His Personal (Lover) Assistant

No Date.

Weddings. Weddings suck. Weddings have annoyed me since the beginning of my time. It’s honestly just another excuse to get drunk. Which, thank you, I will be doing. Wedding are annoying, and make you dress up. Weddings are what got me wearing a tux tomorrow morning, and saying a speech about my step-father whom I’m the best man for.

“I hate this dress,” Ainsley pouted.

“Do you have a date?” I asked her, as she hung the dress on the door until it was time to change.

“Do you?”

“Yes!” I said happily. “His name his Kaleb, he’s from Starbucks, and he agreed to go tonight and tomorrow.” She sighed, and sank back into the chair.

“I have a date, but just as a friend.”

“Who?” I asked blankly, sitting down.

“Mikey. We’re just friends, and I couldn’t find a date I might actually want to be with in the future.”

“Ains, you were supposed to get someone to actually date.

“Well, soooooory.” She rolled her eyes.

“We should start getting ready.”

“We should.”

“Well, you take the longest, so get to it,” I retorted, and she groaned again, before grabbing her bag of stuff, and heading off towards my bathroom. I heard music blasting soon, and the shower start, as I turned the TV on.

“Watcha doin girl?” I asked, as Bella jumped up onto my lap. “Daddy hasn’t been home much, has he?” She just looked at me as if to say, Duh. I smiled, as the phone rang out. I grabbed it, and answered it. “Lo?”

“Frank, it’s Kaleb.”

“Oh. Hi.”

“Look, a family emergency came up, and I can’t make it today, or tomorrow. I’m so sorry.”

Sure you are.

“Yeah,” I sighed. “That’s fine.” As I hung up with him, the doorbell rang, and Bella went running, as I stood up.

“Gerard?” I asked blankly. Belle growled.

“Dude. Tell your dog to back the fuck off.”

“Down Bella.” Immediately, she listened, and stopped growling. Gerard sighed, relieved, nodding a thanks.

He was dressed in black jeans, a black shirt, with one of his band logos on it, and a leather jacket. He had the tiniest smear of eyeliner on, and his hair was done up, super nicely. He looked…cute, to be utterly honest.

“What’s up?” I asked skeptically.

“Uh, well, I decided to drop by before you left, to tell you, that I have to go away all next week,” He said.

“So I have off?”

“No, you have to come with me, you dweeb.”

“People still use the word dweeb?” I asked. He rolled his eyes.

“If that’s okay with you, I mean.”

“Yeah, it’s fine,” I shrugged.

“what’s up?” he asked gently.

“I don’t have a date for this stupid wedding thing!” I exploded. “I mean, I hate wedding’s, the only reason I’m doing this, is for My Dad!” He crossed his arms, and stared at me as I ranted, whilst growing an amused smile.

“Done yet?” He asked.

“Yes!” I breathed out.

“I’ll go. If you want me too.”

“You will?” I asked, arching an eyebrow. He shrugged.

“Like, a favor, for friends. Friends do that, right?”

“Have you ever had a friend?” I asked, curiously, inviting him inside the apartment finally. He stepped over the threshold. He glared at me.

“Yes,” he growled.

“Okay, okay, just asking. You can be my date, fine. And thank you. Ainsley’s going with Mikey though,” I sniggered. He snorted, and looked around, as I went to sit on the couch.

“Oh. You probably wanna see the place, right?” I asked, making my way to stand back up. He shrugged, shoving his hands into his pocket.

“Kitchen’s over there,” I pointed. “Bathroom’s back there, and here’s the living room. Ta-da.” He laughed.

“I haven’t lived in a small apartment forever. Been in one either. I’ve forgotten they exist.”

“They do,” I said, sitting back down, and he followed suite.

“The blow dryer’s not wo—Hi Gerard,” Ainsley said, coming out into the room.

“Plug it into the one across from the sink,” I ordered, and she nodded, giving me a questioning look, before walking back into the bathroom.

“Am I supposed to wear this?” Gerard asked, motioning to his clothes.

“Do you have a shirt in your car?” I asked him back. “A dress shirt?”

“Who does that?” Gerard asked me, and I arched an eyebrow, before he bit his lip. “Yes! And a tie too. But what about shoes, and—“

“It’s a rehearsal dinner Gerard, not the second coming,” I reminded him. He sighed, and reached for his keys.

“I’ll go get them.” I nodded, and he walked off.

xXx

“We’re gonna be so late,” Ainsley hissed, as we rushed into the church.

“By five minutes,” I rolled my eyes. “And it’s Gerard’s fault.”

“I can’t help it,” He hissed back.

“Oh, shut up, before you start arguing like children,” Ainsley hissed to us both. “Now, let’s go in.”

Here came a long night of boring nothingness.