and hungry, these to things cause me to have a slightly snippy attitude.

I pushed my way into the class and took a seat near the front beside Hermione who gave me an odd look as she continued to write furiously on her paper.

“Miss Nethers if you would please approach my desk,” Snape’s voice drawled.
I scowled and stood up, walking over to Snape. I saw eyes on my while I walked but I ignored it.

I walked over to Snape and he stood up walking to the door, he opened it and I walked out.

“Be silent while I speak to Miss Nethers, anyone who is talking will serve detention with me,” Snape said, his voice sounding bored yet threatening. Snape closed the door and glared at me.

“I don’t know what exactly you and Draco are doing, but Miss Nethers you must not draw attention to yourself. Skipping breakfast and being late to class tends to do that,” He said through gritted teeth.

I sneered, “Leave it alone Severus, I know what to do and what not to do. You know this is not my first task.”

“You do not have the authority to call me anything but Professor Snape,” He growled.

I smirked, “Actually I do. As a fellow death eater I can do as I please.”

The last part I whispered harshly at him.

He glowered at me, “At least have the decency to pay attention in class.”

I snorted, “Defense against the dark arts? Why would I want to defend myself against myself Severus?”

I snorted and pushed past him walking back into class, I glanced at Snape to see him shaking his head a tiny smirk gracing his face.

“What did you tell him?” Hermione whispered to me as I sat down, I shook my head and muttered a nothing as I began to draw on my paper.

Time Elapse

I sat at the Slytherin table, pushing my food around the plate again. My appetite had completely just left me over the past couple days. My mind was conjuring spells that would be useful to fix the cabinet, although Draco had it fixed already I wanted to make sure it was done perfectly. Draco and I communicated less and less even though we spent nearly every night with each other making sure the cabinet was perfect. And this small fact hurt.

Draco was being extra snippy lately, he kept on saying how he was the chosen one, how the Dark Lord chose him to do this task. Truth be told, it was getting rather annoying.

“Your awfully quiet,” A voice chimed, making me jumped slightly.

I glanced to my left and noticed Blaise sitting beside me.

“Bloody hell,” I put my hand over my heart, “Give a bloody heart attack why don’t you Zabini?”

Blaise chuckled, “Sorry, just came to talk to you since you’ve isolated yourself from the world since Malfoy and you stopped talking. You’ve both look sick to your stomach and as if you both never sleep.”

I cringed but it seemed as if Blaise didn’t notice so he kept talking.

“You know he never talks to anyone anymore? Except Pansy,” He stated and I glowered, “But that’s only because if he doesn’t acknowledge her she throws a fit.”

I frowned, “Well maybe he should just tell her to step off.”

“Where have you been disappearing to?” Blasé asked and I froze.

“I don’t know what you mean,” I stated, putting on a straight face.

“I know you ditch class sometimes, where do you go?” He asked.

I fidgeted, “I just don’t feel like going to class anymore, alright Blaise? I have better things to worry about so I usually just hide out somewhere. Now if you’ll excuse me.”

With that I stood up, not even glancing back and made my way out of the Great Hall. I began wandering for a moment until I heard someone calling my name. I turned around and smiled and Harry.

“Hello Harry,” I smiled, “What can I do for you?”

Harry shrugged, “Nothing really, just wondering where you were headed off too.”

“Oh,” I said thinking of an excuse, “I was actually just going to go take a nap.”

“Oh, well I guess I’ll see you around then?” He asked, a small smile gracing his face.

I smiled and kissed his cheek, “Of course.”

With that began making my way to my dormitory, I turned around to see it Harry was still in view.

When I saw that he nor anyone else was looking I slipped away to the seventh floor and to the room of requirement. I walked into the room, my shoes patting on the floor.

I grabbed the piece of paper and feather from my pocket and placed it in the cabinet. I shut the cabinet and pointed my wand towards the cabinet.
I closed my eyes and muttered the spell, “Harmonia nectere passus.”

The cabinet made a noise, sounding as if it had gasped and I opened my eyes. Reaching over I opened the cabinet and saw that both items were gone, I smiled.
Part one was complete. I closed the cabinet and pointed my wand.

“Harmonia nectere passus,” my words were harsh whispers. I looked at the cabinet but it made no noise to show that my items appeared again.

“Harmonia nectere passus,” I said with gritted teeth and the cabinet made a gasp sound again. I opened the cabinet and say only my quill.
Part two failed.

I had to make sure that everything was sent between both cabinets. I sighed and laid down on a bench, throwing the quill on the floor. I rubbed my eyes and yawned.

Closing my eyes for a moment wouldn’t hurt. I got comfortable on the bench and closed my eyes. Sleep quickly devouring me.

