Hajime no Insho

sho sanjuyon.

Admittedly, Takanori was sad to see the end of the tour. It had been such an eye-opening experience, and it had been a learning experience, as well. Seeing how much the band had grown and how much the fan base had grown truly warmed his heart, and at the final, he was sure that the band had never performed so flawlessly. And at the final, there were tears and there was laughter, and Takanori had literally felt his heart swell the moment the crowd had begun to sing along with ‘Miseinen’.

He knew that they were on the right path now. They still didn’t have big-name success, and they still didn’t have lives booked at Japan’s larger arenas, but they were on their way, and they had become closer over the last few months than they had in the last few years. They’d spent nights together in hotel rooms throughout the country, and they’d spent their days in a van with their equipment in an attached trailer, and they’d barely managed some of the shows, but the tour final had been something else.

It had been incredible to see the crowd cheer so enthusiastically for them and cry so passionately for them to come back for an encore, and it had been incredible enough to re-enforce Takanori’s faith in the band’s ability to grow stronger and continue to draw in fans and success.

And it had been incredible to join his band at the front of the stage with tears in his eyes and promise a swift return. He’d had chills and goose bumps and the most incredible heartswell as they’d taken their final bow, and then he and the band had gone backstage together, shedding their tears together in their traditional group hug.

And he knew that they were being allowed a taste of their dream, and that was one of the best feelings in the world.

And once the tears had stopped and the sheer finality of it all had sunk in, the band could grin at each other, and there was a definite moment of we did it as they came together and hugged tightly and decided that yes, a night out was the perfect idea. And once they all had broken apart, Akira pulled Takanori close to him, and he grinned as he picked the singer up, spinning him in circles, egged on by the delighted giggle that left his boyfriend’s lips. And his eyes twinkled as they grinned at each other, and he ignored Kouyou’s quiet snickering when they kissed.

Because kissing Takanori was perfect, and being close to him was reminiscent of the dreams he’d had where he could hold him, except in some surreal, amazing twist of fate, this was a dream that, hopefully, he would never wake up from. He pulled back from the kiss, taking a moment to admire the man he was allowed to love, and then freed him from his hold, settling for gently reaching out and taking his hand, smiling widely at him. He winked at Kouyou, who had a grinning Yuu beside him and a warm arm around his shoulders, and then reached out for Yutaka, snickering and giving him a one-armed hug, dodging a few random obstacles as the band made their way outside.

The drummer squirmed out of his grip, grinning his trademark dimpled grin, and Akira snickered just a bit more, ruffling Yutaka’s hair and dodging a swing at his arm.

“Quit being an asshole, Reita.”

“Only when you stop being such an easy target, Kai-chan.” He snickered as he was glared at, and he smiled as Yutaka glared at him, considering a retort, and then his grin widened, and he was gloating. Takanori was snickering beside him, and he released his hand, opting to slide an arm around him instead, and Akira returned the gesture, grinning and laughing at Yutaka, who seemed wary of walking close to him.

“Telling him to not be an asshole is like telling me not to-“

“Kouyou.”

“Mm?”

“Finish that sentence, and you may find your beloved hair in a mess.”

“Mm, well it’ll end up in a mess anyway, so go right ahead.” The guitarist grinned, and he turned his head over his shoulder to wink at the bassist, and then laid his head on Yuu’s shoulder once more. Yuu was chuckling, and he turned his head just slightly to kiss Kouyou’s honey-blond hair, and he was smiling so softly that his gesture almost seemed too intimate for such a public setting. And Kouyou muttered an “I love you” to him, and he was smiling as he was gifted with a kiss.

“You’re incredible, Takashima.” Akira chuckled softly, shaking his head, and glanced over at Yutaka, who wasn’t walking quite so far away, and he raised an eyebrow at the phone in the drummer’s hand. Yutaka was beaming, and he winked as he captured the moment of Takanori leaning into Akira for warmth. The bassist merely shook his head, his arm moving to Takanori’s shoulders, and he held the singer close to him, turning his head to kiss his temple, and he smiled.

You’re incredible, too.