Status: finished;;

Souls to Steal

Promise Me You Won't Let Them

Third Persons

Alexandria sat on her bed, looking at the dress Narcissa said her father bought her. It was medium length black dress that ended a little more than above her knees. It had a heart shaped top and lace going down her arms. It was absolutely beautiful.

She sighed, she would have loved it more if it didn’t cover her arms. But her father knew she had to cover them. She couldn’t have Draco finding out about her. The Christmas party was tomorrow and Alexandria was nervous about seeing her father. She was also nervous to know what he needed to talk about. Did she do something wrong? Did someone rat her out?

Alexandria sighed and walked out of her room, and over to Draco’s room. She knocked softly at his door. She heard shuffling and the door opened to reveal Draco. She raised her eyebrows at him when she noticed that he seemed a bit nervous for some reason.

“You alright Draco?” She asked, her voice showing her concern.

Draco smiled weakly, his mother just informed him that his father wanted to talk to him about his task. Did he do something wrong? Did someone find out what he was doing? Whatever it was he wasn’t looking forward to it. Draco looked at Alexandria and smiled, he was glad she had nothing to do with what he was doing. If she was, he wouldn’t know what to do with himself.

“Yeah, just worried about seeing my father is all,” He told her honestly as he stepped aside letting her into his room. Alexandria walked into the room and jumped on the bed, sitting with her legs crossed.

“Yeah, my father wants to talk to me too,” She frowned.

Both of their minds starting working and both noticed the ironic situation of both of their fathers wanting to talk to them. Each thought the same thing.

He can’t get mixed up in this, he just can’t. I would break down.

She can’t be involved in any of this. I won’t allow it, she doesn’t deserve this pain.

Draco sat on the bed beside Alexandria and she allowed her head to fall on his shoulder.

“How are you and your father?” Draco asked her.

Alexandria’s lip curled into a silent snarl and Draco noticed.

“Still not good?” He chuckled.

“The wanker,” She muttered, “He was nice enough to send me a dress for the party tomorrow but he’s still a royal arse. He hasn’t bothered to speak to me since before school started.”

“Neither has my father, he send an owl here and there. But that’s most just for an update,” Draco stated and Alexandria nodded.

“What do you want to do for the day?” Draco asked.

“I really wish I could fly my broom for a while,” She muttered with a pout.

“You’re arm is probably worse since.. you know,” Draco muttered the last part, “Have you been taking the potion Madame Pomfrey gave to you?”

Alexandria shifted uneasily and Draco scowled at her, “You haven’t been taking it, have you?”

“I was planning on taking it.. but I kind of forgot,” Alexandria muttered.

“Ria!” Draco scolded, “You have to take the medicine, we’re going to have to take this wrap off your arm tomorrow for the dinner.”

Alexandria gulped, “I know, I’ll take it tonight… Who’s going to be here tomorrow?”

Draco ran a hand over his face, “Mostly the death eaters. Like Bellatrix, my father, your father and so on.”

She snorted, “My father… a death eater. Never thought I’d live to hear that being said.”

Draco rubbed Alexandria’s arm and seemed to be in deep thought. She learned that Draco never really liked to be interrupted while he was thinking, so she just let him be.

After a couple of minutes Draco spoke, “Do you hate death eaters?”

Alexandria sighed, “It’s not that I hate them. I just hate what they do.”

“And what do they do?” Draco asked as he shifted on the bed, lying down. Alexandria shifted with him and they laid side by side. Her head resting on his arm.

“Bad things Draco,” She murmured, “Just... bad things.”

Both of them sat in silence again, but this time Alexandria spoke.

“Promise me something Draco?” She asked, her voice soft and almost scared.

Draco noticed this and frowned slightly, “What is it?”
“Promise me, that no matter what – you’ll always be my friend,” She asked him, “Because if your not there for me… no one is.”

“I promise,” Draco answered, “Now I want you to promise me something.”

“What?” Alexandria asked.

“No matter what happens, or what I do… promise me you’ll always be there for me?” He asked, his voice finally showing some emotion. But not an emotion Alexandria liked, because it was fear and sadness.

“Always,” She answered, “Even if your doing something wrong Draco, you should know Id be there for you.”

They lay in silence and Alexandria closed her eyes letting her thoughts drift to happy childhood memories of her and Draco.. And before she knew it, she had fallen asleep. A small content smile on her face.

Draco thought about the promise Ria had just made to him, and he only hoped that she would never stop being his friend. Because she was the only he could trust. Draco sighed and fell asleep thinking about his friendship with Alexandria. She promised him she would always be there – even if he was wrong. Draco closed his eyes and smiled small before he too drifted to sleep. A small content smile on his face.

Narcissa - who was listening at the door of Draco’s bedroom a the two made promises to each other – entered the room and looked at the two teens. She knew that they were ment to be together, as did everyone else. But the Dark Lord will use this to his advantage. He could manipulate them both.
Narcissa covered the two with the blanket on Draco’s bed and kissed their foreheads. She smiled, and left the room.
♠ ♠ ♠
Thanks for the comments. :D Didn't get 4 but I just wanted to write something. :) Next chapter is the most important yet so comment! It's the Christmas party. OOOHH!
The perfect song for this chapter - in my opinion is this song: