Black and Blue

Mekare

So, that other girl that was on my neck, remember her? Her name was Mekare. Her long, naturally red hair, well, it was gorgeous. And I can't honestly say that this girl didn't take me by surprise.

It's sort of weird how much I like her now, being that she's a twin to Maharet. There's something about Mekare, though. There's something more beautiful... less maternal, I guess. And she's not nearly as proper, which is ace, because if they all talked like Maharet, I'd be fucked.

This vampire, Mekare, I don't know what happened to her, but she had no tongue. I could only imagine... How strange is it to have on tongue? I mean, she couldn't talk, she couldn't eat (though being a vampire and all, it was hardly needed), and she couldn't kiss anyone. That had to be hell.

Well, anyway, with this bird, it was like love at first sight. Only, I actually fancied her. I'm Oliver Sykes, I don't fall in love. First thing she asked me was how I was feeling. (er, through her mind. She didn't have a tongue to talk, so she... talked with her mind. Awesome, right?) I felt like punching her when she asked me this.

Well, I dunno. I felt fucking amazing. I could smell them. I could hear a conversation that sounded two feet from me, but was in another bloody room. I told her I felt fine. Then, they asked me if I was hungry.

Feeding. Shit, feeding. Maharet found me some poor human and I drank. Yeah, actually bit their fucking neck and drank, like she did to me. And, shit, I didn't feel bad at all. I felt powerful. I just killed some lad and I could feel his blood going through my veins. It was amazing. But there's a downside to being a newborn. Maharet kept telling me to stop, and I couldn't. I really couldn't. It was so hard. But she ripped the lad's neck from me. He was definitely a corpse now.

I asked Mekare later why I had to stop and she said simply: New blood gives you life, dead blood, the opposite. Good mental note.

***

I stood outside, waiting by the Drop Dead store. I could smell them all. All the humans, and fuck, did they smell wonderful, like chocolate chip cookies that had just come out of the oven.

But I kept my composure. And not minutes later, Mekare had come out with a large bag of clothes. She paid. She couldn't have easily stolen the clothes, but she paid.

***

We had agreed to share a room, Mekare and I. And to be honest, I didn't mind in the least. We sat on the bed, her fingers tracing over my ink. The feeling was nice, like her porcelain skin against mine was... nice. I was mesmerised.

Then, she asked about my family. I told her. I told her what her and her sister took me from-

-she slept on the couch.