Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

Dazed and Confused for so Long

No one had heard from Alexandria all weekend, Draco chose to stay in the common room during the day and at night he would disappear to the room of requirements. Alexandria remained in the room for both days, most of the time she slept and the rest of the time she wept quietly.
Draco’s word hurt worse than the crucio curse itself. It was now Sunday night and Alexandria was walking back to her dormitory. It was late, so everyone in the house was asleep already. She had just exited the prefects bathroom after taking a long bath.
She walked inside the room and took off her dirty robes. She dressed in her pj’s and snuggled into bed.

She didn’t get any sleep that night.

The next morning Alexandria woke up before the other girls in her room did, she dressed in her robes and grabbed all the supplies that she needed, which included her books, wand and a small knife that she slipped into her pocket. She looked in the mirror and frowned, her face was pale and her eyes looked emptier than the eyes of a dead man. She sighed and turned away making her way to Madame Pomfrey. After Alexandria received a long lecture on why it was not okay to nearly shatter her knuckles, Madame Pomfrey used simple magic to heal the cuts and slight bruising on Alex’s hand.

Alexandria slowly walked out of the hospital wing and made her way to the Great Hall, students we’re giving her looks. Some we’re of pity, others of curiosity while and some were of disgust. She ignored all the looks and let her eyes stare in front of her, her chin up trying to muster up all the courage she had. She walked into the Great Hall and it seemed as if all eyes we’re on her. The room quieted and the only sound heard was the sound of Alexandria’s footsteps as she glided to the Slytherin table.
Some people began to whisper about her while others glanced between her and Draco Malfoy to see any sign of communication.

Draco looked up to Alexandria walk into the Great Hall, voices hushed and whispered amongst each other and Draco just stared. Her eyes we’re dull and it appeared as if the life was just sucked out of her. Draco glared at anyone who even muttered Alexandria’s name.

Harry Potter sat across the room as he watched Alexandria enter the Great Hall. She walked over and sat at the end of the Slytherin table, people scooted away from her as if she has some sort of virus.

“Harry what are you doing?” Hermione whispered harshly at him as he began to stand up.

“I’m going go talk to her,” He whispered back, “I know what it’s like to feel alone. And Malfoy was her best friend, any git could see that they we’re clearly in love.”

Harry of coursed love Alexandria and would protect her, but it was not like the love she shared with Draco. Yes, even Harry Potter saw this love. But he loved Alexandria like a sister, for his heart was truly with Ginny.
“Why? Can’t you see she wants to be left alone,” Hermione stated.

“No she doesn’t,” Harry shook his head standing up, “No one wants to be alone.”
Harry walked over to the Slytherin table; most of the Slytherins shooting him dirty looks. Draco watched curiously and enviously as Harry Potter walked over to Alexandria Nethers.

Harry sat down and Alexandria looked at him with curious eyes.

“Hello Alexandria,” Harry smiled softly.

“Hello Harry,” Alexandria replied, her voice sounding flat and emotionless, “What can I do for you?”

“Nothing, nothing at all,” Harry shook his head, “I just wanted to talk to you is all.”

Alexandria nodded, “What about Harry?”

“Are.. are you alight?” Harry asked frowning.

“Of course, why wouldn’t I be?” She asked, her voice softening as her thoughts drifted to Draco.

“The entire school knows Alex,” Harry stated, “About your mum and… Voldemort.”

Alexandria frowned, “I know Harry. I was in the middle of that spat Draco and I had.”

“It was more than a spat Alexandria and you know that,” Harry frowned.

Alexandria sighed, “I know.”

“But,” Harry said his voice lowering, “He’ll come around. Even I know you’ll eventually forgive him.”

Alexandria didn’t sneer, nor did she deny what Harry had said. Instead she stood up from her seat.

“Care to walking with me to potions Harry?” She asked, picking up her books.

“Sure,” Harry smiled and stood up, Harry glanced across the table to see each Slytherin giving him an evil look, Harry’s eyes found Draco’s and for a moment they’re was a flicker in Draco’s eyes that proved Harry’s thoughts right.

Draco Malfoy was definitely in love with Alexandria Nethers.

The look in Draco’s eyes quickly vanished and he sneered at Harry, Harry returned the sneer with a glare and walked away from the Slytherin table, casually putting his arm around Alexandria’s shoulders.

------__________--------_______________--------______
Alexandria stirred her potion, Harry standing beside her occasionally sending her a worried glance. Hermione was curious as to why Alexandria was acting so numb. And Ron was worried about his friend.

Draco kept on glancing at her, shame showing in his eyes. But the only person who really noticed this shame was Alexandria. He hid his emotions well, and the “villain” he was for the first 5 years came back again.

After each of her classes Alexandria had her final class which was a free period. She knew Draco had a class at this time so she decided to go check up on the vanishing cabinet.

She snuck up to the seventh floor and into the room of requirement. If Draco knew she was here he would know that she still cared about him and that she forgave him so she was being as careful as she could. If he knew he would be so easily forgiven she was afraid he would stomp on her heart like this all the time. She walked over to the cabinet and ran her fingers against the carvings on it. She reached into her pocket and placed the knife into the cabinet. It was the only small thing she could find in her room at the time so she grabbed it. The knife was small and thin, the handle was made of fine cherry wood and ‘A. Nethers’ was engraved on it

She closed the cabinet and whispered the spell, once the knife disappeared Alexandria stepped back for a moment. She lifted her wand and before she could say the spell to bring her knife back she noticed the compass bracelet on her arm, the compass pointing towards the entrance of the room of requirement.

Alexandria cursed to herself softly as she ran out of the room, her wrist caught something and she yanked it away hearing small beads clink to the floor.

She cursed and quickly picked up the beads and charms of the bracelet Harry had given her for Christmas and rushed out of the room.

Draco entered the room not a minute after Alexandria left, looking at the necklace with confusion as it now pointed in the opposite direction. Draco sighed and walked into the room, looking around to any sign of Alexandria.

As he was walking by the vanishing cabinet he noticed something glimmer from the floor. Slowly he leaned down to pick up the small charm.
He lifted it in the air to examine it; it was a small witch hat charm and he knew that it was from the bracelet Potter gave Alexandria.

Draco smiled softly and realized that she still cared for him, she probably never stopped caring. But he knew he couldn’t talk to her until she was ready.

And he would do anything for her, even if that meant waiting.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry the chapter is so short. :3 It's mostly a filler. I'm sick so I'm not really inspired to write at the moment. But hopefully this was good. :3
Thank you all so much for the comments<3

xoxo
Alexa