Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

Can I Regain What's Lost Inside



Draco and I haven’t spoken since the night in the Room of Requirement. We spend separate times working on the cabinet. But Draco was the one mostly working on it now that I was spending more time with Harry. I sighed and rubbed my temples as I sat in the Great Hall, I sat between Hermione and Harry as they we’re chatting aimlessly about heading to Hogsmead tomorrow. It was Friday and I had to talk to Snape. The more I thought about my task the more worried I became. Harry’s feelings toward Ginny we’re becoming obvious but I could tell he was beginning to like me as well. Just not as much as Ginny.

“Would you like to come with us?” Harry asked me, a smile on his face. I smiled gracefully at him, “That would be lovely.”

“Brilliant, we’ll all set out tomorrow then,” Harry grinned and looked at Hermione and Ron.

“Alex, mind if I talk to you for a bit?” Hermione stated, smiling softly ,”Privately.”

I tensed slightly, but nodded my head. I stood up and follower Hermione out of the room, not before shooting a warning glance at Draco who seemed to tense in the corner of the room as he sat by himself. Once me and Hermione we’re out of the Great Hall we stepped aside and out of earshot.

“What do you think you’re playing at Alex?” she asked me and I looked at her playing stupid.

“What do I think I’m playing at? What the bloody hell are you talking about?” I asked her, furrowing my eyebrows.

“Why are you trying to split up Ginny and Harry?” She asked harshly and I almost let out a sigh of relief that she wasn’t onto me being a death eater.

I feigned sadness, “Oh… are they… together?”

Hermione seemed to notice my ‘sadness’, “Well…no.”

“Then how am I trying to split them up?” I asked her, “I really like Harry, and if you don’t see that I do… maybe I should just hang out on my own for a bit.”

I walked away from Hermione and into the Great Hall, Ron and Harry giving me curious looks. I feigned a sad smile and gathered my books.

“I’m going to go for now,” I told them and walked away, “See you later.”

I began walking out of the Great Hall; a smirked graced my face as I heard Harry whisper harshly at Hermione asking her what she said to upset me. I shot Draco a look, my eyes motioning for the exit of the Great Hall. He seemed to get this hint because he stood up as well and dismissed himself from Pansy who was clinging off of his arm. I began making my way toward Snape’s room, not paying attention to Draco’s long strides to catch up with me. He was taller than me so this wouldn’t be difficult for him to catch up. He stood at a tall 6’1 while my small frame was only 5’5.
I knocked on Snape’s door and let myself in without allowing him to answer and then closed it, signaling to Draco to wait a moment before entering the room.

“Severus,” I said his name softly, my voice actually showing real fear.

Snape looked up at me, his eyebrows raising in curiosity, “Yes Miss Nethers?”

“I have a question,” I muttered, “You know of my task..correct?”

“Yes, to make Potter fall in love with you,” He stated, “Why?”

“The Dark Lord… he said Potter would die to protect someone he loves…” I stated, “I’m in danger myself aren’t I?”

Snape sighed and shut the book he was reading, “Yes Miss Nethers, you are in danger. The Dark Lord plans to use you as bait to drag Potter in. He believes you have nothing to live for since your mother –”

“Don’t finish that sentence Severus,” I growled, “I have everything to live for!”

“Really Miss Nethers,” Snaped mused, “Because you don’t want to be a death eater. Your mother was murdered and you despise your own father… tell me what s still keeping you alive?”

My thoughts ran towards Draco and I clenched my fists, “I think you know Severus.”

“If I knew why would I ask,” He challenged and I whipped around, and walked out of the room, slamming the door behind me. Draco jumped back from the door and I realized he was listening in.

“How are you in danger?” He spat at me, making me cringe.

“Nothing, that’s not important,” I stated, brushing my shoulder against his as I began walking down the hall. Like a couple nights ago Draco grabbed my shoulder roughly and spun me around.

His lips were curled in a sneer speaking slowly as if I were a child, “Tell me Alexandria. Why are you in danger because of Potter?”

I pulled myself away from him and sneered back, “Don’t speak to me like if I’m a child Draco.

“Why did you tell me to follow you anyway? You wanted me to hear what you we’re going to say!” He challenged.

“No I did not, I actually wanted to talk to you about something but nevermind now,” I scowled, “It’s not important.”

“It’s not important,” Draco mocked me and now people began to stare as us as we stalked down the hall.

“Nothing is important to you anymore Alexandria,” He fought, “Nothing! Not your father, not me, not yourself.”