“You will do nothing to embarrass me,” My father growled and I nodded, “This is an honor. Being the youngest death eater. Thank him, over and over.”

“Yes father,” I nodded as he paced back and forth in the room. Slowly the death eaters started to arrive and my nerves grew stronger with each one that appeared.
Lucius and Bellatrix took it upon themselves to talk to me.

“You should be so proud,” Bellatrix cooed, “The youngest death eater. And he’s already going to give you a task?”

Lucius nodded, “If only Draco were as lucky as you Alexandria.”

I nodded and let the lies spill from my mouth, “I do not doubt Draco’s abilities to be a death eater. And if the Dark Lord trust me he might trust Draco.”

Lucius smiled proudly at my words, “Yes, he might.”

“Alexandria!” My father boomed and I excused myself from Lucius and Bellatrix.

I spotted my father; standing next to him was the man who was going to ruin my future, Voldemort.

Voldemort smiled at me, “Hello darling.”

I bowed like my father told me to do, “Hello my Lord.”

“Do you know why today is so special?” He asked.

“Yes my Lord,” I said, keeping my chin up high. Trying to muster up pride.

“Now give me you arm,” He said holding his hand out, I lifted up my left arm.

“You swear to keep your word true to your Lord?” He asked me, “And when this war comes you will stay by side, die for me?”

I gulped, “I will my Lord.”

He smiled, “Good.”

And with that he put the wand to my forearm. I bit my lip hard as my arm burned and slowly a skull and snake began to appear. Voldemort smiled, enjoying my pain as I kept my posture, the only thing showing that I was in pain was my breathing and biting my lip till I bleed.

All I really remember after that is passing out from the pain and waking up the next day, my father smiling at me with pride.

“I’m so proud of you,” My father cooed at me, “Look how far you’ve gotten.”

I smiled at me father, he’s never shown so much pride in me before.

“You’re one of us now,” He smiled.

And those simple words, crushed me.


“Alexandria!”

I jumped up and gripped my arm with the dark mark, Draco was staring at me with curious eyes.

“Are you alright?” He asked, his thumb wiping across my cheeks and I flinched away. I wasn’t use to this contact with him anymore, and right now my mind was just everywhere.

“Ria, are you alright?” Draco asked,, his voice now dripping with worry.

“I… no… not really,” I muttered, clutching onto my arm, my nails digging into my skin as I remembered my father.

“Ria…Ria…Alexandria stop it!” Draco nearly yelled grabbing my hand and making me let go of my arm.

I snapped out of my day dream and looked at him, his face was contorted with hurt and worry as he gripped my hand. I looked down at my arm to see that I had dug my nails so deep it left a mark.

“What are you doing?” He asked me, “You’re scaring me.”

I pulled away from him, “Nothing Draco..”

Draco grabbed my shoulders roughly making me cringe, “No! Tell me Ria. What’s the matter with you? Why are you changing like this?!”

Again I pulled away, “I’m not changing Draco! Don’t you see it? You’re the one who
is changing! Not me!”

Draco took a stet back and looked at me, “Me? How am I changing?”

“We all know you’re the chosen one Draco and you act like you want to be,” I stated, “But I know you don’t want it. You don’t want to kill a man. Do you have any idea how hard it is to kill a man!?”

“Do you have any idea how hard it is!?” Draco challenged.

“I do Draco,” I muttered walking past him, bumping his shoulder, “As a matter of fact, I do.”

Again before I could walk away Draco grabbed me by the should and spun me around, his nose touching the tip of mine.

“Stop…walking away from me,” He whispered, his voice shaking with either hurt or rage. I couldn’t tell the difference.

“Then stop judging me,” I whispered back, the same tone in my voice, “I can see it in your eyes Draco. You’re judging me.”

Draco took a step back shaking his head, “No I’m not. You should know I would never do that!”

“But you are! Ever since you found out about the dark mark all I see is judgment!” I said to him, “I don’t need my best friend judging me too.”

“Can’t you see I’m not judging you? I’m just worried about you!” Draco argued.

I let a tear roll down my cheek and I shook my head, “No you’re not.”

“Yes I am!” He nearly yelled as he grabbed my arm and lifted the sleeve of my robe roughly, “I don’t care about that. That means nothing to me!”

“But it does Draco,” I muttered, “I know it does. It means something to everyone.”

Draco sighed, “But I’m not just anyone, I’m Draco Malfoy – your best friend.”
♠ ♠ ♠
nly recieved one comment on he last chapter, come on! 80 subscribers and only 1 comment? So now I'm going to ask for at least 3. Please? I work hard on these updates, and it's nice to get some feedback.
This chapter is for Nymphetamine.Girl since she was my only commentor. :)

xoxo,
Alexa.