You Get A LIFETIME

Chapter 10

"Mikey, Mikey." I hear an unfamiliar voice wake me from my nightmares of Gerard.

"Yeah?" I croak, slowly sitting up and rubbing my eyes.

"You wanted me to wake you when dinner was here, if you can call it that." That voice again, then I remembered, Bert!

"Oh yeah, thanks." I say getting up and heading over to where Bert was now sitting at the table and sit down opposite, "What sort of shit are we having today?"

"They said 'mashed potatoes, carrot, ham and pumpkin', looks more like dog food." Bert replies.

"Probably is." I say, grabbing my spork.

Bert laughed, what a sexy laugh.

After a couple of moment of eating out shit in silence, I look at him and ask, "So, tell me about yourself?"

"What's there to know?" He chuckles, "My names Robert Edward McCracken, I prefer Bert, I'm 27 years old, I come from Provo, Utah, spent the last 3 years in New Jersey, I met your brother through a few mates, a couple of years ago and I went a partied every night, I took so many drugs and dank truckloads and I thought I was invincible. I went to a huge party with Gee and Frankie, the one where they broke up, and over-dosed, I spent 2 weeks in hospital and sent here to 'recover'." Bert takes a bite of his 'food'. All the time he was talking I couldn't stop staring into his eyes. His beautiful eyes. And his mouth form every perfect word.

"What about you?' Bert asks.

"Michael James Way, 25, New Jersey, Drug addicted brother, serial kill. That's it." I say staring down, stirring my food.

"Didn't your momma never tell you not to play with your food?" he jokes in a silly, fake, southern accent.

"Ha ha, I'm just not hungry aye." I say, "I can't stop thinking about Gerard and what I've done to him, and Mom too." And, for the first time in 6 weeks, I cried.

I got up from where I was at the table and went over to the blank bit of wall in between the two beds,put my head in my hands and just let the tears flow. Bert came over and put his arm around my shoulders.

"Mikey, don't worry okay Hun, it'll be okay." Bert soothed.

"How the hell do you know?" I sob.

"I don't, But when i was in hospital, Gerard came to see me everyday. He... He said that after he saw what happened to me he freaked out, he said that he was sorry but he had to leave me. He said after he left me at the hospital the night I over-dosed, he went to Frank's house, he said that him and Frank were getting back together and that Frank was gonna make him get his life back on track and when he found out that when I was coming to the same place as you were, I was meant to tell you that after he got a job and everything he was gonna try to come and see you." Bert was sobbing by now,
"Mikey, he's gonna work on a comic book, he's a really good artist you know. I went to your house once and his room is covered in pictures of you and your mom that he drew."

"I know he's good," I smile, "I didn't know about the drawings though."

That talk that Bert gave me had cheered me up a bit.

"Let's go to bed now, aye Mikes?" Bert says, "Tomorrow, we can get to know each other better aye?"

"Yeah, Sure thing." I walk over to my bed. I pull back the sheets and jump in, "Hey, Bert?"

"Yeah, mate?" He replies from his bed.

"Thanks."

"No problem."

Maybe this place isn't that bad?
♠ ♠ ♠
Please, Please, Please Let Me Know What You Think!!
Please?!

Thankies!!
xx