Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

Voices With Nothing To Say

Everyone sat in the Great Hall, talking and catching up with one another. Blaise sat to my right, and there was an empty seat to my left which was for Draco. Pansy sat across from Blaise chatting with another Slytherin girl.

“I spy a Malfoy,” Blaise stated as Draco walked towards the table and took a seat by me. From the look on his face he seemed torn between being upset and worried. I’m pretty sure I was only who caught this because Pansy started a ‘flirtatious’ conversation with Draco.

Draco seemed to be in his own world and Pansy took notice he wasn’t listening to she continued her conversation with the other Slytherin girl.

I nudged Draco with my shoulder and gave him a curious look, of all the people I knew. Draco was the only one who could read my emotions like an open book, and I could usually tell how he was feeling. But Draco hid his emotions well, that’s one thing we had in common – so I never understood how he could read my feelings so easily.

This is why we were best friends, not just because we were both the most feared Slytherins in Hogwarts, or because we were both pure bloods. We were best friends because he was there for me from the very start – even if I didn’t like him when we were younger. He knew my biggest secret that I wouldn’t dare tell anyone.
But it seemed as if he and I were drifting apart and I didn’t like it at all. I needed him the most right now and from the looks of it he needed me.
But he wasn’t letting me in, he wasn’t letting me help. But I guess this is why we’re friends, because as I look at sitting next to me right now I know my eyes are filled with the same emotions as his. Upset and worried.
Draco looked at me and frowned, letting out an exasperated sigh he spoke softly.

“We’ll talk later Ria.”

I nodded lightly and let my mind wander to the past years I’ve spent at Hogwarts.

I stepped into the Great Hall, following all of the first years. The first person I meet was Blaise and he was walking directly in front of me. My nerves we’re bouncing around like fireworks and my stomach felt like butterflies were swarming around. We were all seated and Dumbledore began to speak. I glanced warily around the room and noticed students standing up one by one to the front of the Hall.
I turned to Blaise, “What’s going on?”
Blaise turned his head and spoke to me, his eyes not leaving the front of the room, “Sorting has begun. We get to find out which house we belong to.”
I nodded and slowly, a woman stated she would call our names and we would be called up to the sorting hat.

I paid no mind to which house each student was going to until I heard my name being called.

“Alexandria Nethers!”

Slowly, I let out a deep breath and brushed past the small crowd of first years and made my way up to the chair. I sat down and the hat was placed on my head. My heart began to race rapidly and the hat spoke.

“Hmmm, your rather different are you?” The hat spoke, “Brave, very brave. But…”

I gulped and twiddled my fingers together on my lap.

“You very secretive I see, and have a brilliant and manipulative mind,” The hat hummed, “Slytherin!”

The students at the Slytherin table cheered loudly and I let out a breath I didn’t even realize I was holding. Hastily I jumped off the chair and made my way to the Slytherin table sitting next to another first year Slytherin boy. I gained random hand shakes, high fives and pats on the back from older Slytherins. I smiled and sighed with content.

“Draco Malfoy!”

I looked towards the front of the Great Hall, my father told me about the Malfoy’s. I knew my father and this Draco’s father were the best of friends. But they never set up for us to formally meet. My father told me that we would get along, or he told me that we should.

Draco Malfoy sat on the stood and right as the hat was to be set on his head it shouted, “Slytherin!”

My eyebrows raised, the hat didn’t even touch his head.

The boy had a smug look plastered on his face as the people sitting at the table greeted him. He smirked at each one and took a seat beside me.

He jumped into a conversation with other Slytherins and I sat back and, being my usual self, began to day dream.

“Hey!”

I blinked a couple times and stared at the fingers that we’re being snapped in front of me, I followed the arm and noticed it was the Malfoy boy.

“You alright there? Don’t hurt yourself thinking to hard,” He smirked, his goon’s beside him laughing.
I rolled my eyes, “I’m surprised to know what thinking is, I bet you don’t do it much.”

Malfoy sneered at me which I nicely returned.

“You think you’re better than me?” I asked him.

“I know I’m better than you,” He shot back.

I laughed, “Fool. You are not greater than I am, but you are no less either.”

He eyed me curiously as if I were setting him up for a big joke, “So what are you saying, we’re equals?”

I shrugged my small shoulders, “Sure.”

“How do I know you’re not a filthy mudblood?” He sneered.

I narrowed my eyes at him, “I am not what you refer to as a ‘mudblood’, I’m as pure as you are.”

“How am I supposed to believe you?”

“My father is Zander Nikolai Nethers, your fathers best friend,” I rolled my eyes.

His mouth made an ‘o’ shape and he smiled at me, “Well then, I think we’ll get along fine…?”

“Alexandria,” I stated smiling crookedly at him.

“I’m Draco, nice to meet you Alexandria,” he smiled.


I jumped slightly when I noticed Draco was snapping his fingers in front of my face and I noticed the feast had started. I blinked a couple times and shook my head mumbling a ‘sorry.’

Blaise chuckled, “You always were a day dreamer Alex. Ever since first year you would stare into nothing and just… well, day dream.”

I smiled, “Well, it’s just something I do and have always done.”

Pansy snorted and I glared at her.

“Have something to say Pansy?” I asked feigning sweetness.

She looked at me, “Only childs day dream, you really should grow up and act your own age Alexandria.”

I rolled my eyes, “Because you sure do know what acting your own age is like, right Pansy? You don’t even act your own age so if I were you I’d shut my trap.”

Pansy scoffed at me and turned away.

A wicked smile played across my lips and I heard Draco chuckle.

“You really should be nicer,” he stated picking at his food.

“Why not take your own advice Draco?” I smiled.

“So what’s on your mind Nethers?” He smiled at me.

“You first Malfoy,” I challenged, and he rolled his eyes.

“Why must you be so stubborn Ria?” He sighed.

“It’s runs in my blood Draco,” I stated blandly.

“We’ll talk after dinner, we’ll go to the common room.”

I nodded and returned to my food. Draco and I were the only ones at the Slytherin table who were not joining in on any conversations.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alexandria Nethers

Chapter 2. :) This story is going to develope rather slowly so please bare with me? This is just a small backround on Alexandria and Draco's relationship as friends. Comments are loved.

xoxo,
Alexa