Hajime no Insho

sho yonjuyon.

“Aren’t you cold?”

Takanori glanced back at the blond, smiling. “A little. But, Akira, look at this view.”

The blond nodded, glancing at the scene before them and then looking back at Takanori, walking up behind him and wrapping his arms around him. “I know.” He touched a kiss to the singer’s temple, and he chuckled softly. “This view is one of the reasons I picked this apartment out for us.”

“Just one of the reasons?”

“Mhm. The other deciding factor was that it’s big enough for us, Sabu included. Aside from that, the landlord’s nice, and the building’s quiet.” He smiled, pulling Takanori closer to him, and kissed the top of his head. “And I remember you wanting a balcony with a view of Tokyo.”

“This is amazing.” He smiled, gazing out at the nighttime scene before them, and then he shifted in Akira’s arms, turning around to face him, leaning back against the railing and sliding his arms around the bassist’s neck. “And you.” He smiled, pausing to give Akira a kiss. “You are the most amazing of all.”

“Yeah?” Akira chuckled, letting his hand slide up and down the singer’s back. “How’s that?”
Takanori shook his head, laughing softly. “I don’t know how you do it,” he said. “I just know that you are.” Akira leaned down to kiss him, and he let his fingers slip through the strands of hair at the nape of the blond’s neck. “I love you, you know that?”

The blond nodded. “Yeah, I do.” He smiled, reaching up to tuck the singer’s hair behind his ear, and gave him another kiss. “And I love you, too.” He stroked the shorter man’s cheek, and he gazed into his eyes, and as his forehead dropped to rest against Takanori’s, he wondered how in the hell he could have lucked out like this. He’d never thought that he and Takanori would still be together three years later, let alone living together. He’d spent the first year of their relationship wondering when Takanori would realize that being with Akira meant that he would never have the wife and children his parents had told him to have, and then all of that had changed when they’d gone to see Takanori’s parents.

”I’m happier with him than I could ever be with any woman I could ever meet.”
And somehow, Akira had known he’d hit the jackpot. Not only did he get to have Takanori, but he also got to have his heart, and that somehow felt more amazing than being with anyone else would have.

“Are you still happy, ‘nori?” he asked, and his voice was quiet, barely audible over the nightlife in the distance.

“Hm?”

“I wanted to know if you were still happy.” He bit his lip for a moment, nudging forward to kiss the bridge of the singer’s nose. “Being with me, having Sabu, moving in together, all of that.”

Takanori drew back a little, his eyebrow raised just slightly, and he gazed into Akira’s eyes. “Of course I’m happy,” he said softly. “Akira, you’ve made me happier than I’ve been in a very long time.” He let his fingers slip from the blond’s hair, resting on the sides of his neck, and then shifted them upward, gently framing his face. “The word ‘happy’ couldn’t ever begin to describe what I feel when I’m with you.” He smiled, pulling Akira down to him, and he closed his eyes as they kissed, and he was sure that nothing in that moment could be any more perfect.

He could faintly hear the sound of cars and people over the sound of his own heartbeat, and he could almost feel Akira’s heartbeat against his own, and he could feel fingers slipping along his spine and pressing against the small of his back, and he all too willingly pressed himself closer to the man he’d been able to call his boyfriend for over three years.

And then he heard barking, and he could feel Akira’s smile against his mouth right before they pulled away. And the moments after the kiss seemed to hang in limbo without time to measure them, and Takanori couldn’t help but steal another kiss before Akira let him go so that he could bend down and pick up their little dog. Sabu barked happily, stretching up to lick his face, and he snickered and attempted to make the squirming animal in his arms settle down, but to no avail as always. Sabu only licked contentedly at his face, and because he was close enough, Sabu could turn his head and lick at his cheek and yip happily at the two men that had given him a home.

And Akira was grinning as he scratched the little dog’s head, earning a few licks to his hand.

And for a few short, sparking moments, it was almost as if he, Takanori, and Sabu were a family.

And it was the most heartwarming feeling he’d ever had.