Hajime no Insho

sho yonjuroku.

“Yuu, seriously. When was the last time you made me wear a blindfold just to let me into our bedroom?”

Yuu grinned, lacing his fingers together over Kouyou’s blindfolded eyes, and he ducked his head forward to press a kiss to the other man’s neck, just below his ear. “The last time I did something amazing for you,” he said. “Which was, incidentally, the last time you let me make love to you all night long in return.” He snickered as Kouyou reached back and smacked his hip, and it was only incentive for him to press closer. “So I’d appreciate it if you’d stop fidgeting, because I do so enjoy that part.”

“You are far too much like me,” Kouyou sighed. “But since you are incredible in bed, I suppose I should let you win.”

Yuu snickered once more, and he removed his hands from the blindfold, opting to slide his arms around Kouyou’s torso instead, and he pulled the other man back against him, grinning as Kouyou rested his hands over Yuu’s and seemed to completely surrender. “Just remember that I do actually value my hearing, hmm?” He kissed the same spot below Kouyou’s ear, and he ignored the other guitarist’s slight confusion, leading him forward into their bedroom anyway.

And he led him forward, toward their bed, and then closed his hands around one of his wrists, placing his hand on the bed and urging him to search around a bit. And he was certain that Kouyou felt like an idiot, searching the foot of their bed blindly with only one hand, but any anxiety about what Yuu could have possibly done this time seemed to vanish altogether as his hand found the neck of a guitar, and his fingertips brushed along the strings.

A soft chord filled the room, and he smiled a little to himself while Yuu still couldn’t see him, and then he pulled the blindfold down, turning around in the dark-haired man’s arms. “A guitar,” he said, and he lifted an eyebrow. His hands found Yuu’s shoulders, and he seemed to be waiting for something extravagant, used to Yuu planning out a million things for him all at once. “You make me wear a blindfold and threaten to tie me down for a guitar.”

Yuu smiled. “You have to admit that you liked the sound of being tied down, and no, I didn’t do all of this for just a guitar.” He chuckled as Kouyou’s eyebrow was raised farther, and he reached down toward the bed, picking up a set of keys, dangling them in front of Kouyou’s face, and he smiled as interest sparked in honey-gold eyes. “I’m surprised you missed these,” he said, and he snickered as one of Kouyou’s hands lifted from his shoulder and snatched the keys from him. “One of those is to my car, and the other is to a lockbox that I’ve hidden somewhere in our apartment.”

Kouyou’s eyebrow remained raised.

“You have to find the lockbox first, and then I have to ask that you please, please, please don’t scratch up my baby.”

“Yuu.”

“Hmm?”

“Who are you, and what have you done with my boyfriend?”

Yuu smiled, chuckling as Kouyou’s arms slid around his neck. “Well, I don’t know about your boyfriend, but I know quite a few things that I would love to do with mine.” He smiled, and he was quiet long enough for a kiss, and then he added, “I just thought you’d like a surprise.”

“Hm.”

“What?”

“You’re no Sherlock Holmes, Shiroyama, but I love you.” He smiled, and he pulled Yuu forward for a kiss once more. “And just a warning for you, since I love you so much: if this scavenger hunt of yours makes me tear out all of my hair, I just might have to kill you.”

Yuu half-snorted. “Kouyou, love. I’m not as clever as you think I am. Trust me, it’s pretty straightforward.” He chuckled as Kouyou’s eyebrow was raised at him once more, and he pressed a kiss to the bridge of the other guitarist’s nose, grinning as he did so, and then gently disengaged from his arms, nudging him toward the door. “Now, go on and find the lockbox, hm? Because the faster you do, the faster I can actually make good on my threat and at least make the search worth your time.”

He snickered as Kouyou rolled his eyes, and he was thankful that those sorts of jokes were normal in their relationship, otherwise he would have been kicked out long, long ago. And he smiled as Kouyou’s hand reached out to take his, dragging him out of the room, and he knew what that gesture meant: he was going to at least help point Kouyou in the right direction. They’d probably end up playing that age-old game that involved ‘you’re getting warmer’ and ‘you’re incredibly freezing’ types of clues, and it would probably take Kouyou ages to catch on.

But Kouyou wasn’t going to pull any of his hair out; that much was for sure.

“Tell me, dear Yuu: what is the point of me being on this ridiculous search of yours?”

“Well, sweetheart, since you asked. I’d hoped you could distress some, what with the new album and the tour coming up. And I thought I’d throw in a nice surprise just to make you smile that pretty smile that I know and love.” He grinned almost cheekily as Kouyou looked back at him, and he snickered to himself as they paused, standing outside of the entryway to their bathroom. “You’re still at subzero, by the way.”

Kouyou glanced over at him, smiling a little, eyebrow raised. “Mhm.”

“So that usually means ‘keep looking.’ Unless the rules have changed.”

Kouyou chuckled, squeezing Yuu’s hand a little, and then he turned them around, walking toward the sitting room, glancing back at Yuu. “Any warmer?”

“Getting there.”

“I see.” He continued to move through the sitting room, his gaze scanning over the couch, armchair, and entertainment center, his brow furrowing, and then he headed toward the closet near the door, sliding the door open and scanning the inside. His gaze rested on a small gray box, and he smiled to himself, and he glanced over at his boyfriend, pointing toward the thing inside. “How about now?”

Yuu almost looked frustrated. “You’re supposed to look for ages and get pissed off and finally bribe me with a kiss.” He pouted as Kouyou snorted, and he crossed his arms and waited as Kouyou reached for the box, unlocked it with the key he’d been given, and then flipped it open, picking up the photo inside. “Your next clue is where that photo was taken,” he said, and he looked apprehensive as Kouyou’s thumb brushed over the key to his car. “Just remember; please don’t scratch my car.”

Kouyou smiled, and he set the lockbox aside, reaching out and tugging Yuu close enough to give him a kiss and a smile. “Don’t you worry, hm? Your baby will come back home just fine.” He grinned, kissing the dark-haired man once more, and then he took his hand. “Now come on; if you were serious about making love all night, I’d like to get to that part soon.”

Yuu grinned as he followed Kouyou out the door. Some things would never change.