Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

Her Prince Finally Came To Save Her

I woke up early the next morning, around 7:30 to be exactly Draco was still sleeping and the house elves told me that Narcissa went to go run errands for the entire day. I changed into a long sleeve gray shirt and ripped jeans. I slid on my white shoes and grabbed my wand then made my way downstairs. The Malfoy Manor was a beautiful two story home, it was like a castle. The rooms were beautifully decorated with antiques and artworks adorned the walls of the hallways. There was one picture at the end of each hallway of the 3 Malfoy’s.

On of the house elves rushed up to me, “Anything to eat Ms.Nethers?”

I smiled, “A glass of warm milk is fine, thank you.”

The elf nodded and rushed towards the kitchen, I made my way to the living room and gazed up and the large Christmas tree. Presents sat at the bottom, and I smiled. I always loved Christmas, even though the holiday made me really sad.

I sat down by the tree and next to the fire place that was lit with a warming fire. The house elf brought me my milk which I thanked him for. I stared into the fire and watched as the flames danced around, I let my day dreamer side take over, remembering the most random memories in no real time order.

“Crabbe, Goyle, Ria, Where have you three been?” Draco called out as I was walking the halls with Crabbe and Goyle.

“Pigging out in the Great Hall all this time?” Draco joked and I snorted, Crabbe nodded.

Draco walked up beside me and Goyle, he turned his head and looked at Goyle curiously, “Why are you wearing glasses?”

Goyle seemed a bit embarrassed and took off his glasses, “Oh, uhm, reading.”

I giggled softly at Goyle’s embarrassment.

Draco gave Goyle and incredulous look, “Reading? I didn’t know you could read.”

My mouth dropped and I punched Draco’s shoulder to which he yelped.

“What was that for?!” Draco whined, rubbing his arm.

“That was utterly rude!” I stated and sighed, running a hand over my face. Draco shrugged it off and walked in the hall, sneering.


I laughed at the memory and continued to stare into the fire.

We were all gather in the Great Hall, as usual I was seated beside Draco. Goyle nodded his head behind us and Draco and I both looked to see Harry Potter and Ron Weasley. Draco smirked, “Potter!”

Harry turned around in his seat, as did Ron.

“Is it true you fainted?” Draco teased, “I mean you actually fainted?”

“Shove off Malfoy,” Ron growled turning around in his seat. Draco laughed darkly and I shook my head.

“What?” Draco asked his laughter dying down.

“What must you always taunt them?” I asked, gathering my books and walking out of the Great Hall.

While we were following Hagrid for our class Draco kept whining about the abnormal book we held.

“Exactly how do we do that?” Draco sneered at Hagrid when he was talking about the books being open.

“Well just stroke the spine of course,” Hagrid called over his shouler. I giggled when Draco looked curiously at the book and stroked the spine.

He looked at me not being amused, “I’m glad you find my confusion funny, Ria.” I giggled again, “I’m sorry, its just slightly amusing.”

Draco rolled his eyes, a smile playing at his lips as we walked in front of Pansy,Goyle and Crabbe.
We all stopped near a bunch of rocks and I set my book down, as did Draco. I turned to see Hermione, Ron and Potter not to far away from us. Draco seemed to be looking in the same direction.

“I think they’re funny,” Hermione stated to Ron and Harry.

Draco smirked, “Oh yeah, terribly funny. Really witty…God this place has done to the dogs.”

Draco sneered, “Wait until my father hears that Dumbledore has got this oaf teaching classes.”
Crabbe and Goyle laughed while I sat there shaking my head at Draco, I happened to actually like Hagrid.

“Shut up Malfoy,” Harry stepped forward, walking towards Draco. Crabbe, Goyle, Pansy and Draco all made an ‘ooh’ sound and Draco laughed.

By now a large circle had gathered around Draco and Harry as they were face to face with each other. Draco stepped forward smirking at Harry, all of a sudden his smirk turned to a look of fear before he pointed above Harrys head.

“Dementor! Dementor!” He called out and everyone’s head whipped around in fear. Draco and the other goons began laughing. I shook my head, rage beginning to build up inside of me.

Pansy, Goyle, Crabbe and Draco lifted the hoods of their robes on their heads and made and “oohh” nose, wiggling their fingers at Harry.

I got up, and pushed past them, bumping shoulders with all of them and making my way over to Harry. I put my hand on Harry’s shoulder and turned him around, walking away.

“What do you think you’re doing Nethers?” Pansy growled, “Blood traitor!”

I turned around and sneered at her, “Say it to my face Pansy, not to my back.”

Pansy scowled, “Blood traitor.”

