Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

A Trail of Blood

I was sitting on my bed, my knees pulled up to my chest and my chin resting on them (my knees). After Draco confessed his love for me he brushed past me and out of the room. I stood frozen for a moment and then slowly made my way back to my dorm.
So now, I sit here thinking what would I have done if Draco didn’t walk away? I frowned thinking that either way Draco would have walked away. I never really put much thought to how Draco made me feel, or how Draco felt about me. I cared about him with every fiber of my being, he meant more to me than my own father.

He was the only one who made me feel safe, he was the only one who knew how to read my feelings like an open book and I loved that he was able to do that.
I loved a lot of things about Draco. The way he grows easily frustrated when he’s proven wrong. I love that he won’t show when he’s truly afraid because he’s afraid it will hurt his pride. I love how I’m the only person he’s ever really talked to about his feelings. I love how he always feels the need to protect me. I love how when he smiles at me his eyes shine with a hidden joy. I love how when another boy looks at me he becomes defensive. I love a lot of things about Draco Malfoy.

But the one thing I never realized, up until this moment, was that I was in love with Draco Malfoy. I was in love with my best friend, and I’ve been stupid not to realize t up until now.

Time Elapse

“Any idea where Draco’s been for the last two days?” Blaise asked me, as I drank some pumpkin juice.

I shook my head, “No, I haven’t seen him at all actually.”

“I’ve seen him a couple times in class, but that’s about it,” Blaise stated and I nodded, I have seen Draco in class but everytime I’m about to make conversation with him I either get hushed by a teacher or someone else decides to talk to me.

I was about to say something to Blaise but someone had tapped my shoulder. Blaise and I turned around in our seats to see a young first year Slytherin shyly looking at me.

“Um, Professor Snape said he would like to see you, he’s in his classroom,” The boy muttered.

“Oh,” I raised my eyebrows, “Uh, thank you.”

The boy nodded and scurried off and I sighed, rubbing my temples. Blaise chuckled, “Good luck with Snape.”

I sneered at him a little and stood up gathering my books, grumbling under my breath I made my way towards Snape’s room.

I knocked on his door and made my way in, not bothering to hear a response.

“Miss Nethers, shut the door and take a seat,” Snape drawled as he scribbled on a piece of paper. Grumbling under my breath some more and sat on top of the table, slumping my shoulders.

“That’s not what I had in mind when I meant take a seat Miss Nethers,” He muttered, glaring at me for a moment and then writing a final sentence.

“Could you please cut the Miss Nethers stuff?” I asked rolling my eyes, “My name is Alexandria, or Alex.”

Snape rolled his eyes, “Yes, Alexandria the Dark Lord wanted me to relay a message to you about what will be done after next week when Bellatrix and the others are here.”

I cringed slightly, “What is to be done?”

“First off, you know Potter’s birthday don’t you?” He asked.

“Yes, of course…why?” I asked.

“Well Potter has a- ”

“Yes, yes I know about the charm or what not that protects him,” I said waving my hand around.

Snape rolled his eyes, “The Dark Lord is assuming Potter is going to go to a safe house. We don’t know where yet but when he travels there the Dark Lord has plans to ambush him.”

“Why are you telling me?” I asked him confused.

“You’re a death eater,” He stated as if it was obvious.

“But... wait does Draco know about this?” I asked him, my voice still holding utter confusion.

“Not at the moment, but he will,” Snape stated, “But he will not be involved in it like you will Alexandria.”

“W-What?” I stammered, “Involved?”

“I’ve already told you too much, the Dark Lord will explain the rest,” He stated, “I just wanted to warn you so you won’t be completely shocked when given this task.”

I nodded feeling numb and began to walk out of the room.

“And Alexandria,” Snape called and I turned around to look at him, “Don’t mention this to Mister Malfoy just yet.”
I nodded again and left his classroom making my way back to the Great Hall. I saw Ron and Hermione sitting together and Harry sitting across from them. I sat next to Harry, looking dazed.

“Are you alright?” Ron asked me.

I shook my head and rubbed my temples, “Lets just say I talked to Snape right now.”

“Sorry to hear that,” Hermoine frowned, “What did he say?”

“He just rambled on about how I should e playing more attention and doing my homework,” I lied easily, “But his voice is enough to give me a bloody headache sometimes.”

Harry seemed focused on his book to even notice what I was talking about. I tried glancing too see it but he closed it once Hermione whispered his name harshly.

Harry and I looked up and Hermione leaned forward whispering, “That’s Katie.”

Harry looked confused for a moment and Hermione continued, “Katie Bell.”

He turned around and Katie was walking by, quickly he picked up the book and ran after her.

“So what are you doing sitting at the Gryffindor table? You’re a Slytherin, won’t they all call you a blood traitor.” Ron asked, his eyebrows raising in amusement.

I smirked softly, “Since when did I ever care what they thought of me?”

“Right, the only opinion you care about is Malfoy’s,” Ron rolled his eyes and I visibly cringed.

“Ronald!” Hermione scolded waking his arm.

I shrugged and glanced at Harry who was walking quickly in my direction. I looked at to where he was quickly walking towards to see Draco walking away.

“Alex,” Hermione called my name curiously and I looked at her, my heart aching with a bad feeling.
“Yes?”

“Why is your bracelet…glowing?” She asking, pointing her index finger towards my bracelet.

I looked at it and saw that the compass was glowing brightly, brighter than the last time.

“I-I’ve got to go to detention with Snape,” I managed to say and got up quickly and ran out of the Hall. I bumped and pushed past students who were walking in and followed the compass which was frantically pointing the way, the arrow shaking ever so slightly as I ran.

My heart was thudding so violently against my chest I thought it would leave a permanent mark.

I made it to an empty hallway and heard a loud crashing noise coming from the prefect bathroom. I ran faster and into the bathroom. My feet splashed in puddles of water and I saw that the mirrors were smashed and water was pouring from pipe lines.

“Sectumsempra!” I heard a voice that sounded like Harry’s ring. I tensed.

That was Severus’ spell, no one should know about that one.

I ran to where I heard Harry call the spell and once I saw Draco, my eyes began to well up with tears.

“No!” I yelled and threw myself on the floor next to Draco’s bleeding body.

Harry stuttered some words but I ignored him and gripped Draco’s hand as tightly as I could.

He was coughing and seemed like he was trying to catch his breath.

"Draco," I muttered his name, "Draco, listen to me. You're going to be alright. Draco-"

His eyes began to roll to the back of his head and I began to panic.

"Draco," I cried, "Don't leave me, please... please."

Snape rushed in and shoved his way past Harry, they exchanged a glance and Snape pushed me away from Draco and began to heal his wounds with the counter curse.

“Vulnera Sanentur,” He repeated over and over. Draco’s blood that was mixed in with the water seemed to recede back to his body. After that Snape picked him and began walking out. I quickly followed him through the empty hallway, not caring if I was dripping wet from the water and from the tears.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry it's short again. o.o
Comments would be loved<3
Not much to say about this chapter...uhm... yeah. :X

xoxo, Alexa.