Hajime no Insho

sho niju.

Admittedly, Kouyou knew exactly what had been causing his headaches. Yune wasn’t making it incredibly easy to finish the one song that they had left to record, and he’d become distant since the band’s first live. It would have been understandable if Yune’s distant was only nerves about the band taking a rather large leap in a short space of time, but nerves weren’t causing Kouyou’s head to throb, nor were nerves driving him absolutely insane.

And in a way, Kouyou felt as though he had a share of the blame, since he’d been the one to recruit the drummer, but he also knew that there was no way he could have foreseen him distancing himself so much from the other members of the band. He rarely kept plans to spend time with anyone outside of band meetings, and at band meetings, he really only contributed when it seemed that he needed to, otherwise remaining quiet and distant as always.

Hence Kouyou’s throbbing migraine and Yuu’s gentle attempts to distract him from the stress that Yune had brought on; rubbing his shoulders or his back, gently massaging his temples, or gently kissing along his neck. His efforts made Kouyou smile, and they weren’t entirely in vain, but Kouyou knew what their only solution would be; find a drummer to replace Yune, because he wasn’t going to be sticking around for much longer.

It was an unfortunate fact, however, that Kouyou had no fucking idea where they’d find another drummer. He’d heard the local indie bands, and they really weren’t amazing, and he wasn’t going to ask a band to break up just so that he could steal their drummer, even though it seemed as though that was something that he might have to consider doing.

He let his eyes fall closed as Yuu returned his attention to his shoulders, and he released a somewhat muted sound of appreciation as he let his head drop forward. His head was still throbbing, which meant that the painkillers had yet to kick in. He felt Yuu’s mouth pressing soft kisses to the back of his neck, and he smiled just slightly as he rested his head in his hands and rubbed at incredibly tense pressure points with the tips of his fingers.

He heard Yuu chuckling softly behind him, and he lifted his head, looking back at him as though to ask what the hell he thought was so funny, and he smiled just slightly as Yuu touched their lips together, squeezing his shoulders affectionately. “All this worrying, and you could just kick him out.”

Kouyou shook his head, releasing a somewhat exasperated sigh. “I would if I could, or if the band could afford to lose him. Okuribi has yet to be recorded, and Takanori worked incredibly hard on those lyrics, and to watch it all go to waste would just be-“

“Catastrophic. I know.” Yuu offered a small smile, and he let his hands slip to Kouyou’s neck, the pads of his fingertips gently pressing against tense muscles, and he smiled just a bit more as Kouyou’s head dropped back against his shoulder. “But you know what I think?” He received a short ‘hmm’ in response, and he smiled. “We can look for bands past their ‘indie’ stage, see if their drummers are worth anything, and if they are, we can ask if they would be our backup plan.”

Kouyou would have rolled his eyes if they’d been open, but Yuu had an incredible way of relaxing him in such a way that he really felt no desire for anything but having Yuu to lean back against and Yuu to make the aches in his muscles go away. “Do you think Okuribi’ll sound as it should with his drums on it?”

Yuu chuckled. “If it doesn’t, Takanori’ll take care of the problem for all of us.” Kouyou snorted. “It’ll be fine; it’ll all work out.” Yuu bent his head down, and he kissed along Kouyou’s jaw, nipping at his ear if only to earn a half-hearted laugh. “So you can stop worrying and get some sleep for once.”

Kouyou yawned, and he turned his head into Yuu’s neck, smiling as the hands on his neck moved down to his sides and arms wrapped around him. He managed to mumble, “If you say so,” and despite the dull throbbing in his forehead, Kouyou pressed back against Yuu once the other had managed to lay them down, and he let his head fall onto the pillow, and he gave into his exhaustion.

He knew that Yuu was right; he’d actually be hard-pressed to find a time when he hadn’t been- but he also held the band’s trust in his hands, and the fact that bringing Yune into the equation might have actually screwed that up was far beyond too much to handle. And it was only at such a degree because Gazette was so new; they’d released singles and PVs and Matina had done a ton and a half of advertising for them, but they had only played a few lives, and he knew that Takanori and Akira and even Yuu had gotten accustomed to playing numerous shows as a way to make money and gain fans.

But somehow, the rest of the band still trusted him, and the rest of the band was still willing to work hard, even though Yune made it just a bit more than difficult to continue to do so. If they thought that they could do this and come out all the better for it, then he supposed that he could look at it that way too.

They were all in this together, and that was what made this band feel special.