Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

They Took For Granted Your Soul.

As soon as dinner was over the students emptied out of The Great Hall slowly, catching up with friends from the same house and also different houses.
I walked out of the Hall, some students clear the path so I could walk while others just dilly dally on. I don’t really care what people think of me, I only care what my friends think of me. Even though I come off as mean to some people who don’t know me at all, the ones who know me know I’m a good person at heart. But if someone does something that I don’t like – there will be hell to pay. As I was walking down the hall I managed to bump into someone making them tumble a bit, but not completely fall.

“My apologies,” I stated as I looked at the person.

“No worries Nethers,” Harry Potter answered and I smiled lightly.

One thing Draco and I didn’t agree on was Harry Potter and the ‘Golden Trio.’ I never fully understood why Draco hated them so much, I wasn’t there good friend. But I was a friend. But f I had to choose a side – Harry or Draco – I would always choose Draco, even if he’s wrong.

“How was your summer Potter?” I asked, students walking past us. The first years looked at me and Harry, most people usually tell the first years that I’m the girl to watch out for.

“It was good, it was good,” Harry smiled, “How was your summer?”

I shrugged and set my gaze to the people walking by, “It was rather eventful but alright.”

Harry nodded a confused look on his face, “Well, at least you get to get away and be at Hogwarts. I know how much you enjoy being at this school.”

I chuckled, “Yes, that’s a plus--”

I was going to continue but someone roughly grabbed my upper arm and dragged me away.

“I don’t want to see you talking to her again Potter!” Draco yelled as he lead me to the common room.

I scowled at Draco and waved goodbye to Harry.

“What’s your bloody problem today Draco?!” I nearly bellowed once we were in the common room. A couple students who were in the room look curiously at us but I didn’t care.

Draco looked at me and scowled, “Whats my problem? What the hell are you doing talking to that wanker Potter?!”
“I nearly bumped him to the ground! I apologized and then we began to talk briefly until you came up on your high horse and dragged me away! And don’t call him a wanker!” I returned.

The students in the room shifted uncomfortably and Draco sneered at them, causing them all to rush out to their dormitories.

“I don’t want you speaking to Potter again Alexandria,” Draco stated using my full name to which I took a step back.

I shook my head, “No. You cannot tell me who I can and cannot talk to Draco. I don’t do that to you do I?”

“No, but I’m telling you now. I don’t want to see you talk to Potter,” he sneered at me.

I took a step back and looked at him, “Who the hell are you? Draco Malfoy, my best friend, never before gave a rats arse if I talked to Harry Potter. My best friend use to talk to me and tell me nice things when he knew I was upset. He use to let me cry on his shoulder when he knew I needed to cry, even if a single tear hadn’t slipped past my eyes. Do I look upset to you Draco? Do I look like I’m about to cry? Because I am. My heart is aching and my mind is fuzzed. But you didn’t speak to me all summer, I felt like Pansy damn Parkinson. Might as well compare to me a damn pile of crap! I’ve had enough of my fathers demands, I do not and will not tolerate yours!”

Draco seemed taken aback at my little outburst, hell even I was. I probably revealed too much, but I was hurt. I mean, he didn’t contact me all summer. I tried to send an owl to him, I even stopped by the Malfoy Manor a couple times only to find he wasn’t home.

“Ria— ”

Draco stopped mid-sentence and frowned he stepped forward and embraced me in a tight hug. I wrapped my arms around his waist. While his arms rest on my upper back. The height difference between us was rather amusing.

“I’m sorry,” He mumbled, “I—”

“I’m sorry to interrupt but I need to speak to Mr. Malfoy,” A voice interrupted.

Draco and I parted and I looked towards the voice, Snape.

I glanced at Draco once more before heading up to my dormitory to sleep.

________————— ________—————

I stepped into my Potions class the next day. I barley slept because of the nightmare I’ve been constantly having. I stopped Draco standing in one of the corners of the room and I sighed. After my blow up last night I knew Draco felt bad. But I don’t need pity.

I need my friend.

I stood near one of the book shelves, not too far away from Draco, but not too close either.

The new teacher, Slughorn was his name, began to ramble about some nonsense. I paid little attention to what he was saying and began to think about my summer, my father and most of all my mother.

I jumped away from my thoughts when I saw Harry Potter and Ron Weasly enter the room.

“Um, sorry, sir, but I haven’t got my book yet -- nor’s Ron. You see-” Harry started but Slughorn interrupted.

“Not to worry. You can get what you need from the cupboard. Now, as I was saying, I’ve prepared a few concoctions this morning. Any ideas what these might be? Yes, Miss...?”

“Granger, sir.” Hermione answered smartly, “That one there is Veritaserum. And that would be Polyjuice Potion. And that...”

I ignored Hermoine’s rambling and glanced at Harry and Ron who were fighting near the book shelves, a crooked smile played across my lips and I chuckled lightly. After a bit Ron comes back with a nice looking book and Harry is holding a worn down book.

I turned my attention back to Hermione only catching the end of her sentence, “is Amortentia! The most powerful love potion in the world.”

Needless to say that class was pointless, I knew everything Hermione was talking about just as well as I knew the back of my own palm.
But once we got to the potion making I didn’t do so well, I heart Potter giving Granger and Weasley advice so I listened to whatever he said. But in the end Harry was the lucky one walking away with liquid luck.

I could really have used that luck at the moment, for myself or Draco.
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter 3. :) I only have 4 subscribers which is magical to me. But can you help me out and spread this story around? :)
This s where the story begins to lead up to some rather good things. :)
Well..bad things but... yeah. Haha.
Comments are loved and I love eveeryone who comments and subscribes. :D

xoxo,
Alexa.