Hajime no Insho

sho yonjuhachi.

“Yuu-kun, this is beautiful.” Kouyou grinned, and he lifted his head to look up at Yuu, who simply smiled at him, dipping his head down for a kiss. He settled closer to the dark-haired guitarist, relaxing against him, and smiled after their kiss was broken. Dark brown eyes met his, and the full mouth mere inches from his was smiling widely, proudly, lovingly. “Seriously. You…you just amaze me so much, you know that?”

Yuu chuckled, drawing Kouyou closer to his side, hand gently clutching his shoulder. “Now I do.” The Sky Wheel was turning slowly, bringing them back to the top, and as they reached the peak, Yuu grinned, free hand pointing toward the ocean, where sky met sea. “Look out there,” he said, and his wide smile remained as Kouyou obeyed, glancing toward the horizon, and he watched as Kouyou’s expression seemed to soften. “Hard to believe we’ve been out all night, hm?”

“Yeah. Incredible.” He sighed a little, his head resting on Yuu’s shoulder, and his eyes half-closed as he felt the warm press of lips kissing his temple. “I’ll admit I wasn’t incredibly excited when the night first started but…” He bit his lip, letting his gaze rest on the slow-forming swirl of colors in the distance, and then he turned his head to meet Yuu’s lips with his own, kissing him shortly before returning his head to its previous resting place. “But I’m glad I played along.”

“Yeah?”

“Yeah. This night has seriously been incredible. No one’s ever gone through all of this trouble just for one night out.”

“Hm.” Yuu’s hand lifted, brushing idly through Kouyou’s hair, and they spent a few minutes in silence, watching the sky as colors formed; first a deep purple swept along the horizon, and then a layer of indigo formed above it, and then when a miniscule hint of red appeared, Yuu turned his head, kissed Kouyou’s temple, and smiled against his skin. And his voice dropped to a whisper when he broke the silence with, “You’re worth every second of it.”

Kouyou smiled, and his hand reached over, folding warmly around Yuu’s free hand, and he gave it a gentle squeeze. “I’m glad I met you, Yuu Shiroyama,” he said, and he smiled. “You’ve no idea how you make me feel.”

“Technically,” Yuu said, and he chuckled as he kissed Kouyou’s temple once more before drawing back, “you tell me every time we get physical, so I’m fairly certain I have some idea.”

Kouyou snorted, pulling his hand from Yuu’s to smack him lightly on the chest, and then twined their fingers together once more. “I’m not talking about just the sex, surprisingly. I mean, yes, sex with you is amazing, but…” He bit his lip again, and he studied the glowing sunrise as he searched for the proper words. “But when we’re not being physical, just being with you fills some void in my heart, and I feel…”

“Whole?”

He released a tiny laugh. “Yeah, I guess. Odd, isn’t it?”

Yuu lifted their hands, nudging Kouyou’s chin so that their gazes met, and he shook his head. “No,” he said softly. “Not at all.” He bent his head down, and their lips met, and Yuu felt a warmth flood through him that he’d felt during every single kiss they’d ever shared. His hand broke free from Kouyou’s so that he could rest his palm against the light-haired guitarist’s cheek, and he smiled against the mouth pressed to his as he let his thumb brush over porcelain skin. “You’re perfect, Kouyou,” he said softly, and Kouyou hummed against his mouth in response. “You’re perfect, and I love you.”

“Mm,” Kouyou hummed, and he smiled up at Yuu when they broke apart. “You know I love you, too.”

“Enough to marry me?”

“…What?” Kouyou blinked, and his eyebrow slowly drifted upward, and he felt a chill slip through him in a smooth wave.

Yuu smiled, a secretive twinkle in his eye, and his hand disappeared into the pocket of his, digging for a few long moments, and when he found what he was looking for, he withdrew his hand, set a small box on top of Kouyou’s leg, and popped it open, smiling at him. Kouyou was forced to lift his head from Yuu’s shoulder to gaze down at the small box, studying it, and Yuu could feel his heart beat picking up, unaware of the fact that Kouyou’s was doing the same.

“Yuu this must have cost-“

“I know, and you can yell at me for it later, but. You know that I will give you nothing but the best for as long as we’re together, so, I’ll ask you again.” He bit his lip, his hand slipping into Kouyou’s, his pulse racing against the other man’s wrist. “Will you marry me?”

“If I say yes, do you promise to take me home and tire me out properly?”

Yuu smiled. “Anything you want.”

Kouyou smiled, glancing at the ring he was being offered, and then his gaze lifted to the man beside him, and his smile widened, and he felt like a damn schoolgirl with tears forming in the corners of his eyes, but he couldn’t help but laugh nervously, quietly, and slip his hands to the back of Yuu’s neck, pulling him close for a kiss. “Yes,” he whispered, and he released another breathy, short laugh, and the sound was more of a nervous puff of air than anything. “Yes, Shiroyama, I will marry you, if only because I know that I could never be this happy with anyone else, even if I tried.”

Yuu grinned, and he stole another kiss before averting his gaze to the ring box teetering dangerously on Kouyou’s thigh, and he plucked the ring from it, chuckling, smiling. “It’s settled, then. I’d like to put this on your finger now, though, if you don’t mind.” Kouyou beamed, letting him take hold of his left hand, and they kissed as Yuu slid the ring onto his third finger. “Love you,” he said softly, and he grinned as he heard Kouyou return the words in a whisper. Then, when the kiss was broken and Kouyou was once again settled comfortably against his side, they watched the sun as it peeked over the horizon. It was a small yellow sliver at first, but as the time passed, more and more of it was visible, and more reds and oranges and yellows began to take over the sky.

Kouyou was humming softly beside him, and though he recognized the tune and could have hummed along if he’d wanted to, Yuu kept quiet, resting his head on Kouyou’s, gently running a hand along his arm to keep him warm. Kouyou was holding onto him, arms wrapped around his middle, and eventually, Yuu lifted his arm from the back of their ‘car’ and used it to hold Kouyou closer, instant warmth settling in.

And as the sun rose, the Sky Wheel was brought to life once more, turning slowly, bringing them back down to the ground.