I pulled out my wand, but before I could point it at her Harry grabbed my wrist. Stopping me from doing so.

“Don’t touch her Potter!”

I turned to Harry and smiled lightly, before we walked over to Hermione and Ron.

_____________.____________

“Does it hurt terribly Draco?” Pansy asked, rubbing Draco’s arm soothingly.
I turned to Blaise and made a gagging face which resulted him to snort. Draco was ‘attacked’ by one of the animals in Hagrids class today. And Draco, being Draco, decided to do exactly what your not supposed to do and that was insult the animal. Now the poor animal was being killed.

“It comes and it goes,” Draco shrugged, “Still, I consider myself lucky. According to Madame Pomfrey, another minute or two and I, uh, could have lost my arm. I couldn’t possibly do any homework for weeks.”

I rolled my eyes, “That’s such rubbish Draco and you know it.”

Pansy glared at me, “Don’t speak to him like that. How do you even call her a friend Draco when she’s calling you a liar.”

“Was I speaking to you Pansy?” I sneered at her.

“No, but I have the right to defend my boyfriend,” Pansy stuck her nose up in the air.

“And I have the right to point out when Draco is lying,” I stated in a bland tone and turned to Draco, “Whatever, I’m off to class.”

And with that I walked out of the Great Hall.


I sighed and closed my eyes, letting myself silently cry as the one memory I didn’t want to see played in my mind.

I cried, I sat in the middle of the freezing cold snow in only jeans and a thin sweater, crying. I’m pretty sure people where looking for me. I was sitting in the Great Hall when and owl came swooping down, a note attached to its leg. The note was from my father. I remember Draco looking at me curiously as I read the note. I felt numb reading it, as soon as I was finished reading it I slid the note into my cup and let the ink fade away with the pumpkin juice. I stood up, almost zombie like and began walking out of the Great Hall. Eyes followed me out of the room and Draco stood up to follow me, but I ran. Anyone who was in my way was shoved. No one dared followed me.

I ran out into the forest, my throat felt like it was burning but at the same time I was freezing cold.

I don’t know how long I ran but all I know is while I was running I tripped on a tree branch hidden under the snow and feel to the ground with a thump. I cried in pain, I curled up in a ball on the floor and sobbed. My entire body shook from the cold and the pain. The snow around my leg had red spots all around it and I noticed that I had a long gash on my knee.

I heard my name being called in the far distance but I knew it would be a while until they found me. My heart hurt, I felt like it would explode out from my chest. I had no one anymore, I was alone in this world. Not even my father counted.

No one would ever love me like she did, no one.

“Alexandria!” A voice rang but I ignored it and continued to sob.

I heard the snow crunch quickly as if someone was running. And in an instant a pair of nice dress shoes slid in front of me.

“What have you done, what have you done,” Draco cried as he took off his coat and placed it over my shoulders, then gently picking me up.

“Draco,” I cried, “Draco she’s gone. She’s gone forever, he killed her. She’s gone.”

“Who’s gone love?” Draco asked, “You need to need to calm down, sshh.”

I continued to sob, clutching onto Draco’s shirt, “My mother! My mother is gone!”

After that I only remember Draco bringing my to the hospital wing of the school.


“Alexandria!” I heard my name being called loudly and I jumped. Draco was knelt down beside, a worried expression on his face. I choked on a sob and buried my face in my hands.

Draco sighed and sat on the floor, pulling me in his arms.

“What’s the matter?” He asked, resting his cheek on top of my head as I clung to his shirt, letting silent tears stream down my face.

“I miss her, it’s almost been a year that’s she’s been gone. And I miss her Draco,” I said quietly.

Draco sighed, “I know you miss her. She’s watching over you somewhere and smiling.”

“No she’s not, I’m not a good person Draco. She’s frowning at me,” I cried.

“You really don’t know how great you are,” He whispered, “Please stop crying,..”

“I’m a terrible friend, you shouldn’t talk to me. I always seemed to walk away from you and I defended Harry at times and – ”

“Ria! Stop it, you are my best friend,” Draco stated, his eyes showing hurt, “You will always be my best friend. I care about you than I do about my own family.”

I sniffled and threw my arms around Draco’s neck, “Thank you Draco. I don’t think I would be able to stay sane if you weren’t my friend.”

“I know I wouldn’t be sane,” He muttered to me.
♠ ♠ ♠
Yay for another chapter. :D
Well, I want at least 3 comments before my next update. :p updates may be a little slower though since i start summer school tomorrow. -__-" But i'lll try to update often for you! :D
3 comments please! :)

xoxo,
Alexa