Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

Tear Down The Wall

I sighed as I walked into the hospital wing of the school. Draco was lying his the hospital bed, as stiff as a board. Snaps said he will be unconscious for a few days and that I had to make sure that the cabinet was complete.

I sighed as I walked over and sat by Draco’s bed, he looked peaceful as he slept. The one motion in his body was the simple rise and fall of his chest. I grasped his hand and held onto it tightly, rubbing my thumb across the top of his hand. The door of the nurses office opened and Harry walked in. I gave an incredulous look and he shoved his hands in his pockets.

"I don't really think Malfoy would fancy we being near him after I -"

"I understand," I said smiling softly as I stood up and followed him out the door.

"You haven't been to class in the past couple of days," Harry noted and I shrugged.

"Haven’t really felt like going," I stated nonchalantly.

We turned the corner and walked into the Great Hall where everyone seemed to be eating dinner already.

"Join us," Harry stated nodding his head toward Ron and Hermione.

I shrugged, "Sure Harry."

We walked over and I sat next to Harry.

"Hello Alex," Hermione smiled warmly at me and I returned it smiling softly at her.

My thoughts buzzed quickly around in my head, as I thought about this being my real last day at Hogwarts. Tomorrow Bellatrix, Greyback and the other death eaters will set foot in this school. And if Draco doesn’t wake up… I would have to kill Dumbledore.

I was snapped from my thoughts when Harry nudged me with his shoulder, a curious look on his face.

“Something on your mind?” He asked.

I sighed and rubbed my temples, “Yes, there is actually. And I want to tell you all something since I won’t be seeing you around…”

“You’re speaking as if it’s your last day here,” Hermione chuckled nervously and I shrugged.

“My father is thinking about pulling me out of Hogwarts,” I lied.
“That’s not fair!” Hermione argued, “You’ve been here since first year…”

I nodded, “I know, but listen alright? I’ll start with you Hermoine. Remember… just remember that all the answers can be found in a book. All of them.”

She nodded looking at me curiously.

“Ron,” I looked at him, “Tell the twins I said hello.”

He smiled, “You were like their best friend, of course. They always use to boast to mum and dad how they were best friends with the Slytherin Princess.”

“Tell them I miss them with all my heart,” I chuckled lightly, “And I hope to see them soon. And Ron… Your chance will fade away soon if you don’t move quick.”

His ears flushed a red colour as did his cheek, silently giving me a looking asking how I knew.

I turned to Harry and smiled, “Harry Potter, there’s one thing I want to ask of you. And one thing I promise you.”

“What is it?” He asked, his voice laced with curiosity.

“I’m going to promise to protect you, I know you don’t understand now…but you will,” I said, “All of you- But if that means risking Draco’s life. I will not. If it means risking my life… I will.”

They all frowned with confusion.

“And Harry… I want you to promise me you will protect me in return,” I stated, “To the best of your ability.. promise me.”

“I promise,” he said, his voice so certain that I believed him. I really believed him.

I stood up, “Thank you. I should go see Draco now.”

I turned to walk away but before I did I turned around, “Two more things… One, don’t judge me. You may not now but you will. And two… know that it was never my choice.”

And with that I turned and walked away towards the hospital wing of the school.

Once I reached the room I walked to Draco’s side and sat down in the empty chair. MY gaze was empty as I stared ahead, looking at whatever was in front of me. I held Draco’s hand and closed my eyes.

I began to quietly sob, tomorrow was going to be hell. And if I didn’t want to be a death eater now, I was going to have to get over it and accept the fact that I am not on the good side. I am not on Potters side as much as I want to be. As much as I want to fight for what is good, and fight for what my mum believed in instead of what my father thought was right. I wish I had the courage to stand up to Voldemort and tell him that I think he is scum and he deserves the most painful death for what he did to my mother.

But I can’t, my fate was chosen the day the skull and snake were placed on my left forearm. The day my father told me I was to be the youngest death eater. The day I was forced to almost kill a man if Severus had not stepped in and helped me.

I was not on the good side, even though I truly wanted to be. I was chosen to be with evil and I didn’t belong there. As a Slytherin I was not supposed to be on the Dark Lords side. But I had too. My fate was sealed and when the war starts I know that I will go against my friends, my fellow students, fellow wizards and teachers. I will have to put all of my morals aside.

But the one thing I will not do is let the Dark Lord live. Because even if it kills me, Harry Potter will live in the end. He will always be The Boy Who Lived.

And if Draco's life is on the line, I will step in and give my own. I will do that for anyone who deserves to live.

Even if that means for a stranger. I know this might make me sound like a Gryffindor, but I'm not. I will manipulate each and every death eater, I will walk around like I know what I'm doing and show no fear. I will scowl at death, and I will be a traitor to all the man I made a vow too.

Two people will survive this war, even if it means my own life.

Harry Potter and Draco Malfoy.
♠ ♠ ♠
Short I know! I'm sorry. :3 Well next chapter should be out tomorrow. :3 Comments are loved<33 There's about two more chapters left!

xoxo,
Alexa