“Don’t you dare say that!” I yelled at him, “Don’t you ever say I don’t care when you know damn well I do!”

“No you don’t!” Draco argued his voice rising, “You don’t bloody show it! You act like you don’t even care about your own mother!”

By now Draco and I were surrounded by people, everyone whispering harshly at the other as the ‘Prince and Princess’ of Slytherin fought with each other. It must have been a sight to see considering we never raised our voices at each other, and in my entire life that I had known him we’ve never fought like this before.

But he brought up my mother, no one knew my mother death except Dumbledore, Snape, The Malfoy’s, my father and myself.

I fumed my voice lowering making it sound threatening, “I do care, and you of all people should know that!”

“You don’t act like you care at all,” He laughed without humor, “Not me, nor your father, nor your dead mother.”

The people are us gasped out and my mouth fell open as a tear rolled down my cheek, “How dare you!”

“Admit it! You don’t care Alexandria!” He yelled at me, throwing his arms up in the air, “You don’t care that your own mother was murdered by he-who-must-not-be-named!”

That’s when the whispered started and by the look on Draco’s face, I knew he immediately regretted what he had said.

I shook my head and walked backwards and away from Draco. His face covered with sadness and remorse. I glanced at the faces around me and saw pity in everyone’s eyes. Pity. I shook my head and turned around, I sprinted out of the hallways and ignored everyone’s calls.

Third Persons

Everyone watched as Alexandria’s face dropped after Draco announced that the Dark Lord had killed her mother. The audience whispered amongst themselves, talking about why the girl was so bitter.

Draco on the other hand was filled with, once the words left his mouth he realized he had lost his best friend… his only friend. He watched as tears began to leak from Alexandria’s eyes and his heart gave a painful squeeze, he stepped forward wanting to comfort her. She took a step backwards, away from him. When he stepped forward again she turned and ran. The people in her way splitting apart like the red sea did for Moses.

Draco called out Alexandria’s name and was going to run after her but Blaise held him back. He felt as if the world was moving in slow motion as he saw her run away from him, her robes and hair waving behind her wildly. He struggled against Blaise for a minute, yelling Alexandria’s name with all the emotion he could muster. Goyle held him down along with Crabbe as Blaise released him.

“Let her go.” Draco heard Blaise’s voice, but he sounded as if he were miles away from him.

Draco cried out her name one last time, his voice cracking. Everyone looked away, most because they actually felt sorry for Draco and other because they couldn’t bare to look at him for doing that to Alexandria.

Draco stopped fighting and stood limply, gazing at the spot his best friend ran away in, tears in her eyes. Those tears only escaping her eyes because of what he said. It was all his fault.

Draco pushed away from his ‘friends’ and stomped away from the crowd. Slowly everyone migrated away from each other and began gossiping about what had just happened. The new traveled quickly and it wasn’t long before the ‘Golden Trio’ heard about it.

“You should of seen Draco!” Seamus exclaimed, “He looked completely broken. Serves him right though, after treating poor Alex like that. She burst into tears. Why would the bloke even say she didn’t care about her own dead mother? Yet her mother who was murdered by you-know-who.”

Harry looked at Seamus, “Wait…her mother was killed by Voldemort?”

Seamus nodded, “Draco just told half the school. I guess she wanted it to be a secret considering no one knew.”

Draco stepped into the Room of Requirement, hastily looking around for any sign of Alexandria. When he saw none he began throwing a fit; He whipped around and smashed his fist into the nearest wall and anything set on a table was thrown on the floor, and furniture was being tossed. After half the room was thrown in disarray. Draco slid down next to the vanish cabinet.

He hid his face in his hands, and his breathing became heavier and heavier.

Eventually Draco’s voice broke and he erupted in loud painful sobs. His heart aching with the most pain he’s ever felt before.

Alexandria locked herself in the room, she knew no one would bother her here. No one ever came here. She locked herself in an old abandoned potions room. She slid down the door and looked blankly ahead of her, tears spilling from her eyes.

She brought her fist up and smashed it loudly and painfully to the floor as she cried out in pain.

Not the pain from her hand but from the pain in her heart. Her best friend betrayed her, she felt as if Snape was right. She didn’t have anything to live for anymore.
♠ ♠ ♠
:D Thank you guys soo much for the feedback on the last chapter! I got so much more than hat I asked for. This chapter is one of the most important ones in the entire story so feedback on th one would be MUCH appreciated. :} OH! And the song is at th begining beause I thought t should be layed while reading this chapter. :3

xoxo,
Alexa.