You Get A LIFETIME

Chapter Ten

Knock, knock.

“Yeah.” I call form my bed.

The door opens and in walks a guy with pass-the-shoulder, greasy, black hair, eye-lined eyes and his nose pierced.

“Hey, I’m Bert. You’re new room-mate I guess.” He says in a gorgeous voice.

“Hey. Ahh, I’m Mikey, Mikey Way.” I stutter out and get up to shake his hand and then trip over my own feet.

He sticks his hand out to help me up, laughing.

“Did you say Way?” he says sitting on his bed and I sit on my own, “Any relation to Gerard Way?” Bert asks.

“Um. Yeap. He’s my big brother. Why? You know him?” I ask.

“Yeah, he was with my last time I ‘dosed. Actually, he called the ambulance.” Bert said looking down and nervously scratched the back of his head.

“Shit. How is he? Is he okay? I haven’t had any contact with him for like 6 weeks.” I say perking up.

“Well, um, no, not really. He’s gone really shit lately. Well, ever since you go arrested. He’s been drink heavily, smoking shit loads, doing a lot of drugs, yelling at everyone including your mom, become really depressed, broke up with Frank, turned into a slut, but he’s still my best friend.” Bert said.

“Oh.” I said feeling guilty. “Um. If you don’t mind I’m gonna go to sleep now. Can you please wake me up when they bring tea around?”

“Ahh, yeah, sure thing Mikey.” Bert says as I drift off to sleep.